“All I wanted was a salad and I got one”
Review of Sobys On The Side

Sobys On The Side
Ranked #104 of 948 Restaurants in Greenville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The salad was fresh and plentiful, but I wished I had gone in before calling in my order. It was easy to have ordering regret as they had tasty looking items in their deli case. Unfortunately the parking downtown for lunch was awful and the whole ordeal took a lot longer than it should have.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

My family stopped in for breakfast and it hit the spot. Great location downtown. Efficient , and a variety of choices. Great food!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

It was an okay dinner, This is not the type of restaurant where you couldn't get it anywhere else. It just was an average place to go out to eat.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Great location on Main Street near Mariott and Poinsett Hotels. This is one of the top 3 restaurants we have visited in Greenville and doubt if we have missed but a few after living there for 10 + years. Great food and service. Upstairs seating can get a little loud or smokey at times.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I gave Soby's a very good rating based on the Chef's ability to turn average food into an incredible event. My husband and I shared two appetizers, the tuna and the calamari. Both were good, but not special. The sauce with the calamari was excellent, but the rings were cut oversized, which made them chewy. The tentacles were better. Tuna was very good, but again, sliced a bit thick which would be more consistent with an "Applebys". I had the duck entrée, and although it tasted amazing, most of it was raw inside. Not rare, raw. It was a shame, because it would have been one of the top duck dishes I had ever had. The brussel sprouts were excellent, but again, way undercooked, not even close to al dente. My husband had the pork tenderloin and he said it was very good, cooked perfectly. Dessert was delicious. We had the special cheesecake and the banana cream pie. Both were top drawer. Service was very good and the atmosphere was wonderful. Putting certain things aside, it is definitely one of the top restaurants in Greenville. We will return to eat there again.