We arrived at the Hampton in downtown Greenville and were greeted by Aaron at the front desk. He was very welcoming and and made it clear that the staff would do anything to make our stay a pleasant one. We went up to our room and were greeted by a spacious suite that was VERY clean, something I definitely appreciate. The bed was super comfortable and I loved that the drapes kept the room very dark in the morning. The only thing to be aware of is that there is construction on Camperdown Way so if that bothers you, ask for a room away from that street. It didn't bother us at all but we're used to city noise. A gift bag full of snacks and water was left in our room, as well as a personal note by Miguel Chavez, Guest Service Rep. Very nice touch. I emailed Matt Lew, the Assistant GM, and thanked him for such a nice room. I promptly received a positive reply back.
I have to comment again on Housekeeping. The room and the hotel in general was spotless. Complimentary breakfast in the morning was a plus and the staff in the breakfast area was always very pleasant.
Downtown Greenville is tiny (at least compared to what we're used to) and we were able to walk everywhere. The hotel is located directly on the Reedy River/Falls Park, which is a really great place to hang out and walk around. I highly recommend dinner at Nose Dive. Yes, horrible name for a restaurant but really good food and service. Also loved Lemongrass. Great location, service, and ambiance. If you're in Greenville on Sunday, make sure you check to see what's open as a lot of things are closed.
I did think the room rates were a little high, but I can't complain because we were upgraded to a suite! I definitely recommend this hotel for cleanliness, great staff, and excellent location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our boutique hotel is located in the heart of downtown's historic Westend District. An unparalleled variety of guestrooms ranging from studio balcony suites overlooking Falls Park to signature circular suites essential for those special occasions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown Hotel Greenville
- Hampton Inn And Suites Greenville - Downtown
- Hampton Inn Greenville
- Greenville Hampton Inn