“Yum! A hidden gem in the unlikeliest of places.”

Sweet Basil Thai Cuisine
Ranked #69 of 930 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Greenville SC was the last place I expected to find good Thai food. My sis moved down here a few months ago and had an opportunity to feel some places out before my visit. She raved about this place and I can see why. All the standard stuff met the bar (Thai iced tea, fish cakes, sticky rice) and the Garlic Soft Shell Crab was perfect. Service was friendly. I will return. If you are a local and haven't tried it, get going.

There are newer reviews for Sweet Basil Thai Cuisine

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Worth a try if you like Thai food. Environment was nice, staff attentive, food slow to come out, but very good. Satay Chicken appetizer was very good and the peanut sauce was wonderful. Not like peanut butter, but creamy and mildly spicy with hint of peanut. Perfect. Wife got Spicy Basil Chicken. Can't comment on this because they left basil out. I got Pad Prik King. Very good but I lost sense of taste after 5 or 6 bites. Wife and I like hot, peppery food and Greenville area just does not know what hot is. When given choice, we order food hot & spicy. Usually very mild. Not Sweet Basil. They know what HOT is. This was even hotter than we have experienced in a long while. Medium will do for most. Mild for even more. Our next visit we will order mild and see if we can taste it better.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stopped by to order dinner for take-out to visit a friend who had recommended Sweet Basil. We ordered the food and sat at the bar while waiting and enjoyed a glass of wine. I was so impressed watching the wait staff communicating with each other, treating everyone who had come in like each one was the most important person in the restaurant. Everything clicked like clockwork. We were assured every so often that our order was coming up, not that it was taking longer than expected, but that we were important too! My next visit to Sweet Basil will be to dine in and experience great customer service and an awesome dinner! Needless to say, we all finished every last bite of our dinner. Highly recommend this restaurant! Info on $$? Not sure because it didn't matter being so impressed with compete package!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

My family and I have eaten a number of times at this restaurant and you really cannot fault it.

The staff are very friendly, the service is prompt and the food is very good with plenty of spice for those that like it, and can be very mild for those who don't.

It does get busy and is not open on Sundays. Take out is great as well.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

It gets crowded so best to make reservation. On Pelham and 14, not in the heart of Greenville,good food and reasonable prices and great service.