“Exceeded expectations!”

Drury Inn & Suites Greenville
Ranked #2 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 2 August 2010

After reading the reviews, we chose to stay here and were not disappointed. While the hotel is wonderful, it's the staff who really make this a special place to stay. From the minute we walked in, the friendly atmosphere was obvious. The ladies who served the evening refreshments were so cheerful...the front desk attendants...warm and welcoming. We also really loved the convenient location.

• Stayed: July 2010
2  Thank Siamese4me

Reviewed 21 July 2010

I totally agree with most everything everyone else had written- we even had the same problem with the waffles sticking to the waffle iron, but not a big deal for us. This is a great hotel with great, attentive staff. We loved all the free stuff like the evening kickback foods and free popcorn and soda after we got out of the pool at 11:00 p.m. Although the pool is heated and we were there in June when it had been in mid 90's, the pool was freezing cold.One more minor negative thing was the pillows. I, along with a couple of others in our group, woke up with stiff necks. The breakfast is very good as far as hotel breakfast goes. We have stayed in Drury inns and suites many times in other places but this one is the BEST one we have stayed at.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank lukesmom01
Reviewed 17 July 2010

Our family has been on the road for a couple of weeks now, and we have stayed in several different chain hotels. Some have been good, and some...not so much. I will say that the Drury Inn & Suites in Greenville, SC is the best hotels that we have stayed in so far! We had a one bedroom King suite. It gave us all plenty of space to spread out and unwind at the end of our days exploring the great downtown area as well as the numerous waterfalls in the SC/NC/GA vacinity. Breakfast was great...the kids loved the popcorn in the afternoons, and the evening kickback time provided a nice sampling of eggrolls, chicken wings, hot dogs, etc. This is our first time staying in Drury Inns, but it definitely won't be our last. Thanks Drury for a great experience.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Cord_N_Nation
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Really, from the granite tables, floors etc.....to the free breakfast, and great snacks at %:30 PM.....this hotel chain is the best my wife and I have EVER stayed at in our lives! Yes, we have stayed at Hilton, Country Inn, Best Western, Sleep Inn, etc.......Drury not only gives you so much for your dollar, they also do it with a smile on their face all day long! We had better service having our breakfast and dinner there than we have had at many restaurants. My wife ever had a few drinks on the house while there. From now on, Drury is at the top of our list. Thank you everyone at Drury for such a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank justcollectingdust
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Rather than echo everything everyone has said about the staff here wanting to be helpful I will just say it's all true.

I would offer some criticism that makes this a 4-rating hotel rather than a 5 for me.
- too many flies in the dining area with no attempts to control them
- bed was not at all comfortable
- our room had several maintenance issues - outlets not working properly, bathroom fan not working among them
- parking is a real problem at times
- simple things like some non-stick spray at the waffle maker during breakfast hours would help
- the location is generally a strength but the freeway intersection is confusing to travelers, the mall across the street is good but there isn't a safe way to walk there, the road is the busiest one in Greenville and hard to travel at certain times of the day

The hotel still gets a definite thumbs up for me but the things here they can address should be worked on.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2010

We appreciate you choosing the Drury Inn and Suites in Greenville for your recent stay and taking the time to post a review of your experience with us. I have printed your comments to share with our staff so that we can address the issues you found during your stay. Your feedback is vital to our continued pursuit of excellence.

We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 4 July 2010

My fiance and our puppy stayed the evening of the fourth of july. It was our first stay at a Drury, and we were impressed with the staff and the amount of free things they give you! Decor seems alittle dated...it may just not be our style. Other guests havent been very good about picking up their pets messes and the toiletries are lacking, but other than that it has been a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2010

This was my first stay at a Drury Inn. Very impressive. The hotel is in great shape, the rooms are clean, etc, etc. The real story of this hotel is the staff. I have never experienced a positive, upbeat, cheerful attitude like the staff at this location has. My wife and I were treated as if we were the President and CEO of Drury Inns. Wow.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple