“Suite : tight quarters”

Ranked #4 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
south carolina
“Suite : tight quarters”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012 via mobile

Got the top of the line suite with lovely views but really wish there had been a separate living area with comfy chairs. No comfy chairs at all. A very small sleeper sofa enough room for one. Our young adult daughter was with my husband and myself. Nice staff. Small lobby. Super small vanity and bathroom. Not acceptable for a higher end Hampton. Lovely views of the city, Paris mountain, and river from our balcony. Walk to restaurants and shops

• Stayed December 2012
hamptongsm, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, 31 December 2012
Dear chichisouthcarolina,

Thank you for sharing your experience with others here on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to see how we are doing from the prespective of our guests.

We would love to have the opportunity to host your next trip should you return to Greenville. Please keep in mind our property does offer different types of suites, so if you need the separate living room area, be sure to book the circular suite! Again, thank you for feedback, it is much appreciated.

Happy New Year!

b.barbare@hospitalityamerica.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012

I want to thank Brett Barbare for helping make our stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites downtown Greenville a great night! Very, very clean, great service, and perfect location. The staff makes sure every guest feels at home and makes sure you have anything that you need!

Dear AmyF,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review on the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace! I am so delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at our property and glad I was able to help make your stay more enjoyable.

We hope to have the opportunity to host your next trip should you return to Greenville. Please feel free to contact me if I can ever be of assistance.

Rock Hill, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012

my husband and i stayed at the hampton inn downtown and it is by far the nicest hotel i have stayed at in greenville. the staff was so helpful, the rooms were clean, and the views were amazing. we had a wonderful time and will be returning to the hampton inn on the river everytime we are in greenville.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear BeckyH,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here on Tripadvisor. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace and thank you for your comments.

We would love for you to stay with us again should you return to the Greenville area. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance.

Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2012

I want to thank Miguel and the rest of the Hampton staff for helping make a 46 year reunion of high school friends a great success. Our adjoining rooms were wonderful and we loved the location. We enjoyed the delicious breakfast and very clean, spacious rooms!! We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
hamptongsm, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, 28 December 2012
Dear EmilyZ,

Thank you for writing a review on the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for compliments to Miguel and our staff!

We hope to have the opportunity to host your next high school reunion! Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance in the future.

Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

I stayed at the Hampton Inn this past weekend and must say that it was an excellent choice! Everything was perfect from the time I walked in the door and was greeted by the friendly staff, to the clean room. The staff made sure that you had everything that you needed, which made for a very pleasant stay. Everyone that I encountered on the staff was very friendly, outgoing, and knowledgable of the area. It is very centrally located, where you can walk to anything downtown. The view was very pretty, as well, of the downtown area and the river.

MkMiller922,

Thank you for taking the time share your experience with others here on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your comments to our staff and glad you had such an enjoyable experience at our property!

We hope to have you back soon. Please feel free to contact me if I can ever be of assistance.

CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2012

I have stayed in this hotel quite frequently for at least the last year, maybe longer. The hotel is my favorite out of everywhere I stay. The beds are super cozy, the rooms are spacious, and the breakfast is delicious! The location is amazing. You can walk to all the shops and restaurants. In summer, a band plays on the other side of the river walk which you can enjoy from your room or a nearby restaurant. In winter the bells play Christmas music right outside the door. It is also so close to the running path you can take off right from the hotel. And if you love to bike there is a trail that you can spend the day on which meanders past rivers, trains, homes, old manufacturing buildings.. There is a lot to do while at the hotel. One thing that sets this hotel apart is their management. Each staff member is so courteous and pleasant and helpful. But more than that, they are ever evolving as things change. I have seen changes in the lobby, the rooms, the food, etc and I wouldn't be surprised if these changes were sparked by employee suggestions.

Obviously I love this place but as another point in comparison, I stayed at the Marriott once when this hotel was booked. It was just not as good. Bigger and less personal plus the breakfast bar was under-whelming... Packaged food for money in a sterile environment.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
hamptongsm, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, 17 December 2012
Dear Rica513,

Thank you for taking the time to share your exprience with others here on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your loyalty to our property and for the wonderful compliments! I am so pleased to hear you enjoy your stay while at the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace.

We can't wait to have you back! Please feel free to contact me if I can ever be of assistance in the future. Happy Holidays!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

I love the downtown area! The Hampton is centrally located to walk anywhere in Greenville. The staff is wonderful and always available for whatever I need. I visit at least once a month for business and they make it an enjoyable experience. The beds are comfy.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
hamptongsm, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, 13 December 2012
Dear Strantam,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace and for sharing your experience with others. We are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable experience at our property and thank you for your compliments to our staff!

We can't wait to have you back and if I can ever be of assistance please do not hesitate to contact me. Happy Hollidays!!