“Excellent Service Combined with Fantastic Steak” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Larkin's On The River

Larkin's On The River
Reserve with OpenTable
Larkin's On The River is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 900 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broad & Main
Description: Larkin's on the River is an award-winning restaurant serving premium cut steaks, fresh seafood, and fine wines. Every menu item is created with the freshest ingredients and served with a creative flair. Larkin's on the River at the Peace Center for the performing arts, is situated in the heart of downtown Greenville, along the banks of the Reedy River, in the old Gower Coach Factory. This is the only building remaining of the original eleven dating back to Civil War. With beautiful preserved exposed brick walls and open ceilings, the history of the building serves as the perfect backdrop to the modern and hip atmosphere Larkin's on the River offers. Serving Lunch Monday - Saturday 11:30 - 2pm Brunch on Sunday 11 - 2pm Dinner Monday - Saturday 5 - 10pm Sunday 5 - 9pm
Greenville, South Carolina
“Excellent Service Combined with Fantastic Steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a great place to eat a nice steak meal. The quality of food is top notch and the service is there to match. The atmosphere is really good for a romantic date as well. When you make reservations, ask for one of the cozy curved booths.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Greenville, South Carolina, USA
“Patio Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great lunch on the patio. Service was excellent. Waiter was fine with several changes to the basic menu.

• Visited May 2014
Graniteville
“Good food, Limited menu, large portions, high prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We were looking for something close to the hotel with something light for husband whose stomach was not feeling right. Decided to try Larkin's. We were seated immediately. I did not have much to choose from on the menu because I either do not eat what they were offering or I was not paying that much for one meal. I ordered the pork tenderloin with Brussels sprout hash and sweet potatoes. It was delicious. Unfortunately, I wasted half of the pork. I would have preferred a smaller, manageable portion with corresponding price. (They charge $5 sharing fee.) Husband ordered She-Crab soup (~$9) and ate about half of it. It was a very large portion and my taste was very good. You would need to be very hungry to order the soup and a meal. I asked if the desserts could be packaged to go. The waiter said they could. When we looked at the menu most came with ice cream and were around $9. I would suggest researching the menu before going. The location and atmosphere is nice, but you do not want to pay for food you do not really want.

Aiken, South Carolina
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

We came to Larkins on the River during the Scottish games and for my husband's birthday. We sat down to a congratulatory birthday card and immediately got drinks.finally, We both ordered the spinach and arugula salad and free range pork tenderloin. Pork was tender and juicy and seasoned perfectly. They allowed my hubby to sub broccolini for the sweet potatoes that came with the dish. Finally they gave us a free berry cheesecake for birthday. Wonderful meal and service!

“Pricey but very good food - best she crab soup ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

The reason for 4 instead of 5 stars for me is due to price. I totally get, however, why they need high prices at this location in downtown, and it is very upscale. We tried it on a gift card and had a blast. My husband loved his steak and I my lamb. I also had a chance to taste the more expensive lobster on the menu as well as a few desserts, and all were delicious. But by far my husband declares that they make the best she-crab soup around, even better than the places he sampled on the coast last week... That's pretty huge as she-crab is a huge favorite of his. Overall I'd go back if it was more in our budget BUT I'll still surprise my husband with takeout she-crab now and again :-)