“Beautiful Hotel with new everything!!”

Candlewood Suites Greenville
Ranked #26 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Clemmons, North Carolina
“Beautiful Hotel with new everything!!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My friend and I did a girls weekend and got a two queen bed suite. I am very picky as I usually stay in timeshares, but this hotel was top notch. It was better than most of the Holiday Inns we stay at. I don't know if it was a new hotel or just newly remodeled but it still smelled new. The décor and all is very nice. Kitchen was nice as well. We were delighted with this room. I wish we had this hotel for our next night as well so we could've spent more time being comfortable in such a clean facility!!

Room Tip: We were on the third floor so I walked the steps a lot as the elevator was on the other end anyway.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My wife and I ended up staying at the Greenville, SC Candlewood Suites for 49 strait days because we needed to vacate our home due to an insurance claim. The staff at this hotel is top drawer. All the front desk personnel , even including Michael the General Manager were professional , kind, caring and went out of their way to make our long stay as comfortable as possible. This hotel is new and has a modern feel. Great gym with top of the line TRUE equipment. Free laundry, a great pool that is quiet and peaceful. The location is excellent and the great staff is very accommodating for any needs that come up including scanning and printing. The rooms are excellent with new comfortable beds and full kitchens that are properly stocked and the rooms have a great desk area to set up an office. I strongly recommend this hotel for extended stay travelers. John & Julie

Room Tip: We liked the top floor. Nice and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank John V
Michael H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Greenville, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear John and Julie - Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. I know that being displaced from your home can be a very traumatic time and I am glad that you could relax and had a comfortable stay. It is great to hear that our staff took such great care of you. As a Candlewood Suites Hotel, it is our promise to you that we are your "Home Away from Home" and we take the promise very seriously and I am glad to hear we delivered on that promise. Since you are in town, please don't be a stranger and stop by to say hello when you can. We get to know our extended stay guests and you both have become part of our Candlewood Family. Thank you again for choosing our hotel.
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Our baseball team stayed here April/2014. Absolutely loved the property. I am extreme when it comes to hotels. I have a checklist that review before considering any hotel even contacting neighboring properties sometimes. The rooms are spacious, clean, equipped with all of your needs and possibly some of yoyr wants. It's a new property, about 7 mos old and the staff was wonderful. If you're in this area stay and try it out, you won't be disappointed....Atlanta Baseball

• Stayed April 2014
Michael H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Greenville, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your guest experience during your stay at our hotel. I appreciate the feedback and I am glad your team felt at home and comfortable. Although our hotel is designed with the extended stay guest in mind having fully equipped kitchens in every room, it also works well with groups that enjoy spending time together in a large spacious suite. I hope we are at the top of your list upon your next visit to Greenville.
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I am an IHG Gold Elite Priority Club member so I've stayed at my share of Candlewood suites. I have NEVER had such an awful experience. I was given room 109 (hint, never, ever accept this room). It's directly behind the elevator and across the hall from the fitness center/guest laundry. The hotel has the heavy fire doors that slam shut. The hotel was full of youth sports teams who ran up and down the halls w/ no supervision until 11pm, the door to the gym/laundry slammed about every 5 minutes until 11pm also. I called and requested to be moved, the hotel was full so that was not possible. The front desk manager did promise to walk the halls, but that didn't happen. First of all, a middle aged woman obviously not with the teams should be alerted that there's some kind of tournament and the hotel is full of kids. Secondly, a second hotel employee should be on duty those nights to monitor the noise situation (really this should be the parents and coaches too but we all know that doesn't happen).

But the most disappointing thing about this hotel is that the walls and ceiling are paper thin. I heard every footstep from both the room above and beside me as well as every time the drawers on the nightstand and/or chest of drawers was opened and closed.

Too bad, this hotel is nice and new and there are several restaurants and a Target within just a few hundred yards. That's a good thing because Woodruff Rd in front of the hotel is bumper to bumper stop and go traffic. You do have a stoplight to get in and out of the hotel's road which is a must. Also, and this is a minor thing, but most Candlewood suites recognize gold Elite members and give them a welcome bag w/ a bottle of water and a bag of microwave popcorn. Neither was done here. I will not return. I know now why this hotel is $20 cheaper than other IG properties in Greenville.

Room Tip: DO NOT under any circumstances stay in room 109. It is the WORST room in the entire hotel! BTW, the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank tasckal
I apologize for the noise that you experienced during your last stay at our hotel. Unfortunately you booked our very last room and we were in a sold out situation and we were unable to move you. The hotel was built to IHG specs as all Candlewood hotels have to be, so I will definitely forward your comments on to the IHG design department. Our front desk team has been trained not to let a guest leave our hotel without being happy, and so when we awarded extra IHG Rewards points to you for your inconvenience, our front desk reported back to me that you were happy with the resolution. I apologize that we weren't able to deliver a quiet relaxing experience to you.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our recent stay at this new hotel while taking in a Clemson game. As a family traveling with children I loved the huge well-stocked kitchen and the spaciousness of the rooms. My husband and I could enjoy a glass wine (in provided wine glasses!)sitting at the bar in the kitchen while the kids watched a freeborrowed movie from the hotels DVD collection.

Another bonus was the availability of all the well placed outlets for our electronics--it was nice to have a 'docking' station that was out of the way.

The beds were wonderful and the bathroom was a generous size with no problem accommodating our family of four.

The best part was the staff, they were warm and welcoming and made us feel right at home.

The hotel is brand new and the rooms are sparkling clean and nicely furnished.

We will be sure to stay again on our next trip to Clemson--and hopefully the weather will be warm enough to enjoy the pool area!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Greenville, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Dear Leigh - Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I appreciate your kind remarks, especially about our team. Anyone can build a nice building, but our associates make the guest experience and I am glad we delivered the Candlewood Experience of being your home away from home to you. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our hotel, especially when the weather is warmer and you can use our beautiful pool area and grill. I too am a big Clemson fan - GO TIGERS!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We just returned from a two night stay at this hotel. We chose the location based on prior trip advisor reviews. Compared to other hotels in the area, the cost was very reasonable. It is a new hotel that is extremely clean. I cannot say enough about the employees. With the exception of possibly Disney, I've never stayed at a hotel with such kind employees, regardless of their position within the hotel. They have a great selection of movies to rent, games to play, and crock pots to cook with. Target is right next door, Cabela's is across the street, and Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, and a ton of other establishments are within a mile. We didn't feel like we had to run around town spending more money for entertainment in the evenings with the movies and games on sight. We will be back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tapo P
Thank you for your very complimentary review of our hotel and team. Your comment comparing our associates to Disney is the goal of every GM. We feel that our guests are the reason we are here, and every associate feels the same. It is definitely our goad at the Candlewood Suites Greenville and throughout the IHG brand to deliver our promise to be your home away from home. Our team truly takes that to heart and I am glad we were able to deliver that experience to you on every level of service. I look forward to welcoming you back to Greenville on your next visit to Greenville. Thank you for choosing our hotel!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Great hotel and great staff! Only thing I have to complain about was when I was checking out there were about 5 little kids running around and screaming in the lobby, I got the hint that it was one of the employee's kids, but I not sure. Some were in the "cupboard" getting coffee and some were laying on the couch with the pillows on the ground. It wasn't a great ending to our perfect stay. But great new hotel though!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Michael H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Greenville, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Mary - Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your comments about our team. I think they are the best as well! I also appreciate your comments about the children in the lobby. I will definitely review the security cameras and find out who they were. I will use your comments as a teaching moment for our team and let them know that no matter who is in the lobby, appropriate behavior is expected and it is our responsibility to deliver that to our guests. Again, I appreciate your feedback and you caring enough about our operation to let me know. I look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Greenville!