“Decent steak house in downtown Greenville” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rick Erwins Westend Grille

Rick Erwins Westend Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Rick Erwins Westend Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 900 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: US$18 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Augusta
Greenville, South Carolina
“Decent steak house in downtown Greenville”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

My wife and I have eaten at Rick Erwin's premier seafood restaurant in Greenville, Nantucket Grill, several times. But this was our 1st trip to his steak house - on a SAT night. The food was very good, and the service impeccable. However, to be a little picky, I asked the waiter to tell me about the dry aged delmonico (which I ended up ordering). He basically said it was dry aged and the chef's favorite. If you want to claim to be a high end steak house, I would have expected the waiter to tell me how many days the steak was aged, the quality of the meat (was it USDA prime?), etc. The steak was very good (it should be for $38), but I had a NY strip the next day at Longhorn's that was slightly less than half that price, and almost as good quality. We each had a glass of wine, split the special appetizer (very good), salad for wife and soup for me. She had the crab cake (small / 1 cake). No dessert. Bill totaled $120 with tip, so it was a bit pricey. Will keep going to Nantucket Grill.

“So..So”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

I dined at Rick Erwin's last night with a friend. We were seated right away at a nice table near a window. We both ordered a glass of wine which was delicious. They have a nice extensive wine list. Our waiter started out pretty cold but turned around towards the end of dinner. I had the shrimp cocktail for an appetizer while my friend had the seafood bisque. They were both excellent. For my main entree I had the 12 ounce New York Prime Steak. I ordered it medium and it was over cooked. It was a pricey steak at a nice resturant, and I have had much better. I had the creamed spinach as a side and it was bland. My friend had the parmesean grouper and said it was delicious. The dessert list was not very impressive. I had creme brulee which was average and my friend had key lime pie which she enjoyed. The restuarant itself is gorgeous. The food is expensive and honestly there are much better choices in downtown Greenville. I would return to the resturant and give it another chance because I liked the classic menu, although this would not be a first choice or a restuarant I would recommend to friends.

“Great Dining Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

We loved our first visit to the West End Grille. We went early so we could easily make the War Horse performance at the Peace Center. Our server, Adrianna, was very good at making sure we had everything we wanted. My wife took her recommendation of the Sea Bass and was very pleased with the choice. I had the pumpkin and corn soup, which was good and peppery, and the surf and turf from the $39 Theatre Menu and it was great. I would recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank Steveflhtc07
sc
“If a restaurant does not have prices on it's online menu it's for a reason!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Yes it was a good restaurant with good food and even better waiter knowledge/helpfulness but way overpriced for Greenville - we are not New York! My sister chose this restaurant (who lives in England and was coming over for her 50th birthday), and on the online booking form I mentioned it was for a special 50th birthday and a nice table would be appreciated. Now we didn't want the birthday singing a la TGI Friday's - but an acknowledgement, dessert for the birthday girl or something would have been nice. Nothing. If you are happy to pay $56 for a steak, $4 extra for the special Erwin blue cheese on the steak, then extra for sides then this is the place for you. I just cannot see that kind of money in the food we had, not that it was bad - just way overpriced. My favorite part of the meal - the bread :)

West Union, South Carolina
“I blew my diet, but who cares!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

My husband and I went for my birthday, so automatically you sort of know y,our diet is going out the window, but what a way to go! The bread was heavenly, and everything from the apps to the entrees, to the desserts, heaven. (The white chocolate bread pudding, well worth the calories and the carbs!) The wait staff was fantastic, my husband is Australian and does not believe in tipping for service not received, he left the biggest tip I have ever known him to leave in the 19 years we have been together. That says it all. It is a bit pricey but well worth it.

• Visited September 2013