“This place is excellent...not the typical downtown fare”
Review of Green Lettuce

Green Lettuce
Ranked #157 of 927 Restaurants in Greenville
Description: Green Lettuce USA has been serving some of Greenville's best food since 2012. We are focused n serving fresh salads, made-from-scratch soups, tender meat Kebobs, and delicious sandwiches-all made with highest quality ingredients over open fire. Our menu is inspired by the Mediterranean cuisine with a Persian flare featuring excellent appetizers, entrees, and desserts.
Greenville, South Carolina
“This place is excellent...not the typical downtown fare”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Wonderful Middle Eastern prepared food...the hummus is some of the best hummus I have ever tasted....and having traveled extensively throughout Europe, Canada, and the US and eaten in middle eastern areas, this food was excellent. The owners are truly wonderful, very polite, very attentive, extremely eager to please and they know their way around the kitchen. The food is fresh, beautifully presented and everyone to a person left the restaurant raving about the food....I was surprised that there was not a long line in front of this place...but, just give it some more time...there will be. Hubby and I enjoyed a wonderful lunch...he had a great fresh sandwich which featured fresh lunch meat combination and cheeses on a fresh sandwich roll accompanied with a cup of lentil soup (homemade) and a side salad....all for a wonderful price of $9. Can you beat that? I had the grilled chicken plate with hummus, tabouli, pita, and grilled chicken....YUMMO!...and I could not finish it all...it was so filling, so good, and so much! I am still craving more of that wonderful hummus. I hope they have carry out because I will be calling for some of that to take home very soon. Please give this place a try.....they have wonderful fresh food, great friendly service, and are trying very hard to service healthy choices for a wonderful alternative. It's a fabulous addition to downtown.

1 Thank GVL605

Columbia, South Carolina
“Excellent - Fresh healthy food that tastes fabulous”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I've eaten here about once a week since it opened and the food has always been fresh, high quality and delicious. The atmosphere is relaxing, everything is very clean and comfortable. Everything is very good, but some of my favorites foods are the kuku pita (extra delicious!), lentil soup, tabouli, humus, and grape leaves. The ice cream is also very good - creamy, but not heavy with a hint of something like rosemary?...rose water? Fresh healthy food that tastes fabulous.

1 Thank Joyce854
South Carolina
“Quality ingredients, beautiful place, but not impressed overall”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

On our way home we passed through Greenville and found this new restaurant (open just eight months) on the main downtown street. Since we'd been camping for a few days over the Labor Day weekend, we were craving veggies and iced cold drinks/tea. I ended up ordering each of us--to go--their turkey sandwich with avocado, bacon, cheese and it comes with a side salad, tiny container of homemade soup and very dry pita bread with garlic butter melted on top. The sandwiches were very good--excellent French baguette and the ingredients were fresh. The soup lacked salt/flavor, the salad dressing was pure oil w/o flavor, and as I said before the pita bread was dry (I noticed it sitting out in the kitchen)--all for a high price of $9/each. I nearly fell over when the waiter told me they had run out of ice! So we had some drinks with ice, the soda came in a can w/out and the bottled water was warm. We waited a good while for the food so when he told me about the ice, I was eager to get back on the road and took it all as is...shouldn't have for the price tag! The waiter was very nice and the restaurant is beautiful so perhaps it was just an off day.

Greenville, SC
“The best Middle Eastern food in Greenville”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant twice in the past two weeks and both times it was absolutely delicious. Based on the name, I expected it to be mainly salads but what I didn't expect was the Middle Eastern specialty plates. I ordered the one that has hummus, tabouli, lentil pilaf and grilled chicken with freshly baked pita bread.

I was so blown away, I was anxious to go back and get it again and I did. The food is just phenomenal. The hummus, tabouli and pita bread are the best I've ever tasted, Everything tastes very fresh and flavorful. My experience with Middle Eastern food in Greenville has been Pita House and Pomegranate's on Main. No disrespect to either of them, but there is just no comparison in my opinion. My wife had the Green Lettuce Salad and said it was great as well.

The interior is nicely done with a lot of exposed brick and hardwood. Nothing fancy but it has a nice ambiance and two large windows in the front that allow natural light in and provide an opportunity to watch people strolling down the sidewalks.

The service was excellent the first time and okay the second time, although it was the same server. The difference was that the place was packed on a weekday the second time and she was the only one covering all the tables. Nevertheless, I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013