“dinner delight”

Sassafras Southern Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Sassafras Southern Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 973 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2017

wonderful decor , attentive service, excellent food - very generous portions... concierge had mentioned it was great southern cooking so we had to try it - glad we did - good job Mr/Mrs Hill you have a fine restaurant

Reviewed 30 July 2017

I took my mom to this restaurant on a Friday night, and the food was amazing. I had the scallops and risotto, which was fabulous. We were unfamiliar with Greenville, so finding the restaurant was slightly challenging. There wasn't any street parking available, so we circled back and paid $5 for one of the open lots. The restaurant was actually tucked into a building towards the back, so not really visible from Main Street. They were very understanding that we were a few minutes late for our reservation, and we did wait a short time for an open table. The manager was very attentive and stopped by our table twice to check in. My only negative comment was that we were in the bar area and our server clearly had a section elsewhere. He got us our food quickly, but we did wait a while for him to circle back with the check. I believe this just had to do with the placement of our table from his station. Overall, I would recommend for a nice dinner in a casual setting.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Had a wonderful date night with my love. Started with the blue crab nachos - which are a MUST! Ended with the beef tips for dinner. Very flavorful and good size portions. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

As it was my first first time at sassafras I was thoroughly impressed. We arrived early and were able to sit at the bar and order and appetizer. We didn't sit long as our table was ready before the appetizer came out. The pimento fondue was great. My shrimp and grits tasted amazing, as if I was sitting in Charleston enjoying them. My wife absolutely adored the lump grab and salmon with the asparagus. The only reason I left 4 and not 5 was because although we had an amazing time, there were a frequent moments where our server would dissapear and our drink would sit empty for an extended time but it was still overall a great trip.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Excellent service and food. Unique combinations. The collards were fantastic! The menu itself was quite interesting -- front and back made of wood!