“Food & service are ok. Management is disinterested. ”

Trio a Brick Oven Cafe
Ranked #31 of 973 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Deli, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: In the heart of historic downtown Greenville, Trio welcomes you with its unique atmosphere of handcrafted gas lanterns lining rustic brick walls. An eclectic fare of gourmet wood-fired pizzas are a specialty, with sauces made fresh daily and in such intriguing combinations as roast chicken with basil pesto. A wide variety of homemade pasta dishes like sautéed crawfish and rotini are another specialty of the house. Rotisserie chicken as well as a variety of wraps and sandwiches round out the menu. An extensive wine list offers over 25 wines by the glass. Enjoy your meal outdoors, weather permitting.
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

I was there with 2 grandchildren. Food was ok, but not stellar. Parmesan bread is delicious. Kids' menu item stated "side of broccoli", but it came with only 2 florets. We asked for more, which they brought. Then $3 showed up on the bill. I complained. Charge was removed. Never saw hide nor hair of management. No apology. I got the feeling no one cared.

Kip W, Owner at Trio a Brick Oven Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

I am very sorry that you had the charge on the bill. You are absolutely correct that the situation was not handled properly. Thank you for pointing this out as it helps me to improve our business practices. I have already spoken to the manager that was on duty as well as the server. Again, I apologize very much and am confident that we will not make that mistake again.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

My fiancé and I stopped here during our trip to Greenville and sat at one of their outside tables. The view was great and the food was even better :) the service was wonderful as well. I forget the name of what I got was, but it was under the pasta section and it had goat cheese in the name, it was SO good. We will definitely be back again!

Kip W, Owner at Trio a Brick Oven Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Hi Danielle,
Thank you for your nice review! Always great to hear good food, service and atmosphere! I believe that you had the Penne Goat. I love it and often ask guests to read the description and order if sounds good (I love it!). We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Greenville.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

My girlfriend, my mom, and I decided to go out to dinner in downtown Greenville and stumbled upon Trio. It was a Friday night at 6 but there was no wait at all. we walked in and were immediately seated. The waiter was great, he didn't have to write down a single order and constantly checked on us. One thing that is a must have is the garlic bread. It was delicious! The only minor downside was it was a little loud, but it wasn't an issue at all. the food was great and the prices weren't bad for the quality of food it was.

Thanks for taking the time to give us a review, very glad that you "stumbled upon us"! I am glad that you all enjoyed and felt like it was a good value. Again, thank you very much!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Great service, great food, great time! Bread was excellent, along with the pasta that I enjoyed. There are other items on the menu.

Hi Pam, I absolutely love your first sentence! That means we are doing what we are supposed to be doing! Take care and I hope that we will see you again sometime soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Awesome lunch, food is so good, service is outstanding. Great place for business lunch. The portobello red pepper wrap is so juicy and good. Service is attentive but not intrusive. There is something for everyone on the menu. Gotta try the desserts!

Hi James, that is an awesome review and I am thankful to read it! We marinate the portobellos over night, sometimes so juicy that it takes a knife and fork to eat! I am with you on the desserts. We are blessed to have Monica as our artisan baker. She comes in each morning at 5am to create our homemade desserts! Thanks again and take care.