“Excellent food”

Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game
Reserve with OpenTable
Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 906 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Saskatoon is a steakhouse like no other in Greenville. Exploring the waters and the fields of the beautiful Northwest, Saskatoon offers you a dining experience rich in aromas, flavors, textures and tastes.From the northwestern corners of the country, we bring you fresh, cold-water salmon, clear river rainbow trout, wild game like elk, pheasant, and bear, plus interesting tastes like emu, portabella mushrooms, and other outdoor treats.Our Saskatoon dining lodge has re-created the look and feel of a Northwest lodge, filled with beautiful pine wood ceiling beams, wall coverings, and furnishings. Our dining lodge has been known to give our customers a "warm, friendly escape from the hectic city life." And each of our wild game trophies on the wall tells a story of remote mountain streams, fields and woods.The Lodge is available for private parties for lunch and Saskatoon features a full service bar. Keep Saskatoon's in mind for your next special event where you need a banquet room for a rehearsal dinner, bachelor party, birthday, or graduation. We also have gift certificates available!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I don't understand some of the reviews listed here, as a foodie I thought the place was great! I ate 7 different types of well prepared game and fowl. I was in town on business and this restaurant was recommended to me by the front desk of the hotel. I sat at the bar as I was alone, but everything they brought out was delicious. I would recommend this place to anyone that enjoys exotic meats! All the staff were very friendly and professional and I will definitely go back when I have a chance!!

Visited August 2013
Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Thanks for sharing, Taylor. Seeing "excellent food" as the subject of your review just made my day. I'm so glad you enjoyed all we had to offer. We can't wait to have you back!

All the best,

Travelers Rest, South Carolina, United States
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My husband and I went here probably 5 or 6 years ago and was so disappointed when we went again earlier this year for Valentines Day. We made a reservation and at least 4 or 5 tables were seated prior to us after we had checked in with the hostess. We were seated right in the middle of the room slammed in with 10 other couples. NOT ROMANTIC at all. More than the lack of ambiance was the food quality. The meat portion was very tasty and cooked well but the bread tasted like it was taken out of a grocery store and put in a basket. When we came a few years back the bread was so much better. As were the vegetables. They were awful on Valentines Day, I didn't even eat them. Salad had a lot of brown edges with dried old carrots pieces. So so so disappointed after a first great experience. Sorry but we will not be back .Felt very ripped off esp on Valentine's Day.

• Visited February 2013
Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
We're very sorry to hear that you were so underwhelmed by your meal, Janene. We hate to think that we disappointed a couple that was looking forward to a lovely and romantic meal. Above all, our customers' happiness comes first, so if you're disappointed, then I am too.

We tried to accommodate all of our guests who wanted to dine with us on Valentine's Day, so I apologize if you felt a bit cramped. While it's wonderful you loved your entrees, it's a shame the rest wasn't enjoyable. We've been making the same bread for years, so I'm surprised to hear it tasted a bit off. I'll be sure to look into this for you.

I'm sorry you weren't a fan of our vegetables. All of our greens are very fresh, so this is concerning. Did you let your server know about this? We would have been happy to bring you something more to your liking.

Once again, I appreciate you sharing this feedback. I do hope you and your husband will give us another chance. I'm confident we can knock it out of the park for you next time!

Much apprecaited,
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Different , Friendly , Tasty”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

While driving into Greenville , headed to a convention , my boss ask "where's the best steak in Greenville?"" I had already been to two the highly rated places and Saskatoon was a mile from the hotel so we agreed to give it a shot .

Started at the bar with a couple drinks( everything goes better with scotch ) while we waited for a table to come open . We had the alligator tail and bacon wrapped scallops for apps and ordered the Red Tail Special ( Venison from Australia) and the Pork tenderloin . Both were great . The Redtail was so rich and flavorful .

The service was friendly and congenial . The food was good . Saskatoon has created niche with the hunting lodge atmosphere and the choice of entrees you can't get at most restaurants . The bill was 140-150 for two which is about what we expected . I gave it four of five We will come again and will suggest it to friends ,

• Visited July 2013
Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
You summed us up perfectly: "different, friendly, tasty"! Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We always want our guests to have a memorable experience with us, so the fact that you enjoyed everything you tasted is wonderful to hear. Great call ordering our Redtail—one bite and you're hooked! Next time you're in our neck of the woods, we'd love to feed you.

Cheers,
Greenville, SC
“Not bad, just not great”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This was probably my fourth time dining at Saskatoon over the years and this most recent trip does not make me want to return. The one thing that this restaurant has had going for it is their niche in serving wild game. However, compared to even a few years ago, Greenville's restaurant scene has come a long way and the overall experience here just doesn't measure up now. Now, there are many restaurants that serve game such as duck, quail venison and rabbi, just to name a few. There are simply better choices of restaurants, in my opinion, at this price point.

The ambiance is lacking a little. The waiting area and bar are tiny and cramped, the interior is dated and the dining area where we were seated was so loud we had a hard time communicating.

The service was just okay. It was very, very difficult to understand our server's thick foreign accent and probably more so because of the loud room. He brought the wrong wine, got our checks mixed up and there were times where we felt that there was a bit of an attitude on his part. One example was when my wife asked about the side that came with the special, he was very condescending in saying that he had already asked if we'd dined there before (i.e. we should have known the policy that ALL entree's have 3-4 options) and the choices were listed on the bottom left of the menu.

As far as the food, again I would rate it average to above average. For example, the caesar salad- average; the special (potato crusted grouper)- above average. Ostrich- above average, shrimp- a little below average. You could certainly do worse than Saskatoon's but there is a good bit of room for improvement.

• Visited July 2013
Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this review, 28 July 2013
Thank you for your honesty. While it's never fun to read lukewarm reviews, we always welcome feedback — it lets us know what we're doing right and also what we can do better. While it's wonderful you enjoy our unique wild game, it's a shame you were underwhelmed during your most recent visit with us.

I'm sorry you thought our ambiance was lacking. From the moment you walk in to the moment you leave, we want your meal to be truly unique. That's why we've created this cozy lodge atmosphere — so it feels like a friendly escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. I'll definitely take note of your comment about the noise level. We wouldn't want there to be any trouble with communication!

I want to apologize if your server came across as unprofessional in any way. Above all, we want our guests to feel completely taken care of, so this raises a red flag. I can promise you, he would never intentionally want to come across as anything but friendly!

I do hope you will give us another shot. We've been serving delicious wild game for 18 years and are constantly perfecting our service and recipes. You came to us for a truly memorable meal, and that's exactly what we'll give you!

Cheers,
Easley, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,025 helpful votes
“Mixed bag...closer to good but average is too harsh.”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Once again the 5 rating choices offered by TA tie my hands somewhat. Overall the enitre dining experience was much closer to good. My entree barely rose to the level of average but it appears that the rest of our party enjoyed their meals......so a very good rating, overall is the verdict. Do be warned that this is not an inexpensive place.

Our party consisted of 12 people. Two families with 3 kids and grandparents celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. Several of the adults had salmon. One adult had the buffalo flank steak. I do believe that the other adult had scallops. Five of the kids had kid's meals. Kids ordered burgers, chicken strips and a chicken sandwich that all came with fries. The bad about the kid's meals were that they were pricey @ $7.95. The good was that the burgers were of decent size and were of good quality. Same goes for the chicken sandwich and strips....all of the kids cleaned their plates. The poor entree that I referenced was my 12 ounce ribeye steak that was as poor of a steak that I have had in a restaurant that I can every remember. It was loaded with gristle and fat. Chewy does not begin to describe it. Several in our party asked how I ordered it because it was so red. I ordered it medium well....it was not even close. I refuse to make a fuss because of the nature of our visit.....grandparents celebration. I just navigated through the steak the best I could eating what was edible.

The entrees come with choice of soup or salad, some mixed vegetables and a choice of potato. Very good warm bread w/3 types of spreads -- cinnamon, blueberry and butter were plentiful.

We found the salads, soup, and potato offerings to be very good. The service was very professional and efficient from our primary server.

The push to get us to try the sampler appetizer was almost funny. Our family just does not order appetizers. You get way too much food when dining out and appetizers take away from the entree experience for us. But it did not keep the other fellow -- maybe the owner from trying multiple times to get us to order the appetizer. Even tried once again after we had finished our salads.

There was also a big push for us to order dessert. We politely declined to our primary server informing him that we had a special cake that we were going to enjoy later with the anniversary couple.That did not stop the other gentleman from attempting to get us to order dessert once again. It was almost like having dinner and a show.

We understand the attraction to this place is the wild game offerings. We picked it because it was small and worked for our mini-celebration meal for the anniversary couple. The father-in-law/grandfather likes adventure eating so that was also a factor in choosing this place.

We as a family had dined here 3 years ago minus our kids on our anniversary. Again, to me it is on the pricey side. We will more than likely not be coming back anytime soon but that should not deter others from giving it a try.

1 Thank abcjjl
Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Thank you for this honest review. We always want our guests to have a memorable and enjoyable experience with us, so although there seemed to be a few missteps, we're glad your family had a wonderful celebration.

That being said, I would like to address a few of your concerns. I apologize if our staff seemed pushy when it came to ordering our appetizer sampler and dessert. Those are the two things that our restaurant is known for, so that's probably why there was such a big push. However, if you felt uncomfortable, then we went about it all wrong! We'd never want our customers to feel uneasy. I'll speak with my staff about this.

Just so you know, we pride ourselves on serving the highest quality and most flavorful wild game possible. I'm sorry if you think our prices are a bit high, but we feel that the superior quality of our dishes— combined with the time and effort we put into each dish— accurately reflects our prices. Please let me know if you would like to discuss this some more!

I want to apologize for your steak not being prepared the way you asked for it. In the future, if there is a problem with your meal, please let us know in the restaurant. That way, we can work to fix our mistake and make sure that everybody is happy.

I do hope you will come back and visit us soon. You came to us for a delicious meal and that's exactly what you'll get!