“Always average”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Always average”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stopped by for an early dinner. The wait was a average. Ding under 30 min. The stem was fatty (6oz) but cooked medium as requested. The presentation was pour. I would rather have a smaller plate then a large plate that looked like it was missing something . The sweet potato was perfect. So the next time I go to a longhorn steakhouse I will order a salad and potato. Does that sound sad ?

• Visited July 2013

“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

This was not the first time we had beento Longhorn, however, when we visited last Sunday, it seemed as though something had changed in the kitchen. We ordered breaded asparagus appetizer, which came out with no problem. Delicious...highliy recommended. Then came the soups. French Onion Soup is supposed to have the cheese melted on top and the soup is supposed to be hot. Neither of which was happening. When I told the waitress that the soup was cold, she looked at me like...what? She took it back in the kitchen and returned 5 minutes later with a dish so hot it could have easily burned someone's mouth had you not eaten carefully. They had obviously microwaved this soup to death because the croutons had blown up inside the soup and there was little broth left in the bowl. It tasted terrible. Then, I ordered coffee and she brought me a cup of coffee....again, the coffee was cold. I told her the coffee was cold and she said that she had to make some new coffee. She brought me a new hot cup of coffee...that was great. The entire dinner service was a disaster and the food was also. Something is terribly wrong in the kitchen at Longhorn....because we have eaten there on several occasions and never had this type of issue before. Possibly, their is a new person getting out the food, or a new chef, or a new person supervising the servers. Something is new and not working. The dinner was disappointing. I think I'll wait to return hoping that they fix whatever is wrong.

Visited June 2013
Belton, SC
“always good”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Went by for Sunday lunch and as always every thing was great. Good food, good price, good service. A staple for the wife and I.

Visited May 2013
“Quick and Tasty Lunch”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Before today, I would never have considered making the trip to Longhorn Steakhouse at lunch time. Woodruff Rd is notorious for gridlock. However, I was out of the office on an errand when I got an invite, so I decided to take a chance.

I arrived in time for an early lunch (11:30). The traffic was not a problem at that time.

The lunch combination special was a terrific value. The server brought our drinks and bread promptly. My salad was fresh and delicious. The sirloin sandwich was tasty and filling (combo $8). My husband enjoyed his prime rib sandwich (combo $9). The loaded potato soup was rich and filling. It's cheesy goodness would make it the perfect comfort food.

The food was good and the service was fast enough for a short lunch break.

• Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our group waited almost 1 hour to be seated.”
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

The good:
Waitress were very nice to the kids, always had refills of soda/beer on the table, mushrooms were very good and we had 2 waitress for our group of 12 people.
The bad:
Waiting area didn't have every many seat to sit in for a saturday evening, our group had to wait almost 1 hour to be seated, when we arrive to our table they had us sitting in 2 different tables in different spots (split the group up :(, we order stuffed mushrooms but, they didn't bring out plates for the stuffed mushrooms, 1/3 of our group had to ask for silverware, and because we had over 6 people in our group we atomically got charged 18% for tip on each receipt.

Note: When you come to Longhorn - it is "first come first served". When you have a big group of people you have to wait on space :( The restaurant is crowded for sitting a large group.