“One of the Best B&B's in the U.S. !”

Pettigru Place Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Greenville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Since I only stay at B&B's when we travel . I am always comparing one from another. The Pettigru Place is definitely a surpurb B&B. Lori is most gracious and accomodating. We stayed for three nights. The room was very comfortable,clean and quiet. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. Greenville has a lot to do and everyone is so very friendly. If you enjoy historic places. You will truly appreciate all that this B&B has to offer.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 June 2011

My husband and I won a free night's stay at Pettigru Place and enjoyed a visit to Greenville to see friends. The inn is cozy and welcoming, breakfast was delicious, and we especially thought the outside gardens were a great addition to a downtown inn. We enjoyed downtown Greenville's restaurants, shopping, and even a minor league baseball game. Thanks again for the free night's stay! What a great surprise!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2011

I have been a guest at the bed and breakfast; the staff was wonderful I found the rooms to be beautiful, and they were extremely accomidating, with my dietary needs. I would stay there again and recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 1 June 2011

A great trip. We stayed in two different rooms over the course of our stay (by choice)-the Carolinian and the Rosamunde. We would like to go back and stay in the Brass Giraffe. The person I went with had never stayed in a B & B, and could not believe the soda and water in the fridge upstairs was free! Breakfasts alternated sweet and savory, and the coffee is just right. Afternoon wine and cheese had great conversation. Never got around to taking a bath because there was too much to do in Greenville (we only showered). Also, got a great dinner recommendation for The Bohemian (we love off the beaten path). We would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lotus_69_69
Reviewed 24 May 2011

We had such an amazing stay at Pettigru Place. I had the pleasure of staying in both the Greene room and the Chantilly. The feather bed in the Greene room was incredible and so comfy! The Chantilly was absolutely cozy and charming as well. The rooms were very clean and just so quaint.
Lori made a fabulous breakfast EVERY morning. I loved all of the extras Lori provided: homemade chocolate cookies, sodas, coffee, etc. My kids emptied the cookie jar!
The location was wonderful. We walked downtown and enjoyed Main Street. We also went to a hockey game at the Bi Lo. It was so convenient!! We also enjoyed quite a few delicious restaurants in the area
Lori was such a gracious hostess and made our stay so wonderful. She was so knowledgeable about the area and helpful in assisting our family in any way we needed while we were there. I would love to come back and visit again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2011

My Original Review of Pettigru place was removed because i left a negative review on items I have not nor ever will experience, the room, the location, the sleep quality ect... However, One thing I have experienced with Pettigru Place is their service. My fiance and I book the Brass Giraffe room on Feb 23 for our honeymoon that will take place in June of this year. A couple of weeks ago, my fiance was contacted by Pettigru place.They informed her that a long term guest was going to be staying with them at the time of our honeymoon and had requested the Brass Giraffe room for their duration of their stay. Pettigru Place asked if we would mind switching rooms to the Greene room which was a free upgrade to accomodate their long term guest. We truly liked the Brasse Giraffe room and did not like the Greene room so we politely declined the free upgrade to the Greene room. My fiance was contaced within a fews days of declining the upgrade and was informed that the upgrade was no long an option of ours but we either took the upgrade or they refunded our money. The do not respect the decision of their customer to choose the room of their choice nor do they honor the agreement that was put in place when we booked the room and paid the deposit. Their policy says nothing about them having the right to choose an differant room or change your room after you have reserved a particular room. would never book a room here again!!

Room Tip: Do not book, you may not get the room you reserve!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Asch1974
Reviewed 18 May 2011

Lori is delightful and Pettigru Place is perfect. I was pleasantly surprised when Lori upgraded me at no extra cost. Everything was clean, fresh and lovely. I stayed in the Carolinian room, which had a deck. It was cool, so I could open the door and have fresh air. Wifi worked perfectly and I did a little work in the sunroom. (Not sure that's what she calls it - wasn't much sun!)

Lori was so helpful on my first trip to Greenville. She's a Greenville ambassador and they should give her a raise.

The only downside (ha!) was the 3-course breakfast. Honestly, it was to die for, but I had to take a long walk afterward. If I ate like Lori fed me every day, I'd be as big as a house.

Thank you for a lovely stay!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business