A friend and I booked a room at this hotel as a recommendation from a family member who stayed at this chain in Memphis. We usually stay at Embassy Suites, but we took a chance of Drury Inn because of the reviews on TripAdvisor and from my family member.
We arrived 2 hours before the 3:00 check-in and were delighted to find out that we indeed could check-in! The minor problem that occurred at check- in was a 15-20 minutes wait because there was only one desk clerk available who was helping another guest that obviously had a credit card problem of such. Finally, another gentlemen came out to assist us, but split the room cost to reflect a penny short on our bill that I had to return to desk to pay a penny!
The rooms are very nice and clean. The beds are very comfortable and we rested well. Soap gel,
shampoo, and conditioner are provided in the room, but you have to got downstairs to get lotion.
Fortunately, I'm a " girly girl", so I had my own lotion. That policy could be an inconvenience and I
don't understand their rationale. The washcloths at this location could stand replacing because they're pretty rough, yet the bath towels were soft.
The hotel has an indoor and outdoor pool, along with an indoor hot tub. We were in the city for a funeral, so there wasn't any available time to use either, and the hot tub was being repaired.
The Kick Back hour is an AWESOME extra. There were a variety of dining choices to choose from;
such as nachos, bake potatoes, pasta with meatballs, grilled hot dogs, variety of soft drinks. The extra, extra is that each guest gets 3 cocktails, wine, or beer to wind down.
From 3:00-10:00, guests can enjoy fresh popcorn and sodas.
The breakfast also provide food choices to suit everyone's fancy from infant through senior. I
enjoyed waffles, sausage, eggs, hashbrowns, orange juice, hot chocolate. Yes, I was STUFFED!
The location of this hotel is excellent! Woodruff Road, in front of hotel has everything you would
want or need!! The hotel sits right off Interstate 85, and any restaurant that you might want to dine
is within walking distance or a few miles up the road. However, we were stuffed after the dinner
provided by Drury that we didn't need to spend any money on food. Whole Foods is next door!!
There is even a Krispy Kreme within walking distance. It rained the day and night of our arrival, but a HOT DONUTS sign isn't anything you'd want to pass up!! Yep, we bought some. (Shhhh!)
I highly recommend this chain of hotel to anyone unfamiliar as I was. It is a family friendly facility and worth the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At I-85 and I-385 near the border of North Carolina, Drury Inn & Suites Greenville is only 10 minutes east of downtown Greenville Main Street attractions, but plenty of shopping and dining options are within walking distance. Your stay includes free hot breakfast every morning and free hot food and cold beverages every evening at our 5:30 Kickback(R). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Greenville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites Greenville Hotel Greenville
- Drury Inn And Suites Greenville
- Drury Inn Greenville
- Drury Greenville
- Drury Inn Hotel Greenville
- Greenville Drury