“Gournet meals, beautiful decor, and what a setting! One of my all-time favorites!”
Review of Halls Chophouse

Halls Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Halls Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 934 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: US$20 - US$100
Cuisines: Armenian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Halls Chophouse is a family steakhouse restaurant originated in the Upper King District of Charleston, South Carolina. We value hospitality, superior American cuisine and a dining experience that guests revere. Special Features: Gluten-Free Friendly, Vegan and Vegetarian Friendly, Happy Hour, Kid Friendly, Romantic, Late Night, Live Music. Bar opens at 4:00pm, Dinner Service at 5:00pm. Dinner is served until 11:00 pm during the week, 12:00am on Friday and Saturday. Our menu features She Crab Soup, Oysters on the Half Shell, and Fried Calamari just to name a few dishes. Our extensive wine menu features over 100 of the most exclusive wines one may find.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I were in Greenville last weekend for a niece's wedding, and during the reception we met one of the other wedding guests who lived in Greenville. When we asked him if he would recommend any place where we might enjoy a "fine dining" experience for dinner, he immediately told us that we should try High Cotton. Good recommendation! Downtown Greenville is gorgeous, and so is this super classy restaurant located smack in its heart. Glass walls from floor to ceiling look out onto a gorgeous park-like river-walk, and I have to agree with another reviewer who stated that there isn't a bad seat in this restaurant. In addition to the beautiful setting, both the food and service were wonderful. My wife had their Carolina Mountain Trout, which she loved, and I had the Venison Strip Sirloin after the server recommended it and described it as tender, juicy, and delicious. That's not the venison I knew from past experience, but boy was I glad I took his advice. This was a gourmet meal! The blended flavors of the super-tender strips of perfectly prepared meat, served with sweet potato puree and blackberry Madeira jus! What a superb dish, truly one of my all-time favorites. If ever back again in Greenville, I'm pretty sure another dinner at High Cotton will be high on our list. Loved it!

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We've been to High Cotton many times over the years. Always great food and a great atmosphere. Apart from one not so great experience a few years back when we waited for almost an hour for our reserved table (but High Cotton sent us a letter of apology and a $50 gift certificate......kudos) we've had great service. Pity they stopped their lunch service especially on Saturdays. Best place to eat downtown!!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I frequent the bar at High Cotton often, it's very close to where we live. The bar staff is excellent. Specifically, the head bartender, Michael Wilson is a standout. He has a great way with people, makes excellent suggestions with their many choices of drinks and food. In fact, we prefer to eat at the bar because of the staff, they truly do go out of their way to make sure everyone is having a good time. Thanks High Cotton Bar staff, keep up the great work!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We celebrated our youngest's graduation from college the night before the ceremony at this lovely, modern restaurant overlooking the river in Greenville. I made the reservation several months early, and I'm glad I did! It was very busy, and the SC governor was among the other diners the night we were there.

High Cotton specializes in farm-to-table, locally sourced, and in some cases, historic food (red peas). The prices are generally reasonable given the artisanal nature of the food. Our party enjoyed everything from the traditional rib eye steak to the more adventurous quail. Service was good even though the restaurant was busy, and our waiter recommended moderately priced wines rather than the pricey ones when asked for a recommendation.

Definitely a good choice for a special evening.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Our party of four all chose some thing different and were all delighted with our choices. The vegetarian lasagne without pasta was a major hit.
Our waiter Kevin was very knowledgeable and attentive without being pushy and as an added bonus they have a nice selection of local craft beers. Excellent evening.