“Great experience”

Ranked #71 of 948 Restaurants in Greenville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 October 2013

If you know Greenville this restaurant is located in a mob scene of chain restaurants. We made a reservation for 26 (yes 26) for dinner on a Friday night. The restaurant handled it beautifully. The servers were knowledgeable and did not miss a beat. The food came quickly for a group this size and was very good. The menu is extensive offering options to those who might not favor Chinese as their favorite food. It has a full bar. The host and hostess checked in on us and were a pleasure to talk to and deal with. The prices were fair. I cannot think of a single thing to criticize. We would absolutely return.

Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

This restaurant serves very nice and authentic Chineese food. The atmosphere is very serene the ambience quite pleasing and the staff is very polite and the service is quick and efficient.
The food is quite tasty and we love to eat here.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

This is probably the best Chinese food I have ever eaten, in my life. From the soups to the appetizers to the entree...perfect. And the service? Forget it. Can't remember the last time I was in a restaurant where I would get refills on my drink well before I finished the other one. Love this place.

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

I am a frequent traveler - 2 million miles under my belt. As such I eat out quite often.

My husband and I have frequented Lieu's since they opened - +10 years. In fact we go almost weekly - a special treat before my husband drops me off at the airport!

We are both pretty picky about restaurants. We expect great food, a nice atmosphere, and great service. The price we pay should reflect the overall experience. We are willing to pay a little extra to ensure consistent quality and service.

You would think that after 10 years of weekly visits there might have been an occasion or 2 where things weren't perfect - NOPE! Peter's brother always ensures the food is consistently GREAT. The wait staff are well trained and always under Peter's watchful eye. Our favorite waiter (Nam) has been with Peter and Francis since the beginning!

Oh wait - I do remember a meal that I didn't care for ... Although it was at AZIA's (another favorite, same owners) ... I didn't realize the dish I ordered was full of onions (which I don't care for). I was sitting at the bar and Peter noticed I wasn't eating with my usual gusto. I explained I had ordered something that was good, but not to my liking. He immediately removed my plate and within minutes brought me something else. It wasn't that the meal was bad, I just ordered the wrong thing.

In closing let me just say that I am in San Francisco on a weekly basis. Lieu's out shines anything in China town! The closest we have found to Lieu's is a restaurant in Parametta Australia - The Blue Dragon!

... So it is truly the best Asian I have had , in the world.

1  Thank viteksc
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We love us some Chinese food and have eaten it in many, many cities. This restaurant is decent - good quality food with good service. We started with the pan seared pork dumplings - which were huge and had great flavor. We had main meals of sesame chicken, combination lo mein, and beijing beef. The beef was super tender and had a nice light chile flavor. The amount of food is daunting but awesome for leftovers!! We will definitely be returning.