“The Best of the Best”

Ranked #1 of 5 Greenville B&B and Inns
DC Metro Area
“The Best of the Best”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We've stayed at a lot of B&Bs over the years, but whenever we think of them, Pettigru Place always zooms to the top of our list of favorites. We first stayed there when our son was a sophomore at Furman University -- nearly 10 years ago -- and never stayed anywhere else on our frequent trips to Greenville. Unfortunately, our son is now in Florida and we haven't been able to make it back to Greenville in many years. One day we will return, and we wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. We always felt like we were coming to our home away from home and always hated to leave.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank emacco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Pettigru Place is on the top of our list for bed and breakfasts - and we stay in many. The house was beautifully decorated, but very comfortable - even a room set up for puzzle working. Close proximity to the town. The breaksfasts were outstanding - we stayed for three breakfasts and was overwhelmed at the creativity and taste. But our more fond memory is about the owner, Lori. She is world class, talked with us over wine and cheese, provided information about the city, relocation advice. The owners are what make a bed and breakfast stay special and she did. We certainly hope to return sometime in the future and fatten up on some of that french toast!
Thank you.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kayakva1
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Recently, I traveled to Greenville for their yearly Euphoria food and wine festival with 4 other girlfriends. We opted for Pettigru B&B and we weren't disappointed!

This historic B&B is a short walk (8-10min) from downtown Main street. The house is very well kept and the owner, Lori (or Lauire) was friendly and welcoming. We arrived a bit early and we asked for some suggestions for brunch near by while the rooms were still being cleaned. She was cheerful and happy to assist.

This B&B has 5 rooms, 4 on second floor and one on bottom floor. I got to see 3 of the 4 rooms located upstairs and each one was cozy looking and well decorated with their own themes. Each has it's own bathroom as well which is a great convenience for all guests. The largest bedroom has a private balcony which was large enough to fit the 5 of us comfortably.

Lori offers a happy hour with cheese, crackers and fruit with domestic beer or wine. We had this in the sitting room the first night that we arrived and it made us immediately feel welcome and like the house was all ours.

Each morning breakfast is served when you like and is enough to keep you satisfied well into lunch time. Upstairs you'll find a fridge, coffee makers and homemade cookies to snack on.

I would definitely recommend this B&B to anyone and next time I'm in Greenville, I'll stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask how big the room is, one of the 3 upstairs was much smaller than the others but ver...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank MichChick
Barboursville, West Virginia
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This was my first time staying at a B&B and I loved it! It was very clean and the decor was just beautiful. The hospitality was wonderful and breakfast was fantastic. If I am ever in the Greenville area again, I would definitely stay at Pettigru Place!

Room Tip: I stayed in The Green Room and would request this room on a future visit. It has a separate sitting...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Neptune City, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Over the past 26 years of marriage, we've stayed in several B&B's and Pettigru Place tops them all for food, hospitality, and comfort! (The bed was so comfortable we wanted to take it home with us!) We're considering re-locating from the Northeast to the Greenville area and we picked Pettigru Place as our "base" as we toured around the Upstate area. We could not have made a better selection! We were looking for a place that was restful and just "lovely". That is Pettigru Place. What a treat! The breakfasts were truly gourmet (the "Golden Souffle" with berries was scrumptious!). The staff was warm and friendly. We just felt so welcome there. Also, loved the "dessert" puzzle on the felt board in the side room where anyone in the house could "tinker" with it if they wanted to take on the challenge. Thank you, Lori and staff, for being such wonderful hosts!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
jersey
Reviewed 13 September 2013

The b&b is situated close to main st greenville and the falls parks. The b&b is exceptionally well maintained inside and out. The staff are friendly and always offering there assistance. I would highly recommend this place to anyone. It has the class of European hotels and elegance.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank JerseyBenp
ANDERSON
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My husband and I have stayed in Bed and Breakfast establishments in several different cities.
Pettigru Place is among one of the best that we have been in.
The setting is lovely. When walking up to Pettigru Place, the grounds are inviting and pretty. There are flowers everywhere. The yard is well kept and in great condition. It seems as if you are walking in a small English garden (or how I imagine such a garden would be like).

We were met, at the front door, by the manager she was friendly and welcoming. She walked us to our room and gave us information along the way.
I love antiques and there are really pretty antiques on display, as well as, an antique refrigerator being used to chill sodas, at the top of the stairs. That was such a neat and unexpected touch!

In the hallway, there is a station where guests can make fresh coffee (a Keurig is there). The owner had some really good oatmeal chocolate chip cookies on the little coffee station. They were so good, I had to make sure I only ate two. I was tempted to have more.
There are also other breverages available, for guests.

Before we arrived, Lori emailed to ask if we had any dietary restrictions. I was pleased and impressed that she remembered what we told her.
The breakfast was outstanding. We also shared breakfast with other guests (which is one of the bonuses of eating at a B&B) everyone seemed to be relaxed and Lori made sure that there was plenty of coffee, juice, and fresh fruit to go around. We had french toast and a creme brulee that was just outstanding. The breakfast along is worth the stay.

Our room was so charming and peaceful. We stayed in the Rosamunde room. The adjoining bathroom had a claw foot tub! I was so excited about it, I could hardly wait to use it. The shower head was great, according to my husband. The room is not very spacious, so, if you need a larger room, you might need to enquire about another one. The space was large enough for me and my husband. He is a taller and larger man, if that is helpful.

Lori brought up some cheese, grapes and we had a nice tea on the evening that we arrived ( she also offered wine so I know that this is an option).

I cannot say enough good things about our experience here. It has been a rather trying last few weeks and coming to Pettigru Place was a welcome respite.
The host was friendly and welcoming. Our room was tranquil and really pretty.
Everything looked clean and well cared for.
We had a wonderful time and I would recommend this B&B to anyone in the area.
I will say that from the Rosamunde Room, I could hear people when they arrived at the B&B around ten in the evening but the noise level was not high it was just noticable.

I hope to visit thisPettigru Place again. It was amazing I hate to continue complimenting this place, as I want my review to seem objective. However, they truly went out their way to ensure that our stay was as positive as possible.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple