“Great place to stay with great staff.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace
Ranked #4 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great place to stay with great staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

I stayed at the Hampton Inn this past weekend and must say that it was an excellent choice! Everything was perfect from the time I walked in the door and was greeted by the friendly staff, to the clean room. The staff made sure that you had everything that you needed, which made for a very pleasant stay. Everyone that I encountered on the staff was very friendly, outgoing, and knowledgable of the area. It is very centrally located, where you can walk to anything downtown. The view was very pretty, as well, of the downtown area and the river.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
hamptongsm, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, 28 December 2012
MkMiller922,

Thank you for taking the time share your experience with others here on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your comments to our staff and glad you had such an enjoyable experience at our property!

We hope to have you back soon. Please feel free to contact me if I can ever be of assistance.

b.barbare@hospitalityamerica.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2012

I have stayed in this hotel quite frequently for at least the last year, maybe longer. The hotel is my favorite out of everywhere I stay. The beds are super cozy, the rooms are spacious, and the breakfast is delicious! The location is amazing. You can walk to all the shops and restaurants. In summer, a band plays on the other side of the river walk which you can enjoy from your room or a nearby restaurant. In winter the bells play Christmas music right outside the door. It is also so close to the running path you can take off right from the hotel. And if you love to bike there is a trail that you can spend the day on which meanders past rivers, trains, homes, old manufacturing buildings.. There is a lot to do while at the hotel. One thing that sets this hotel apart is their management. Each staff member is so courteous and pleasant and helpful. But more than that, they are ever evolving as things change. I have seen changes in the lobby, the rooms, the food, etc and I wouldn't be surprised if these changes were sparked by employee suggestions.

Obviously I love this place but as another point in comparison, I stayed at the Marriott once when this hotel was booked. It was just not as good. Bigger and less personal plus the breakfast bar was under-whelming... Packaged food for money in a sterile environment.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
hamptongsm, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, 17 December 2012
Dear Rica513,

Thank you for taking the time to share your exprience with others here on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your loyalty to our property and for the wonderful compliments! I am so pleased to hear you enjoy your stay while at the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace.

We can't wait to have you back! Please feel free to contact me if I can ever be of assistance in the future. Happy Holidays!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

I love the downtown area! The Hampton is centrally located to walk anywhere in Greenville. The staff is wonderful and always available for whatever I need. I visit at least once a month for business and they make it an enjoyable experience. The beds are comfy.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
hamptongsm, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, 13 December 2012
Dear Strantam,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace and for sharing your experience with others. We are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable experience at our property and thank you for your compliments to our staff!

We can't wait to have you back and if I can ever be of assistance please do not hesitate to contact me. Happy Hollidays!!

Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Downtown this past weekend for a girls weekend in celebration of my daughters birthday. The room was very spacious and perfect for our spa night. We loved being within walking distance of downtown restaurants and the park. The hotel staff was more than accomodating and went out of their way to make sure our stay was amazing. The hot breakfast was great and the serving staff pleasant and helpful! It will be a memory we will have forever and we couldn't have picked a better place to stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the double queen suite and it was very spacious!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
matt_lew-GM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, 6 December 2012
Dear Momofseven22,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write about us on Tripadvisor. We cannot tell you enough how much it means to us to know that you had a wonderful experience during your stay with us. We do our best to always make sure our guests are well taken care of because we truly want them to feel at home. Again, thank you for taking the time to write about us. We look forward to having you with us again soon! Have a wonderful evening!

Kristin Graham
Guest Service Supervisor
(864) 271-8700
k.graham@hospitalityamerica.com
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012

This is a very nice property in the heart of beautiful little Greenville. The location is perfect--right on the Reedy River and the Swamp Rabbit Trail, just steps away from Main Street. Downtown Greenville is a jewel, and the pride people take in it is evident at this hotel as well. Staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast (which includes tons of fresh fruit) was far better than what you get at a typical Hampton Inn, although the dining area is a little too small. Internet is free; parking is only $6 per day.

I have two teeny tiny gripes: 1. Whatever they use to clean the bathroom has a chemical, institutional smell. 2. I didn't mind the call from the front desk right after I got to my room, but the voicemail message the following day, asking if my stay was still OK, was annoying, especially since I had to punch in a bunch of numbers to retrieve and then delete the message. But those are minor issues. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Dear TanteBabs,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel on Tripadvisor! It is always nice to hear that our guests enjoy our stay. We definitely take a lot of pride in our hotel because all of us as a staff work closely as a team to ensure our guests are always happy and feel like they are at home. I do apologize for the cleaning chemical smell you had in your bathroom. We use all environmentally friendly cleaning products and some may have a bit of a chemical smell to them. Also, for the voicemail message system, we are required by brand standard to do that for guests staying longer than one night to ensure that everything is still working properly in the room so that we can take care of any issues that may arise if necessary. Again, we thank you for taking the time to write about us, it means a lot to all of us here. We look forward to having you with us again soon! Have a great evening!

Kristin Graham
Guest Service Supervisor
(864) 271-8700
k.graham@hospitalityamerica.com
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night in November 2012 with a friend. We were pleased with the overall experience. Exactly what you would expect from a Hampton Inn. Beautiful location close to shops, restaurants and the park.

Our only complaint is the noise level. We were in a room close to the elevator and a group of kids was staying on our floor. It was quite loud at times. We could hear people in the hallway and outside in the courtyard area. Otherwise, it was a good stay and we would stay there again. We would just request a room far away from the elevator.

• Stayed November 2012
matt_lew-GM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
Dear Jessica M,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace and for sharing your experience with others here on Tripadvisor. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your feedback.

We would love to have you back soon! Please feel free to contact me if I can ever be of assistance in the future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2012

Good hotel in very nice area of Greenville. Several restaurants in walking distance.
Breakfast better than usual, fresh fruits, waffles, really good.
The breakfast area is a little bit too small, gets busy in the morning.

What I don't understand is that a hotel that charges $150 - $200 a night can't have an AC that is quite. The unit was not broken, just so noisy that I woke up every time it started up. Will not stay there again, need my sleep.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
matt_lew-GM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
Dear Michael K,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hampton Inn and Suites Riverplace and for sharing your experience with others.

We appreciate your comments regarding breakfast and thank you for feedback about the AC unit. I sincerely apologize that the noise from your AC unit kept you from getting a good night’s rest. We have addressed this with our maintenance department to ensure this does not happen again. If you would like to speak further about your stay please do not hesitate to contact me.

Again Michael K, I apologize your stay was not fully to your satisfaction. We hope you will give us another opportunity should you return to Greenville and if there is anything I can do to ensure your patronage please let me know.