“Caution”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Marietta, Georgia
“Caution”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This was our first family visit after a recommendation from a local hotel front desk. The first warning was that it was a Friday night and the parking lot was less than 1/2 full. When we were ordering appetizers and asking about the food, the server politely informed us that she was pretty new, and was able to only offer a limited opinion about the menu. Our appetizer came out after 35 minutes, and salads, which were swimming in dressing, were out after 50 minutes. 75 minutes after we sat down, dinner was finally out. Well, since we were there so long, we had to use the bathroom. Hang on!! Bathroom posters are NOT family friendly. Very sexually suggestive as well as the pinball game that you have to walk by to get to the restroom. My son (12) and daughter (15) had to "shut their eyes" - and were uncomfortable with the views. Had I seen this right away, this dad would have gone elsewhere.

Back to dinner - the server was slightly ruffled due to all the mishaps, (there were others) so as I was paying my bill, I spoke to the manager so that she could help not only correct my bill, but to make her aware of the service issues. The food was pretty good, but the overall experience was a disappointment this time.

• Visited September 2013

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“They treated our large party so well, I went back the next night!”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We had a party of 41 people at two large tables. The service was excellent and without a mistake! The bill was less than $1000 before tip. I was so impressed that I went back the next night with a friend. I had the ribeye steak and it was delicious.

I really like the decor of the place. It is a mix of animal trophies from all over the world and antique signage. The Owner, John Paul, killed every animal in the place himself! This includes the HUGE bear right inside the front door. He's hunted on every continent except for Antartica...He was at the bar the second night I was there and we talked for a while.

My friend ordered the baseball steak, and it was undercooked for him. So they quickly took it back and got it right. The service was very good both nights. The prices are not bad considering the food they serve. I would definitely go back again.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank 1967Yankeesfan
Fountain Inn, South Carolina
“Incredible ribs!”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We have been coming here on and off for 8 or so years. Went with friends last night. We eat early (5:30ish) and there were only a couple other tables there. Usually when we would go, there would be a packed house. Our server was prompt and efficient. We all had the ribs, some had the fresh cut fries which were as yummy as always - probably near my favorites as fries go. One had a baked potato which was cooked well. All of us thought the ribs continued to be cooked to perfection and delicious. Our only criticism would be the salad. It would always come ice cold and this time it was not. There used to be lots of shoe string potatoes on it and there weren't many. The salad was fresh, just wanted it to be the cold that it normally was. Last comment would be the croissants with honey - they were perfect, warm fresh and heavenly. We also appreciate the hot steamy napkins to clean up after the rib feast! It was a very good experience overall and we will continue to go there.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Maggie B
Pickens, South Carolina
“Over Priced and slow, slow service”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

This restaurant was once a hotspot but now suffers from poor service, slow servers and a disinterested owner. Very over-priced for what you get. Meat was over-cooked, server disappeared and when we were ready to go, we had to hunt for server to give us bill. After 20 minutes, I tried to pay person a front desk who dismissed me with the comment that they would not take it and to pay server. When I said we could not find him, we weresent back to our table to wait. My opinion, a restaurant on the decline.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank WeGetsAround
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“HORRIBLE!!! Do not go!!!”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Do NOT go to this restaurant! We waited 30 minutes just for our salads and had to ask for them! After waiting 1 hour and 30 minutes and still not having our food we asked about our food, We were told our food was coming right out! Nope! 15 minutes later we then Nicely asked for our check for the salads and drinks from the owner! The owner then cussed at us telling us to go to another GD restaurant! What customer service! I won't set foot in their again! I suggest you don't either!!!

1 Thank Wilsmar5