“Would stay again”

Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall
Ranked #30 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed three nights and really have nothing bad to say. I believe the lobby was recently remodeled. Room was not very fancy but was clean and staff was friendly. parking was convenient. Located just behind Stax Omega restaurant that has great food.`

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Erik R
RICSH, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Thank your for your positive feedback. Please be sure to look for us again during your next visit to Greenville, SC. Thank you!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We recently spent one night at this hotel. It has been been remodeled in the last couple of years. The rooms were like all other Courtyards, but it was very clean. The mattress was very soft, I do prefer a harder mattress.
The staff was nice and friendly. It seemed to be in an older part of Greenville, but not that far from newer restaurants and shopping centers. It is very close to the Haywood Mall.
We would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your positive feedback during your stay. We look forward to accommodating you in your return to Greenville!

Reviewed 21 December 2013

stayed 5 nights in this hotel this week

this was my third stay in this hotel in the last two years

same comments = nothing negative to say about it. rooms clean, excellent bed, good breakfast and staff very friendly and very helpful

i definitively recommend

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
RICSH, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback on your stay. We are delighted to hear that you have been a loyal guest of our hotel and are looking forward to being your home away from home during your future travels to the area.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed here last week for the first time and was impressed with the facility. The lobby is well appointed for a hotel in this bracket. I especially enjoyed the lower level area where small groups could gather and not impede others moving through the lobby. The rooms were clean and well appointed. The facility is secure. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
RICSH, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay! I am glad to hear that you had the opportunity to enjoy our lobby while staying with us. We hope to accommodate you again during your future travels to the area.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I was in G'ville for business and booked this property. It was clean, super quiet and well-appointed. Best in-room lighting of any hotel I have ever stayed in. I will be back and would recommend to anyone staying in the area.

Room Tip: 158, 258, 358 has no neighboring room on the bedroom side.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank conhig61
RICSH, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We thank you for your business and hope to accommodate you during your future travels to the area.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a wedding a few days ago. We were happy with the hotel. The room was comfortable. The size of the television was more than adequate (I am a sports fan and it's football season!). The towels in the room were rough.

The only complaint that I have is the food in the 'bistro'. It is cheap food that is way overpriced. We paid over $20 for 2 'breakfasts'. The eggs were soggy. The bacon was burnt. The best part of the breakfast was the dry toast. Really. We went elsewhere the next day for breakfast.

Overall, not a bad stay, but I will look elsewhere the next time that I stay in Greenville.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
RICSH, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay. Please accept my sincere gratitude for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Greenville Haywood Mall! I realize there are many hotel options in the area and appreciate your patronage. Marriott takes great pride in delighting each of our guests, and i apologize for the quality of your breakfast food. We take any feedback very serious and it will be addressed with my team. Please contact the hotel directly if i may be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I base my reviews on my 5 key categories:

1) CLEANLINESS: The exterior of the hotel doesn’t look that great so I was worried about the inside, but room was very clean.
2) QUALITY: Lobby was nice and updated. The rooms were fine, everything clean and bed was comfortable. Only odd thing in room was tv located to the side of bed – had to turn your head 90 degrees to watch tv.
3) LOCATION: If you could pick this hotel up & move it, it would help. Is located next to a vacant restaurant and run-down apt complex. Convenient enough to downtown but not the greatest neighborhood.
4) BATHROOM: Bathroom was clean & adequate, plenty of hot water and water pressure. Nice to have vanity outside of bathroom.
5) EXTRAS: Lobby “go board” was neat and market café was nice.

COMMENTS: This property was fine for a night, an average property for a decent price. I debated as to whether to pay the extra $ to stay at the Courtyard downtown and if we go back, I probably would. We ate brunch at Nantucket Seafood located inside the Courtyard downtown (see review) and it was a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
RICSH, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thank you for sharing you feedback on your stay. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Some of our rooms are layed out differently and have the tv and dresser located on the right of the bed, which makes it difficult to watch TV at times. Additionally, we are certainly aware of the condition of the exterior of the hotel and I apologize if this has caused any inconveniences during your stay. However, we are currently in the process of improving our landscaping as well as repaving our parking lot area. This project should be completed within the next month.
Thank you again for taking the time to describe and share your experience while travelling to the area. We are hoping that you may consider giving us the opportunity to accommodate you during your future travels to Greenville.