“Super yummy biscuits”
Review of Tupelo Honey

Tupelo Honey
Reserve with OpenTable
Tupelo Honey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 927 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: What constitutes "New South Flavors?" For us, it is begins with reverence for those time-honored Southern dishes. Served up by wonderful home cooks for years. We respect the freshness, the flavors and the food itself. But we like to jazz it up a little, add something deliciously unexpected to delight your palate. Our interpretation of traditional Southern fare is creative, inventive and satisfyingly scrumptious. Cheers to New South Flavor!
Summerville, South Carolina
“Super yummy biscuits”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I can't believe I haven't reviewed Tupelo Honey before - it's one of my favorite places in town! I was so happy when they opened here as I had visited the downtown Asheville location. I love, love, love the biscuits with blueberry preserves. The only downside is that they fill me up before the rest of the deliciousness heads my way. My favorite dish is the veggie melt. I love all the sides. Best okra I have ever had (including my great grandmother's). Good, but spicy black eyed peas. Goat cheese grits. Yum.

2 Thank Samantha74137

Zeeland, Michigan
“My family had a nice meal”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My family of four (two young children included) had a very nice meal at Tupelo Honey. The food was very good and the atmosphere was pleasant. They were slow with getting us our food, but they explained and apologized to us. We were not bothered as we were not there to be in a hurry. It has been a little while since we were there so I do not remember my exact entree, but I clearly remember enjoying the fried okra. I recommend this restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
Somerville, Alabama
“Wonderful surprise”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Lots of restaurants in downtown Greenville, but this one looked busy and not as expensive as some of the others. Really enjoyed it. Had the vegetarian sandwich with fried green tomato, very delicious. Mom had the appetizer fried shrimp...it was so good I have been thinking about it all week. Will have to say I liked the biscuits, but they were rather different than most, rather heavy. Did not care for the blueberry pie filling that was served with them, would much prefer jam, but they do have honey and that is a good option since they are named for tupelo honey. Would definitely go back for the shrimp. Another in our group had sweet potato pancake, good but rather heavy. Fried okra pretty good, but not my favorite. Tomato soup ok.

• Visited August 2014
“Throw me another biscuit!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

First time visit and we had a wonderful experience. For starters, it was the exuberant waitress , not to mention the delicious dishes! 3 adults and 2 children. Loved the appetizer, pimento cheese and chips. Just the right amount of heat The catfish was very tender, the BBQ tasty and the sauce excellent. I highly recommend the Brussel sprouts on the vegetable plate. The best I have ever eaten! They must have been steamed in pure butter! Our Waitress could not have been nicer. Exuberant but not overbearing. Very sensitive to our peanut allergy child. Long wait but worth it! The biscuits and blueberry jam. Yummy

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Davidson H
Newark, Ohio
“A great dinning experience in downtown Greenville, SC”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My wife and I ate dinner last night at the Tupelo Honey Café in beautiful downtown Greenville, South Carolina. The atmosphere is very trendy, and they offer a very wide variety of menu items, including vegetarian and gluten-free items. My wife had a awesome salmon steak, and I had a fried chicken BLT sandwich, which was very delicious. We ate at their bar, and our server’s name was Clarissa, and she was very cheery and very accommodating, and the service was excellent. They offer a variety of seating options including booths, tables, high-top tables in the bar, stool seating at the bar, and even al fresco seating on the patio. This was a fantastic dinning experience.

2 Thank RixEz