“Shakespeare in the Park Rocks!”
Review of Warehouse Theatre

Warehouse Theatre
Ranked #38 of 95 things to do in Greenville
More attraction details
Owner description: The Warehouse Theatre is a professional theatre dedicated to theatre as a serious art form; to high-quality, diverse and challenging productions; to the training of theatre professionals; to community outreach; and to student education.HISTORY: Established in 1973, The Warehouse Theatre is in its 38th continuous season of Intense, Intimate and Unexpected productions of live theatre. A cornerstone of Greenville's Historic West End District, this award winning converted textile warehouse, is the home of fifteen (sometimes more) productions a year, including our Mainstage and Extras Series, The Upstate Shakespeare Festival at Falls Park, Resident Theatre Companies, Actors in Education program, Improv and MORE!At The Warehouse you can see the sort of theatre you can't see anywhere else in South Carolina's Upstate region...from re-envisioned classics and intense plays everyone knows to some of the most cutting edge new works you can buy tickets to. You'll find the finest mix of emerging talents, local professionals and artists from around the country...all are at the top of their game, and we want you to see their work.
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stumbled on to opening night of the Upstate Shakespeare Festival and rearranged my schedule to stay for the performance. It was well worth the price of admission (free!). The first show of the summer was "Two Gentlemen of Verona". It was clear that the actors and audience had fun with this comedy. I'd recommend it to fellow travelers and residents alike. The show was family friendly as well. Bring a lawn chair or blanket.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I am a big fan of theatre comedy and drama, and have enjoyed productions Off Broadway in NY and several other cities. The Warehouse Theatre is a gem in Greenville. Professional level productions in a very intimate setting - you are never more than 6 rows from the stage. I am not a season ticket holder because I am very picky about what I see. Last visit was for "August: Osage County." Of course this Pulitzer Prize winning play is wonderful, but the cast was too. Very convincing, very powerful. Set and lighting were top notch. Had my wife and I talking about it into the next day.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Paul Savas, Executive & Artistic Director has done a great job upgrading productions over a few short years. Good mix of standard and cutting edge theater. We like the reserve seating option.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

My wife and I have gone to many of the shows at the Warehouse Theatre and enjoyed them all to different degrees. Let's remember their shows are performed by amateur actors and some are going to be better than others. What's important is we support our local community and attend these shows. Will the reviews be mixed, probably, so what. Enjoy an evening out at the theatre and eat downtown before the show.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

I rated this theater as average because one of the performance we saw at Christmas time. Profanity doesn't offend me, but I thought the use of it was "over-the-top"...i.e., more than was necessary. The other performance was very demeaning to Vietnamese people and wasn't really funny. In fact, neither of them were, although I tried to find the humor in them. I was glad we had gotten one ticket free and only paid for one. Parking is very difficult; we had to walk a long way.

2  Thank Jan C