“nice location”

Overlook Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I ordered the special potato cheddar soup on a cold evening out on the patio. I was expecting a thick, heart warming soup, but it was thin and watery. The flavor was good, but I was a bit disappointed in my soup.

However, we were there for a dog event, and I appreciated that the animals were welcome out on the patio area.

2  Thank Ginnie C
There are newer reviews for Overlook Grill

Reviewed 5 October 2012

Food was good and lovely place to sit and experience the Falls while eating. Would have liked to have seen some small fans to help ward away the flies, which were a bit of a nuisance.

1  Thank JcH1232013
Reviewed 5 October 2012

We had a business lunch here and it's my first visit since Table 301 took over. I had a Tuna Tataki Salad which was one of the lunch specials. It was very good. I was trying to behave myself and not overeat but one of my lunch mates ordered the steak sandwich and just raved about. I know it looked great. An actual steak sliced up and put on the sandwich. I thought about sneaking some off his plate. And the weather was beautiful so we sat outside. You don't get a much better place to sit unless you're on the coast and even then it's a competitive spot. My only complaint is the pigeons are getting a little obnoxious. Seriously folks, STOP feeding the pigeons. (Not the patrons, but people sitting a few feet away in the park.) If you haven't visited Greenville, do come and do get out walk around our downtown. It's the best in the USA.

1  Thank Sinistral
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I ordered a salad there, with grilled chicken, veggies, etc. Everything was cold on lettuce, and the flavor was poor. It took 25 minutes.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stopped solely because of the incredible view -- 5 Stars.
The menu was surprisingly unusual -- Our waitress (Franki) was awesome; she had suggestions and knew the menu completely. I decided on the fried green tomatoe BLT, I asked our her to hold the pimento cheese (I hate pimento cheese) - she said "you HAVE to try it -- I'll put it on the side -- it really makes the sandwich." ...she was RIGHT, this was not my mother's pimento cheese, and it made the sandwich fantastic. My wife had the fried chicken/watermelon salad -- it too was recommended and was equally fantastic.

A great lunch experience.
5 stars for view.
5 stars for service.
5 stars for food.
and the prices were certainly reasonable.