I utilize Tripadvisor.com for choosing all my hotel and resort stays. I have been in #2 or 4 hotel rated by travelers, but never #1. Everyone was right on. You cannot beat the quality of service for the price. I booked through their website and chose the e-saver rate. Was better than my AAA rate. This is right off the interstate tucked in a industrial complex (no noise whatsoever) Cracker Barrell is on the property. Whole Foods Organic is less than a 5 minute across the parking lot walk. Previous comment mentioned that there are too many food chains around. They are not your low end ones. You can get nice meals at Lonestar Steak House.,PF Changs. WASABI Japanese Steak house. Brixx Pizza, Red Robin. Sure beat our everyday chain restaurants of MCDonals, Burger King and KFC (dont worry, those are around too) Walmart and Target is about a mile away in case you forget some things. Warning though. Do not go to Walmart at night unless you absolutely must. There are very seedy people, stealing at night and staring us down. felt unsafe.
Upon arriving , we were pleasantly greeted by the front desk. Ruth checked us in and was very polite. We received a managers special upgrade for a suite for only $10 more. If you get an opportunity, take it. This is a very spacious two room suite, with a granite bar, sink ,lots of cabinet space, a living room with an extra TV , Queen sofa pull out bed, sitting chair and desk. Very clean, maid service great. I had went back downstairs to the car and the front desk lady asked me if everything was to my liking. I have been in big resorts that no one asks you that.
Pets are allowed. We were in a non smoking room and we never smelled doggie anywhere in our outside our room. They may have a few set rooms. Yes walls are thin, You do not hear people, but you do hear showers in the morning. That is how you know it is time to get up and get going.
Other hotels should take note. Drury Inns offer the best breakfast anywhere. Hot Hot sausage gravy and biscuits, make your own belgian waffles, fruit cereal, eggs, bagles, toast, juice and soda for those that need it. Plenty of seating and nice flat tv screens. The General Manager walks around, clears tables and socializes with guests. I believe he is referred as "Mr Wonderful". He and his hotel certainly are. At night the cafe turns into mgr. welcome party with 3 free"adult" drinks per person and unlimited soda for kids. There is nachos and cheese, popcorn, veggies and ranch dressing and chips and dip. Nice to get a snack and drink before heading out to dinner.
Pool is nice (small) but not there for the pool. Is heated indoor and out. We happened to be here during an artic blast, they rarely see temps down to 12 degrees but the rooms warm up nicely.
This is a great hotel, they have friendly people working there who care about your stay. You get more bang for your buck than any hotel such as Hilton, Hampton Inn. You get the xtras free that other hotels charge you for (wireless internet worked fast, Free premium HBO cable, 1 free hour of long distance per night per room, even to Canada and Mexico) Free local calls, breakfast etc.
We had no problems or complaints about this hotel and would stay again. weather turned bad, so we will be back and stay here again to check out the sights
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At I-85 and I-385 near the border of North Carolina, Drury Inn & Suites Greenville is only 10 minutes east of downtown Greenville Main Street attractions, but plenty of shopping and dining options are within walking distance. Your stay includes free hot breakfast every morning and free hot food and cold beverages every evening at our 5:30 Kickback(R). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Greenville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Greenville
- Drury Inn & Suites Greenville Hotel Greenville
- Drury Inn Greenville
- Drury Greenville
- Drury Inn Hotel Greenville
- Greenville Drury