“Used to be good” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game

Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game
Reserve with OpenTable
Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 900 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Saskatoon is a steakhouse like no other in Greenville. Exploring the waters and the fields of the beautiful Northwest, Saskatoon offers you a dining experience rich in aromas, flavors, textures and tastes.From the northwestern corners of the country, we bring you fresh, cold-water salmon, clear river rainbow trout, wild game like elk, pheasant, and bear, plus interesting tastes like emu, portabella mushrooms, and other outdoor treats.Our Saskatoon dining lodge has re-created the look and feel of a Northwest lodge, filled with beautiful pine wood ceiling beams, wall coverings, and furnishings. Our dining lodge has been known to give our customers a "warm, friendly escape from the hectic city life." And each of our wild game trophies on the wall tells a story of remote mountain streams, fields and woods.The Lodge is available for private parties for lunch and Saskatoon features a full service bar. Keep Saskatoon's in mind for your next special event where you need a banquet room for a rehearsal dinner, bachelor party, birthday, or graduation. We also have gift certificates available!
Greenville, South Carolina
“Used to be good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Ate dinner here tonight and was disappointed with the food and service. This place used to win Best of Greenville awards. Best advice is to spend your money elsewhere. The food is exotic, but is mediocre at best. The service was poor. I was told our appetizer was coming for 15 minutes, when it got there it was Luke warm. The two sauces that came with the appetizers had skin in top they'd been sitting around so long.

Hate to see this place languish, but the competition down town is too much for them. For the same amount and 5 more miles of driving, you can do MUCH better.

Visited September 2013
Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Thanks for your feedback, Tim. Above all, we want our diners to have the best experience possible—from the moment they walk in to the moment they leave—so if you're disappointed, then so am I. Your appetizer definitely shouldn't have been lukewarm. I can promise you we make everything fresh, so it hadn't been sitting out long. Did you let your server know it wasn't warm enough? We would have been happy to fix that for you. If you have any more feedback for us, I'm all ears!

I hope you'll give us another chance to knock it out of the park for you moving forward.

Much appreciated,

Simpsonville, South Carolina
“It was okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

We didn't find anything wrong with the food, we thought it your average steak restaurant with a hefty price. The service was very good. The food was very good. Don't know that we would go back. We do like other places better.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. It's always nice to hear back from our customers because, good or bad, learning from your experience helps us get better.

I'm happy to hear that you found our food and service to be "very good." This is what we're going for! Having said that, I'm a bit confused as to why you might not be back to see us—it sounds like you had a great time.

Could you reach out to me with further feedback? Please don't hesitate to shoot me an email at theedmundwoo@gmail.com. We'd love to learn what we can do better to get you back in the door! Take care.

Hope to hear from you soon,

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Gourmet Game!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

While traveling back to Baltimore from FL, we stopped at the Saskatoon Restaurant to meet friends from NC. We were glad we did! The food was superb--interesting wild game choices cooked to order and enhanced with excellent reduction sauces. We started with the appetizer for 2-4 containing buffalo flank steak, crab dip, antelope, and elk. All were great! For our entrees we chose venison chops, elk tenderloin, ostrich, and the mixed grill of lamb, buffalo and venison. Also on the menu were alligator and kangaroo for those more adventurous than we were. All dinners come with warm bread and choice of Caesar or house salad as well as a choice of potatoes and vegetables. The meats were cooked just like we asked, rare for some and medium rare for others, and they were succulent and very tender. We wish we lived closer so we could patronize it regularly, but 10 hours is a long drive to eat dinner! Nevertheless, we would recommend it to all who live near Greenville or who are driving past it. It's worth going out of your way a bit to eat there--gourmet game that you won't find anywhere else. :)

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your kind review here on TripAdvisor. I couldn't be happier to hear how much you and your friends enjoyed dining with us. Seeing "great" describe all we have to offer truly makes my day! Though you don't live in the area, we hope you'll be back next time you're around. Take care.

All the best,

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

I don't understand some of the reviews listed here, as a foodie I thought the place was great! I ate 7 different types of well prepared game and fowl. I was in town on business and this restaurant was recommended to me by the front desk of the hotel. I sat at the bar as I was alone, but everything they brought out was delicious. I would recommend this place to anyone that enjoys exotic meats! All the staff were very friendly and professional and I will definitely go back when I have a chance!!

Visited August 2013
Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Thanks for sharing, Taylor. Seeing "excellent food" as the subject of your review just made my day. I'm so glad you enjoyed all we had to offer. We can't wait to have you back!

All the best,

Travelers Rest, South Carolina, United States
“Disappointing!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

My husband and I went here probably 5 or 6 years ago and was so disappointed when we went again earlier this year for Valentines Day. We made a reservation and at least 4 or 5 tables were seated prior to us after we had checked in with the hostess. We were seated right in the middle of the room slammed in with 10 other couples. NOT ROMANTIC at all. More than the lack of ambiance was the food quality. The meat portion was very tasty and cooked well but the bread tasted like it was taken out of a grocery store and put in a basket. When we came a few years back the bread was so much better. As were the vegetables. They were awful on Valentines Day, I didn't even eat them. Salad had a lot of brown edges with dried old carrots pieces. So so so disappointed after a first great experience. Sorry but we will not be back .Felt very ripped off esp on Valentine's Day.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
We're very sorry to hear that you were so underwhelmed by your meal, Janene. We hate to think that we disappointed a couple that was looking forward to a lovely and romantic meal. Above all, our customers' happiness comes first, so if you're disappointed, then I am too.

We tried to accommodate all of our guests who wanted to dine with us on Valentine's Day, so I apologize if you felt a bit cramped. While it's wonderful you loved your entrees, it's a shame the rest wasn't enjoyable. We've been making the same bread for years, so I'm surprised to hear it tasted a bit off. I'll be sure to look into this for you.

I'm sorry you weren't a fan of our vegetables. All of our greens are very fresh, so this is concerning. Did you let your server know about this? We would have been happy to bring you something more to your liking.

Once again, I appreciate you sharing this feedback. I do hope you and your husband will give us another chance. I'm confident we can knock it out of the park for you next time!

Much apprecaited,