Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace
Ranked #3 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I've been staying at this hotel for over a year now and must say they make me feel like part of their "family". The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, it is clean and safe and is in a great spot if you want to walk out for dinner. It's always a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
hamptongsm, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Lisa A,

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hampton Inn & Suites RiverPlace and to the Hilton brand! We appreciate your business over the past year and thank you for your wonderful compliments to our staff. Our team works very hard to surpass our guests' expectations and I am always happy to pass along great comments to our staff such as yours.

We can't wait to have you back with us again soon! Please reach out to me directly if I can ever assist you. Thanks again for your review!

b.flowers@hospitalityamerica.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Great location, wonderful staff, comfortable room, reasonable rates What more needs to be said? Everything about our quick stay here was great. Convenient parking in the city lot at a great rate was an added bonus. Breakfast included in the room rate was more than adequate.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Ed F,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites RiverPlace for your quick trip to Greenville! We appreciate you sharing your experience with others here on TripAdvisor. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your wonderful comments. We can't wait to have you back with us again soon! Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I can ever assist you in making future reservations.

Thanks again for your review!

Kansas City, United States
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This hotels staff really went beyond the ordinary to accomodate us during our stay. The location was perfect for our family function - a wedding in Falls Park on the Reedy. What a beautiful part of the country.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Daniel G,

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites RiverPlace! I am so delighted to hear our staff took great care of you accommodating your adjoining rooms request and that you found our centralized location perfect for your family function. It is always our #1 goal to go above and beyond to ensure our guests have an exceptional experience.

We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again soon should you return to the Greenville area. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance.

Abingdon, Virginia
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This Hampton Inn is a notch above the "normal" Hampton Inns. It's location right downtown in Greenville make it very convenient to all shopping, restaurants, ballpark, Peace Center and the Main Street scene in Greenville. The rooms are upscale and as all Hampton Inns, clean and comfortable. It is easy to park your own car in the garage and not use it again until you depart days later.

Although this property is much more expensive than many Hampton Inns, it's worth it to stay here as a special treat a few times a year. The staff and amenities are outstanding.

Room Tip: Try to get a top floor facing the river.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
hamptongsm, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear bobby381,

Thank you for sharing your experience with others here on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites RiverPlace! We are so fortunate to be in a great location allowing our guests to easily walk to the great restaurants, the Drive Stadium, Falls Park, etc. Thank you for your compliments to our staff. As a team, we are always striving to provide outstanding top notch service; I will happily pass along your comments.

We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again soon! Please reach out to me directly if I can ever assist you in making future reservations. Thanks again for your review!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed here on a Saturday night with a concert and weddings going on downtown, so being the smart business it is, this hotel jacked up their rates to more than $300 per night. Now I know there are a lot of hotel responses on TA addressing this very complaint, so I was well aware that supply/demand was going to force me into paying more. That being said, I think the hotel could offer a little more when your paying $300 than on other nights when the same room rents for under $200. Towels are bargain basement Motel 6 version and the Executive Suite with balcony rated out to be the most expensive room/sq.ft. I have ever stayed in. It was not a suite at all and the balcony did not have room for two chairs. Other low-budget items in a high cost room were no glassware, just tiny paper cups for both water and coffee, one serving shampoo and conditioner, insufficient for 2 people, a tiny sink area, and a 20th century clock radio that took up half the nightstand. One would not expect a noisy "in the room" A/C unit for such a price, but that's what you get.

All that said, the hotel is clean and comfortable in a great location with newly renovated rooms and a polite staff. The immediate area is full of fun shopping, restaurants, parks and paths around the river and falls. All that is good, it's just a reminder of what a great country we live in when you can overcharge for stuff and people (including me) will pay for it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BlessUSA
Dear BlessUSA,

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suite RiverPlace and providing your feedback on rates and in-room amenities. Due to our downtown location being in such close proximity to a myriad of event venues, our rates certainly due fluctuate depending upon what’s occurring in the city. A performance by Grammy Award winner John Legend, just one block from our hotel, resulted in higher rates over your travel dates.

On your future stay, should you ever need additional in-room amenities please contact us and a member of our team will be happy to provide more for you. Unfortunately, we are unable to prepare the guest room with anything outside of the parameters required by the Hilton Brand. The towels fall under the same brand standards. You are always welcome to share your feedback with the Hilton Brand; I am positive they will take your comments into consideration.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you again in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever assist you.

Atlanta
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Wow. Was really impressed by my stay at this hotel. Beautiful inside and out, and very conveniently located. Check in was easy and they were friendly at the front desk. I was really (almost) shocked at how nice my room was. I had a waterfront (river) room, and it was huge. Beautifully decorated, which is rare for me to say because I hate most hotel decor. Wet bar, couch, work desk, etc. I loved the big round ottoman in the room. I realized I forgot a toiletry item, called the front desk, and they sent it right up. The bed, oh, the bed. First of all it looked clean, and had the post it saying it really was! It was comfy and smelled good and clean. Slept great.

Had breakfast in he lobby, which was great. Good variety for a free breakfast. Again, very clean. We valet parked and that service was speedy. Easy check out. I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Facing the water is nice.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank bethrad
Dear bethrad,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other here on TripAdvisor! We know there are many options on where to stay in Greenville, so thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites RiverPlace! We appreciate you mentioning our lovely room decor! We recently updated all of our guest rooms with brand new furniture and I am happy to read you loved the ottoman and of course our super comfy beds. We work very hard to surpass our guests' expectations and I am always happy to pass along great comments to our staff such as yours.

We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future! Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance. Thanks again for your kind review!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Wonderful location in a very cool city! Beautiful views and easy to walk to all of the restuarants. Not having to drive around was very relaxing. Staff and accommodations were great. We will definitely be back to stay again!
Northerners visiting down South

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
hamptongsm, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Taraf,

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites RiverPlace! We are happy to hear you had a relaxing stay and that you enjoyed downtown Greenville. Our prime location is very convenient, allowing our guests to easily walk by the river and check out all the great things Greenville has to offer.

We appreciate your compliments to our staff and we hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance. Thanks again for your review!