“What a Diamond”

Pettigru Place Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Greenville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 November 2007

I have just returned from a four day business stay at Pettigru Place, Greenville.SC.
Travelling from the U.K. and staying in Greenville for the first time I originally saw Pettigru Place on the internet and looked at Tripadvisor for comments and I was not in the least disappointed.
This B & B is much more than a standard B & B, in fact it is a luxury B & B. The hospitality is magnificent and the food is better.
Lori, the CEO (Chief Enthusiast & Owner) and Suzy really know how to create a breakfast to make your mouth water.
The rooms are private, have en-suite facilities and there is external access to the B & B with a key.
The situation of the hotel (it seems more like a hotel than a mere B & B) is within a 10-15 minutes stroll tof downtown Greenville.

I dont often write reviews on hotels that I stay at but I was so impressed with this place I thought it only right that I spend some time taking the trouble.

I would recommend it for single business travellers wanting an oasis of hospitality during a week away from home comforts and also to couples who are just looking for somewhere to drop their cases and relax for a weekend.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Pettigru Place Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 17 November 2007

I just finished a four weeks stay at Pettigru Place - weekdays; weekends at home. I'm a corporate traveler who had a co-worker recommend Pettigru. While reluctant, I had to admit that it far exceeded my expectations. (Enough for me to write a review!)
It certainly had a more homey feel than my usual corporate hotel stays, but not what you would call "mom and popsy" that I usually come to think of with B&Bs.
The innkeeper, Lori, has taken what seems to be considerable efforts to provide what corporate travelers need - comfort, wireless internet, great breakfasts, and wine and cheese that I could take in the garden. Not shabby in the least. :-) And privacy. Liked the walk to the restaurants down on Main in the evenings, and I could come and go as I pleased.
Lori's done a good job and I would welcome another project in Greenville, if for no other reason than to sit in the garden with a glass of wine and "work" on my laptop. Makes work not feel like work. I guess I may have to look into more corporate type B and Bs or inns in the future.
TravelerdaveL

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank travelerdavel
Reviewed 25 September 2007

I spoke to the proprietor about staying four days per week for about six weeks while working in the area. She told me she had a corporate rate of $99.00 and was very business flexible. In fact "business travel flexibility" is highlighted on their website.

This was my first B&B experience and after the first week I realized it was "just not for me" - it was a bit too intimate for business travel. Everyone was lovely and the breakfast was wonderful although not available until 7:30. I have a wheat allergy and she even cooked with wheat free ingredients for me.

The room however was the size of a postage stamp. There was no bureau to unpack my clothes (just a small wicker shelf in the closet that didn't reach my knees) no bar soap or shower gel for the shower, and, pardon me, but I had to sit on the toilet sideways because it was so close to the wall.

I stayed the first week and then upon checking out cancelled the remaining ones. I offered to surrender my deposit for the following week. I was informed by the proprietor that she went to extra efforts to research and buy wheat free ingredients for me and spent over $75.00 in ingredients. ( Her website however says that they cater to dietary needs). I offered to surrender the $75.00 she spent plus my next week's deposit of $25.00.

She told me that her deposits were non-refundable and that she would keep my full $250.00 deposit. She also did not honor her quoted rate of $99.00 per night but charged me her full rate.

If I were spending the weekend and in a larger room, this would be a nice place to stay (although I never would now) but it is not for the business traveler. The proprietor is not flexible and she will keep your money!!!

Shame on her.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
5  Thank Mecnerwal
Reviewed 2 April 2007

Decided to stay here because of write up in Southern Living..Lori greeted my business weary bones with an effussive, gracious hospitality and generous glass of Chardonnay. The breakfast was delicious and very generous. Free Wireless internet, Will return and refer to all my road weary colleagues.

Stayed: March 2007
Reviewed 27 February 2007

My wife & I are innkeepers so instead of staying at a hotel we stayed here. What a comfortable & relaxing place it is. Lori, the innkeeper, practises genuine hospitality. Our room was just what we needed, the breakfast delicious & the home tastefully furnished. We will stay here again & highly recommend it to you.

Tom & Deede Hinson

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2005

As a business traveler it was nice to enter a home where the hostess immediately knew how to make you feel welcomed without overwhelmed. This of course included getting me a most generous glass of white wine. The rooms are all lovely and well maintained - I stayed in the Rosemunde room with a clawfoot tub and a small sitting area to the side of the bed.

Friendly to the business traveler, they accomodate cancellations, have TV's in the room and each room has a private bath. Dining menus and take out menus are available for everyone to use.

Breakfast was served early to accomodate my schedule (didn't expect that) and a coffee pot in the hall was there for getting ready in the a.m. Lovely shaded gardens provided sitting for the afternoon read that had time.

I will definitely opt for this stop the next time I'm in Greenville.

4  Thank healthymomof2
A TripAdvisor Member
Beijing, Peoples Republic of China
Reviewed 18 May 2003

Stayed for four nights at Pettigru Place while on business in Greenville Area. Had my wife along, and she persuaded me to stay at a B&B instead of my usual hotel. While skeptical at first, I had to admit is was a great choice. Sheri was a perfect hostess, and was able to help keep my wife occupied while I was at work. Was surprised they have wireless internet, so I worked in the garden (with a glass of wine). What a relaxing change of pace after a day at a customer's office. Will certainly return for business in the future. David and Donna

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member