“Beer lovers must check this out!”
Review of Greenville Brew Tours - CLOSED

Greenville Brew Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Offering a unique alternative for discovering more about Greenville, SC, Greenville Brew Tours highlights Greenville's vibrant craft beer scene with a comprehensive tour of our breweries and social establishments dedicated to craft beer. Meant to be both fun and educational, our local tours consist of a combination of visiting up to 4 breweries to experience their facilities, understand the specific brewing process unique to their beers and enjoy samples in their tasting rooms. The Greenville Brew Tour leader is a craft beer aficionado that will work along side the individual brewers to enhance the experience of the tour, whether before, during or after the actual brewery stops. Attendees are also treated to a final social stop at a leading Greenville craft beer tavern, where patrons can take part in craft beer educational sessions or just enjoy a casual beer before the experience ends. Greenville Brew Tours is a great alternative for those looking to take part in our standing public tours or create a custom private tour for friends, family or corporate functions. Public tour tickets are purchased in advance online while private tours are reserved through working directly with Greenville Brew Tours. Private tours can be built to satisfy virtually any request, such as including beer dinners or offering Beer 101 sessions. If leaving Greenville is of interest, day trips can be scheduled to include visits to Asheville, NC, Athens, GA or Charlotte, NC. Comfortable and safe transportation is provided to all tour attendees in the form of a professional transportation service. A single point for both pick-up and drop-off is provided for convenience. The Greenville Brew Tour experience is casual, fun, educational experience that will satisfy patrons regardless of their beer expertise.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I've always enjoyed beer and have become much more interested in craft beer over the past few years. And now with some great breweries opening in Greenville, adding a brew tour is the perfect way to visit them! I took the tour last Saturday starting at the Growler Station with Big Jon as our guide. There was a friendly group of folks on our bus as we made our way to Quest. A very cool indoor / outdoor tasting room at Quest where we sampled the IPA and Seasonal brewed with Jalapeño and cucumber. Next up was Brewery 85 where we were greeted by the head brewer/owner and a couple samples of our choice. The have the coolest tiny mason jars they pour samples in and we got a souvenir glass as well. An interesting Sweet Tea sour is on the menu, a nod to the southern drink of choice. After an informative and fun tour we made our way to the last stop at Thomas Creek. This brewery has been in operation for over 10 years and is currently expanding to meet demand. We has 4 generous samples here which were very tasty! One had vanilla which was really good and I have always liked their amber. We hopped back on the bus and made our way back the Growler Station for some more beer chat with "the professor" Big Jon. Such a fun way to spend a Saturday checking out the new and established breweries! If you enjoy good beer and supporting local folks, I highly recommend this tour. In the spirit of honest reviews, I am married to the manager of the Growler Station and learned about the tours thru him. And I will go again with a group of friends because I had a great time!!

1  Thank Jill G

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

This past weekend my husband, a friend and I took part in the 3 brewery tour. To be transparent, I do know the owner of this new venture in Greenville, so when he mentioned that they were running this weekend we jumped on The opportunity. What a great way to start a holiday weekend! 14 people hopped on the bus at The Growler Station in the west end and off we went with our host, Big John. John is by far the most knowledgeable guy in Greenville when it comes to craft beer. So having him as a guide was a huge bonus.
First off Quest Brewery...very cool vibe, nice indoor and outdoor seating. Very cool logos/artwork.
Next was Brewery 85...Who knew this was out here sitting on side of interstate 85? Beautiful, hi-tech brewery with a super knowledgable staff. The tour and q&a was a good as the beer. The seasonal sweet tea sour is a must.
Last stop was Thomas Creek. They have been in Greenville the longest. It was really great to learn about their expansion and all the good things they do for the Greenville community.
The tour was also great because we got to meet some fun and diverse people that were with us. At Thomas Creek, one young couple was buying their supplies to start a batch at home. Two other couples had just retired to Greenville and wanted to learn more about the area. We also had a father/son duo that are huge craft beer fans. It was great to learn from our host, John, the brewers and the other tour goers.
The price for the tour was also a great value. Two to four 3oz samples at each stop, nice mason jar from Brewery 85...plus now I can go into a bar or party with some craft beer know how I would have never had.
Greenville Brew Tour is a wonderful way to explore Greenville, learn to appreciate craft beer and meet fun new friends.

1  Thank Cwoodward74
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Our group of 10 went on a private tour this past Saturday and had such a great experience! Big John was such an awesome tour guide, and shared so much history about beer. He made sure that we were entertained and enjoying the experience throughout the day! He definitely helped in making our tour unforgettable.

Every brewery we visited was enjoyable, and I can't wait to share what I learned with my beer drinking buddies! It is the perfect mix of fun and education. I Would definitely recommend Greenville Brew Tours, and will likely return in the near future! Thanks again, Big John.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

My husband and I along with 3 friends took part in the first Greenville Brew Tour. Everyone had an excellent time. The tour is about 3 hours long right now, and that includes two local breweries and the final stop is at Barley's Tap Room. Being the first one, there were a few minor details that need to be ironed out but I feel certain Andy, the owner, will have no problem with that. The bus that takes you from place to place lacked a good AC and at the first stop it was a little hard to hear due to the noise level, but those are easy fixes.

We first stopped at Thomas Creek which has been around Greenville for a while. One of the owners gave us the history along with a tour of the brewery. Of course, samples were provided. Next we traveled to Quest brewery. This is a new one. It was interesting to see the way breweries are headed, this one is set up more for entertaining. The final stop is at Barley's Tap Room. We wondered how a bar fit in to a brew tour. I don't want to ruin the best stop of the tour, but there is a secret tasting room. It was the highlight!

Water and crackers were provided on the bus which was very nice after a few rounds of samples! Also, we teamed up on the bus and played a trivia game between stops which really made the ride more part of the tour instead of just transportation.

Two more breweries are in the works in Greenville so I'm sure the tour will just improve over time. I highly recommend this tour to beer fans!

1  Thank staceyvols