“Dinner”
Review of Halls Chophouse

Halls Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Halls Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 930 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: US$20 - US$100
Cuisines: Armenian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Halls Chophouse is a family steakhouse restaurant originated in the Upper King District of Charleston, South Carolina. We value hospitality, superior American cuisine and a dining experience that guests revere. Special Features: Gluten-Free Friendly, Vegan and Vegetarian Friendly, Happy Hour, Kid Friendly, Romantic, Late Night, Live Music. Bar opens at 4:00pm, Dinner Service at 5:00pm. Dinner is served until 11:00 pm during the week, 12:00am on Friday and Saturday. Our menu features She Crab Soup, Oysters on the Half Shell, and Fried Calamari just to name a few dishes. Our extensive wine menu features over 100 of the most exclusive wines one may find.
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Dinner was fantastic. They were told about our anniversary by the hotel and mentioned it along with a comp dessert! Rack of lamb was delicious and my wife's fillet was perfectly cooked.

There are newer reviews for Halls Chophouse

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stopped by High Cotton for drinks and a quick bite before going to a wedding. We sat at the bar and enjoyed the company of the other guests and bartender. The service was very good and we enjoyed our selection of appetizers. We will definitely be back when we are in town again.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I've dined at High Cotton in Charleston and it was fabulous - like a photocopy of an original, the Greenville version didn't quite live up to the original. My son and I went for seafood, but the limited selection didn't appeal to either of us - so we had steaks instead.

We started with the fried green tomatoes which were OK, but not great. My filet was cooked perfectly and the blue cheese gratin added a terrific flavor. I was very happy with my selection of the filet over perfectly cooked asparagus. My son had the New York Strip and his steak wasn't quite as good. He said it had great flavor, but had too much gristle.

The service was very good, with a slight miss when I had to remind my waitress to bring the glass of wine that I had asked be brought out with my dinner.

1  Thank Bajaboater
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Loved the food and atmosphere. Had the Shrimp & Grits which was delicious. Had just enough spice to give it a bit of a kick without going for your water glass. My husband had the hamburger and said it tasted like ground steak. His fries were crunchy too for being hand cut. The cornbread just melted in your mouth! Outstanding meal. Wanted to try the desserts, but had no room.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was a nice little bistro type atmosphere with good and service. We sat at the bar and easily engaged with the other guests that were all locals.

Will definitely eat here again.