“Average”

Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall
Ranked #30 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 May 2014

If you don't want to pay extreme prices for a room Downtown Greenville, this Courtyard is only a 5 minute easy drive from there, and it's close to a good shopping mall and places to eat.

It does appear to be an older Marriott, but they've upgraded the Lobby - but who spends a lot of time there?? And, there are several places in the area to find a good breakfast instead of the overpriced items at the hotel. WHY can't they offer a Continental Breakfast?????

The rooms are clean and the bed is comfortable. But, if you want a decent pillow - take your own.

The grounds around the hotel seem to be kept in good order, but the shrubs around the pool area are overgrown.

We were out all day - came back to find our room not attended by Housekeeping. Said they were too busy.

When we checked in - the gentleman on duty was very cordial, helpful, and welcoming. Later, we went to the Front Desk for information 2 separate times - no one available. At one point, the gentleman from the bar area came over to "help". He was not able to answer any questions about getting around downtown Greenville - which was only 5 minutes away. At check-out, again, no one was at the front desk.

OVERALL, if you like Courtyards, I think you'll be OK with the stay since it is in a good location, but keep in mind it's AVERAGE.

Room Tip: Rooms around the pool can be noisy during the summer.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
RICSH, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay and receive the best costumer service and we seem to have dropped the ball during your stay. We will take this a learning opportunity and I will share your feedback with my team. I am very sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Please contact the hotel directly if i can be of any additional assistance.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Upon check in for a 4 night stay, the room we had reserved was "not available" until the next night. The front desk "lead" (sorry, I don't remember her name) was awesome! She gave us that night's room for free, and coordinated all of our things being moved to the correct room the next day! All of the employees that we encountered were friendly and helpful. The room was spotless and very quiet (3rd floor, #328). We will definitely stay here again when in the area visiting family. THANKS!

Room Tip: Bed was a little too soft but that's just a personal preference.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
RICSH, Manager at Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I am very excited to hear that our staff member was able to work with you so that your stay was not affected. We look forwarded to seeing to you again during your next visit!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stay at this hotel almost every time I am in the area on business. The staff is friendly and the rooms are nice. It is close to good restaurants and shopping as you should need and right off the interstate so you can get to all locations around Greenville easily. Great food and service at the Bistro too. Good area to sit and do work if you don't want to be in your room. There is an outdoor pool and fire pit should you want to relax.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
RICSH, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you have been choosing us for your travels to the area and hope to continue to be your number one choice when travelling to Greenville.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

The hotel and staff was exceptional. We really loved our stay. The only thing i didn't like is there wasn't a full length mirror in the room. I couldn't put on my make-up comfortably and i couldn't check out my full outfit....

Room Tip: I didn't was to leave my room...so clean
1  Thank Emily P
RICSH, Manager at Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you for your positive feedback. Our staff take great pridein giving great customer service. We look forward to seeing you during your next stay in Greenville.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Just needed a spot to sleep as I was in town on some personal business. The lobby has been remodeled and my room was very nice. It was not as large as some other Courtyards in which I have stayed but it was clean and very comfortable. Nice HD TV, comfortable bedding, hot shower, quiet... I didn't eat or use any other services so I can't comment on them but the location is not too far from Greenville's mall.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
RICSH, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for providing your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that we were able to provide a comfortable stay and help you recharge and refresh during your travels to the area. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance. We hope that you choose us for your future travels to Greenville.

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Service is great. Nice rooms. Comfy beds. Staff is very well put together and care about you and the way they present themselves. Nice bar with good atmosphere. Beer is cold and good. Quiet balcony with relaxing view. I like the wifi in the booths at the bar.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us! I am glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of our amenities during your stay. We hope that we can continue providing you with a great guest experience during your future travels to the area.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was very clean and functional. The common areas were clean also. One of the better courtyards at which I have stayed. My only beef with courtyards in general now are the bistro breakfast area us so much more expensive than the previous restaurant format.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank All4Yahweh
RICSH, Manager at Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. Our staff takes great pride in delivering great customer service to all of your guest. We look forward to seeing you again when you are visiting the Greenville, SC area.