“Great Deviled Eggs!”
Review of Soby's

Soby's
Reserve with OpenTable
Soby's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 907 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: US$20 - US$55
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East Court St.
Description: Soby's New South Cuisine is a blend of contemporary cuisine infused with traditional southern ingredients. The restaurant opened in 1997 and is housed in the warm environment of a renovated, century-old building and has a mezzanine level that can accommodate large parties ordering a la carte. Starting with fresh, seasonal ingredients, our chefs transform Southern favorites into something comfortable and fresh. The wine list is a consistent winner of Wine Spectator and Wine Enthusiast awards. Signature dishes include Barbecue Shrimp and Grits, Fried Green Tomatoes with Jalapeno Pimento Cheese, and Crab Cakes Remoulade.
SIMPSONVILLE
“Great Deviled Eggs!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I absolutely loved the deviled eggs! They had a nice bit of spice to them that I found superb. Salad was really good but I expected more from the Heritage Chicken. It wasn't bad at all, but I guess I expected to be wowed. I'd definitely go back, but will order a different entree.

Visited July 2014

New York City, New York
“Ok, But Overrated”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I ate a Soby's with a few business colleagues who are from Greenville which they had recommended, and I would say I had a good meal, but not a great one. I guess the menu is really not what I would normally go for so take that into account when reading this review. The place was nice, it had lots of outdoor seating and is in a prime location. Service was good but not outstanding. I have nothing negative to say about this place other than the menu was not of my liking. I would return to Sobys, but probably only for drinks.

• Visited May 2014
Westminster, South Carolina
“Still a top-rated winner”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We've been goint to Soby's for years and have never been disappointed. The menu is modified seasonally, although they keep their top winners all year long. The location in downtown Greenville is excellent, being near the Peace Center and Falls Park as well as accessible to everywhere downtown from the ball park to North Main (NOMA). Their wait staff is always very knowledgable and helpful. By all means, give it a shot when in downtown Greenville.

Visited June 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
“Ugh. That is all. ”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I can't begin to describe how horrible my last visit to Soby's was. A server for the table next to us was in too much of a hurry to clear the table so she could seat another herd, and when she turned with a stack of plates, she slung a couple off the top. They landed at my and my husband's feet, splashing us with mustard and ketchup. The worst part was that she didn't even slow down in her rush to finish, she just kept heading for the kitchen! She HAD to have known what happened. You don't drop a couple of plates without being aware of it.

I managed to flag down someone with a damp towel so that we could attempt to wipe the food off ourselves, but the damage was done to the silk pants and shirt, unfortunately.

The offending server eventually came by the table and acted as though we were making a big deal out of nothing. She said, in her New York accent, "Accidents happen, Ma'am." Which, if you know northerners, means, "Accidents happen, B$#!&." She never apologized. Nobody offered a discount on our horrendously overpriced meal, a bottle of wine, a dessert, dry cleaning - nothing.

Although my review says I visited in 2013, that was the earliest date I could choose. This was several years ago, and we have never returned to a Table 301 restaurant. Frankly, I have no idea how this one stays in business. The server's attitude was unforgivable, and the fact that a manager was not notified, or maybe didn't care enough to apologize to us, tells me that this place is all about the bottom line.

I suppose they cater to their regulars, or that there are enough newcomers in town often enough to keep them busy, but their servers need lessons in customer service, for sure. It boggles my mind that they remain so popular with this kind of service.

Spring Hill, Tennessee
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The food, ambiance, and service were all excellent! I really enjoyed my meal and the atmosphere at this restaurant. I will definitely eat here again!

Visited November 2013