“Excellent Rooms, Amenities, and Breakfast!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Drury Inn & Suites Greenville
Ranked #2 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
The Woodlands, Texas
“Excellent Rooms, Amenities, and Breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

This hotel offers truly top-notch amenities at an excellent price. This was actually my first experience at a Drury Inn and Suites and I hope to stay with them more often in the future. I had stopped here in the middle of a very long road trip and after taking advantage of all the great ammenities this hotel had to offer, I felt invigorated to continue with the rest of my trip. Check-in was very smooth and the staff were all very friendly and welcoming. One of the best aspects of this hotel is the room size and layout. The beds were like clouds, and the room had a pull-out sofa, kitchenette, and even a recliner. After settling in a bit, I decided to take advantage of the pool and hot tub. The pool layout was very interesting with the indoor and outdoor sections connected. After soaking in the hot tub for a bit, I returned to my room feeling sleepy, logged on to the speedy free wi-fi for a bit, and then went to sleep. The following morning, I was extremely pleased with the free breakfast - it had a large selection of both hot and cold foods from cereal to eggs to buiscits and gravy to French toast. After enjoying a hearty meal, I was finally ready to say goodbye to Drury and be on my way. I certainly commend this hotel for offering great amenities (free breakfast, free wi-fi, free
sodas, etc.) and great service all at a great price. Isn't that just exactly what all great hotels should be like?

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Djs94

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

It was my first visit of this hotel and I was pleasantly surprised.
The manager's greeting was very warm and friendly, we received a huge discount and also invitation for complimentary three drinks and dinner. Breakfast was free too. Internet is very fast and steady. Room is quiet and clean. The bed was comfortable.
During my previous visits to Greenville stayed in Hampton Inn., but Drury is a winner in this competition.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank tr0p1k
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

And, once again...a lovely stay. Everything about this hotel is top-notch. Complimentary breakfast, manager's reception, cleanliness, friendliness of the staff, convenience to anything you'd ever need, close to the highway(s), comfortable accommodations, everything in great working order, safe location, great value for the room rate (at least what I paid). I always make reservations here as soon as I know I'm traveling to Greenville because I can't imagine staying at any other hotel in the city.

Room Tip: as with any hotel, I always ask for a room that's not near the elevators & mechanical room...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank RebeccaS14176
ma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

We stayed here for New Year's Eve and New Years Day. We needed a pet friendly hotel for our dog Avett and this was the perfect place. We have no Drury Inns in Northeast so it was our first stay in one. Upon checkin - the receptionist was super friendly and actually looked for and found us a better rate than we were expecting to pay. Rooms were clean and had big comfy queen beds. They not only welcomed our pet but the receptionist actually offered to watch the dog while we ate. They give you two free drink tokens per room and offer up some fee appetizers from 5-7. With a free breakfast as well you can almost not need any additional food for the day. A Whole Foods is right across the street if you need some snacks. There's also a great Indian place just up the road that we ate at on New Years Eve. Took advantage also of the heated pool and hot tub.The only negative comment is that they need to pay attention to the exterior trash can on the right side door entry as it was full and needed emptying.

Room Tip: Does abut a highway - request a room on the non highway side.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank murphydj
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

Very happy to find this place. Wish there were more of them everywhere!!!
Pets allowed at no charge (I don't go anywhere without Kitty). I also requested
a smoking room and it did not stink....which was a huge surprise. Very friendly,
happy-to-be-there staff, great amenities (pool, snacks, breakfast, etc.). I only
have two tiny negative things to say: skip the scrambled eggs at breakfast
because they are powdered, not REAL, and the TV in my room was old with
not a very good picture. (I guess it's a sign of the times we now all expect flat
screens everywhere!) However, I would still rate this hotel as "excellent" because the clean condition of the room and the pet policy are more important for me personally. Also, I felt safe here and slept very well because it was
quiet even though it was literally covered up with people and kids!!! I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank Jane R
Fairfax, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

After we learned on arrival that the indoor pool at the Embassy Suites was closed for major repairs (the reason we chose Embassy in the first place), we decided to gamble on the Drury. We'd never stayed in one before and were barely familiar with the brand. What a pleasant surprise!

Everything was terrific and the staff were remarkably hospitable.

Couple of notes:

1) The front desk attendant (Ruth?) was especially gracious and knocked $10 off our room rate after she heard our sob story about the Embassy.

2) They allow pets which we didn't know. It's not a problem for us as we're dog people, but be warned there are a lot of four-legged guests too. That said, the hotel is very clean and we didn't notice any hairs, smells, noises or other pet-related inconveniences.

3) Their version of the free happy hour had amazing snacks (hot dogs, buffalo chicken bites, nachos, taco meat, salad stuff, popcorn, potato chips, etc) -- plenty to make a full meal from. They're pretty strict on their three-drinks-per-person-per-day rule.

4) They're breakfast menu didn't vary at all over three days (waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, oatmeal, various dry cereals, biscuits and gravy and french toast along with muffins and donuts, apples, bananas and yogurt), but there was enough variety that you could something different every day.

5) My kids liked the fact that they could get free sodas and free popcorn until 10 p.m.

6) The hotel does not have a full-service restaurant nor things like room service (keeps prices down), but there are literally dozens of restaurants of all genres and price points a short walk or drive away.

7) Internet is free! Bonus!

The Drury has become our new hotel of choice when staying with my in-laws in Greenville.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank ButchKin
Boca Raton Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

I've stayed at this chain 4 times in the last 2 years. There is not a comparable hotel chain for value.Without giving up beauty and comfort. Our latest stay was in Greenvill SO. CAROLINA IN October 2011. You pay somewhere in the $70-$100 price range What you get for that amount is very pretty hotels.that include the following, for free 1)great breakfast, 2) free coctails daily, 3)appetizers, hot and cold, which if you are too tired to go out or want to save money for dinner, there is enough food for you to eat there and and relax in the accomidations that, you are staying at,for one all inclusive price.Staff, go out of their way to be helpfull and polite. I/E, I told the front desk, upon checking in that my back was hurting, and when my car was unloaded, I gave the bellhop a $5 tip. He refused to take it. He told us that he was the hotel manager, which he was. DRURY INNS are great, however, when you look at their location map, youwill see that most of their branches are located in Texas and Mo, . My understanding is that they have an agressive expansion plan. I believe that they have started to build in Florida, as well as other states on the east coast and south east.Checkout their website to see where they are going to.

Room Tip: pet fees are either free or inexpensive. Rooms are very nice. The branches that we have stayed at, a...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family