“Superb...”

Pettigru Place Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Greenville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Very comfortable with excellent service in a very conveniently located beautiful setting gorgeous flowers, 1/2 mile to downtown main street with many retaurants, shops. Delicious innovative breakfasts different every morning. Excellent Coffee, drinks, snacks available at any time along with wine/cheese/grapes in afternoon. Many amenities in each room. My wife's 50th high school reunion (which previously unknown to us) party right next door at Poinsetta Club.

Room Tip: We had the smallest room which was perfect for us. A large room next door with separate jacuzzi and...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lilysouthcarolina

Reviewed 19 May 2012

My husband and I recently stayed and had a wonderful time. Perfect location close to Bi-Lo Center and downtown Greenville. Plus, we were served a great breakfast the next morning! Would stay here again the next time we are staying overnight in Greenville.

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan P
Reviewed 3 May 2012

While the B & B was nice and the food was quite tasty, as a solo traveler I was surprised when I was asked to move from the large breakfast table where I had been chatting with a nice couple. The inn keeper apologetically told me that she wanted to keep a family of 4 together...... turns out there were enough chairs, so I was allowed to stay at the large table. Awkward..................
Then on day 2 while I was chatting with the family of 4, I was again asked to leave the community table and placed at a small table in order to "make room" for 2 couples she wanted to keep together. So needless to say, I was very disappointed in this inn keeper...........and was speechless to be asked to move two days in a row.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank P W
Pettigru, Owner at Pettigru Place Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2012

Here at Pettigru Place we hate to learn we disappointed one of our guests. Our aim is to have everyone leave happy. Unfortunately we weren’t aware of this issue until after this guest left.

We love when our visitors interact with one another. This usually works out wonderfully in our small dining room. However, on rare occasions, like the dates mentioned above, our large table for eight and our two small tables for two have to be arranged in such a way to accommodate everyone. Had we known our Solo Traveler would have been unhappy sitting at the adjacent table we could have scheduled dining times differently or set up our sunroom for breakfast service.

Striving to fix any problems before they arise or at the very least before the guest leaves is our greatest priority. The worst part of this situation is that we could have found a way to satisfy everyone if we were aware of our guest's disappointment.

We look forward to taking care of all our guests in the future and we would be glad to make things right for PW given the opportunity.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

My father and I were traveling from Athens, GA to Richmond, VA and were looking for somewhere to stay as we headed out of GA. My dad keeps tons of travel info from years past and although skeptical of his old school ways...he always finds great accommodations. We came upon Pettigru's info and seeing that it fell into our travel route nicely, he called immediately to book a room.

He spoke with the B&B hostess, Lori, who offered a two bedroom/2 bathroom suite with common sitting room for us. I imagine it was reasonably priced and we quickly accepted this. Lori then asked if we had any special dietary needs and my dad mentioned his needs and I told her I am Gluten sensitive.

It happened that we were driving from Charlotte, NC to GA that AM and my dad suggested we call Pettigru for a lunch suggestion as we drove through the area. Janette(?) made several suggestions and we did stop in Greenville for lunch, which was great. See review for MaryBeth's!

Upon on return into Greenville that evening, we were greeted by Lori and shown to our fabulous rooms. She showed us a common area where coffee, tea and soft drinks were offered, and some homemade chocolate chip cookies. She then pointed out that she left me some homemade gluten free chocolate chip cookies in my room! And they were so delicious! I actually asked her for some baking tips and she was kind enough to share.

My dad and I mentioned we'd be looking for a place for dinner so Lori suggested we look through the binder of local restaurant menus, then made some specific suggestions as well. All the while, dad and I sipped on some lovely merlot and snacked on cheese and fruit Lori provided for us!

I typically try to keep my reviews short, but there's just too much to say to cut it short! So... After a great night's sleep, we awoke to an amazing breakfast, starting with some fresh fruit, a gluten free crepe for me and veggie frittata, dad had a normal crepe and egg/sausage scramble.

With our bellies full and being well rested we were off to Richmond without needing to stop for another meal during our travels that day!

I would HIGHLY recommend Pettigru Place to anyone traveling to or through Greenville!

Thank you Lori for a fantastic stay!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank HollyDawnPT
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We really enjoyed our time at Pettigru Place. We stayed in the brass giraffe. The shower was wonderful. I hope we didn't use all the hot water. Huge fluffy towels too! It was great. Breakfast was a not just breakfast but an experience. YUM! I never had a three course breakfast in my life! We were not hungry until dinner! Lori is a great innkeeper! We really had a great time!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank deemeck
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Reall great room fireplace, free wifi awesome southern breakfast felt at home very relaxing

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank pdolamore
Reviewed 22 January 2012

My husband found this place for my birthday get-away. We stayed tin the Carolinian room that has just been renovated. It had everything we needed and more than many B&B's. Loved the Charleston themed room and bathroom. The king sized bed had plenty of pillows and comfortable linens. There were chairs and an ottoman for relaxing and reading. Lori has just added a flat screen TV on wall above a faux fireplace. The fireplace provided a warm ambience for the cold season we were in. Want to come back to sit out on the private balcony with seats and table in warmer weather. The bathroom was spa-like with its jacuzzi tub and large glass shower but retained it's Charleston theme with iron work accessories and large wall mural. She has thoughfully added the touches of small bowl of chocolates, coasters and the usual shampoo. The bubble bath for the jacuzzi made warming up after a night out just delightful. Even added a touch of whimsy with a little rubber duck. Just outside the room is coffee/tea and cooler for soft drinks. Wine and cheese and crackers are brought to you on a silver tray on arrival if you wish. After a great meal out, we returned to find my hubby had arranged with Lori to have champagne chilling and the silver tray had been replenished with a heart-shaped cheesecake (awesome) and chocolate dipped strawberries! Breakfast was served in the dining room where we enjoyed meeting the other guests. I'm already looking forward to another visit to this special place. It is in walking distance to the Bi-Lo Center where many concerts etc are held and downtown Greenville businesses.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple