“A lovely surprise!”

Staybridge Suites Greenville I-85 Woodruff Road
Ranked #35 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 22 April 2009

I went to Greenville to visit someone who was working out of town. I was warned that some hotels in the area were not very nice.
When I got to the hotel from the airport, the clerk asked how I arrived there at the hotel. I was supposed to take a hotel shuttle but since I did not see one, I instead took a taxi. The clerk then discounted the amount I paid for the taxi off of my room rate. Amazing! All of the staff here at the hotel was very friendly and quite helpful.
I stayed in a two room suite. The entry room contained a fully furnished kitchen (yes, even a full-sized refrigerator), a desk, a plasma TV, and couch. The bedroom had its own plasma TV as well. The room was clean and well furnished, although the couch was quite uncomfortable. The bed was more comfortable than my one at home with soft linens and many pillows.
Similar to other hotels, this one had a free continental breakfast in their great room. Even better, 3 days a week in the evening, this hotel also served free dinner including free BEER AND WINE!!!! In the back area outside, there was a fire pit for socializing and a small swimming pool. Off the great room was a separate area called the theater which had a huge plasma TV, several chairs, and a DVD player if you wanted to watch a movie.
For the price I paid, this place is amazing. I am going back in June and looking forward to my stay!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kff8

Reviewed 13 November 2008

We stayed at this Staybridge for a week and wished we could have stayed longer. The rooms are great! Comfortable bed, great kitchen and nice flat screen TV with DVD player. They also have the Sundowner's reception Tuesday through Thursday nights that include great meals from hamburgers to beef stew and complimentary drinks to go with. The lobby with the fireplace is very welcoming and makes you feel at home. The laundry services are free as well! There's a home theater that you can use to watch movies or catch a game on. The customer service was excellent. Overall, it was an excellent stay and couldn't have asked for anything better. Will definitely return to this Staybridge when in the area again.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank jmebagen
Reviewed 24 October 2008

My husband and I stayed there for 4 evenings, and were very disappointed in our room. The room was VERY dirty when we checked in, but it was late and we were tired so we did not notice how bad until the following morning. In the bathroom the next morning I noticed there was a lot of hair on the floor. I wiped it up with tissues. Later I noticed the toilet lid top was dirty so I wet/soaped a washcloth and washed it myself. I then wiped up the floor and it was even worse than I thought...
Two tries to get the floor cleaned (water cap, celophane, nail clippings (yuck) etc.,) resulted in fresh sheets and towels, and the same filthy floor/rugs.
No help at check out either..
Breakfast was also minimal at ~8:30 AM, when they served until 9:30, many things gone, read dishes gone so forced to use un-environmenatl styrafoam etc...
Will definaltely never stay again.This is a real shame since the hotel is new, quiet, free dinners some days of the week, great location etc...

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank shinysideup
ssmith11, Regional Director of Operations at Staybridge Suites Greenville I-85 Woodruff Road, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2009

We rely on our guests feedback, and greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We also apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. I have forwarded your comments to the hotel, a copy of this file has been made available to the General Manager for their records. I know they share our vision of providing the best guest experience possible, and I am confident they will take the necessary steps to continue to improve their services. We, at Kana Hotel Group, take great pride in our properties as they are all in the top 10% of each of their brands.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose IHG and the Staybridge Suites Woodruff Road, Greenville for your future travel needs.

Stephanie Smith
Regional Director of Operations
Kana Hotel Group

Reviewed 25 July 2008

I was driving from Florida to a new home in Virginia, with a newborn baby and a nanny. We stopped at this hotel because the location was halfway for us. We were SO lucky to have picked this place. It is brand new, the beds are incredibly comfortable and the softest sheets I've ever felt in a hotel. The staff was incredibly helpful and when I asked for a crib for the baby, they were putting it in the room before I could even bring in the luggage. We had a one bedroom suite which was more than enough room for all of us. The breakfast was perfect with a lot of choices. The location is great as well, with a Whole Foods right around the corner which was perfect for a healthy dinner and snacks for the next day of travel. We would definitely recommend this establishment and have absolutely nothing bad to say about it. In fact when we got to Virginia, we canceled the reservation at the hotel we were supposed to stay in and switched to a Staybridge, and it's equally as nice. I travel frequently for both business and pleasure and now I will always look for a Staybridge. Great chain and we highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Debra D
Reviewed 9 July 2008

Before we arrived to the hotel, a staff member contacted us to verify our reservation and specific request (handicap accessible rooms). Upon arrival we had a quick check in process. The staff was accommodating and courteous. The rooms were excellent. We had a two bedroom suite and a one bedroom handicap accessible suite. In the two bedroom suite, one room had a double bed and the second room had two double beds each with their own bathrooms and flat screen televisions. The kitchenette was well equipped with everything you could need (granite counter tops). The hotel had three washers and dryers for guest-FREE of charge. The hotel is convenient to everything

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Reddieshopper
Reviewed 21 November 2007

Stayed for one week while on a business trip. Location is within walking distance to a few restaurants while it was a minute to a two minute drive to tons of shopping and more restaurants. Hotel staff were professional, courteous, and went out of their way to be helpful. The hotel must be very new. The room was decorated in earthtones and was very relaxing. The room was clean, bed was comfortable, full kitchen, sofa, large TV and wireless internet access was FREE! The hot breakfast was appetizing and there was a manager's reception Tuesday - Thursday nights.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2007

My wife and I were looking for a hotel we could spend two weeks while we were looking to relocate. After a brief internet search I found this property. I called the hotel to inquire about rates and the second the young lady answered the phone I was sold. This place is amazing. It is brand new. The word hotel does not describe nor do justice what they actually are. When we checked in we given a One Bedroom Suite that could not have been nicer. The fully equipped kitchen saved us money and allowed us to feel more at home. The televisions were awsome. 32 inch with high definition and real channels. They even had a theatre room with a large screen tv and leather recliners. I travel alot and the channels at other hotels are not the best. Our bed was comfortable and we slept great each night because it is quiet. The breakfast was great. Fresh waffles each morning and good coffee. Our service was fantastic. The staff always greeted us and we never waited for anything. They had an evening reception with grilled hamburgers, salad, and tacos along with free beer and wine. We had such a great time and got to know the staff who were as pleasant as could be. I was happy we found this place. Even though we decided not to relocate to the area I feel we will be back to see what the whole town has to offer. This hotel is the prime example of southern hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple