“Personnel Very Conscientious, Room Great”

Wingate by Wyndham Greenville
Ranked #22 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

So I went to the event that I came up to see. Ran through TripAdvisor and everyone wAs getting $55 rates on rooms here. I was really tired and just wanted to get a room asap. Well, the only way to get that price is to book it online. I was so silly, I went to their site but the rooms Aavailable were all $65. The young lady at checkin is I am sure, not able to help you get the most thrifty price. So, dude walks in and he showed me how to Priceline and get the preferable rate. Very nice patron who obviously knew the ropes. Well I got my $55 room but front desk lady told me How to use the preferred site, booking.com. Well it was worth $10 to me to just get in my room. Through booking.com there is more options for the customer. Good to know but I was really tired and did't want to go through riamaroll of DLing an app amd joining the folks at booking. I got my $55 room I was ok with that. Helpful fude showed me where he got his room for the night by bidding $45! I will be smarter next time. But I was not feeling well, and just wanted to get in bed!

I got rm 208. I noticed that two rooms close to me had accomodations for those that are differently abled. My room was very tidy and the bathroom was clean and furnished shampoo and all the std hotel supplies. TV was a bonus for me since I cut the cord and no longer have Dish or DirectTv. I got the king sized bedroom. Nonsmoking room. Was surprised that there were any rooms you could smoke in. There are.

Exit this morning was a bit difficult. I took a room key and went to get my change of clothes. When I got back to my room, no key. (Found it later.) so I went downstairs to checkin. Got another key made. Schlep back up stairs. Key won't work again! Getting pretty frustrated. I asked could a room cleaner let me in? Well it would have to be the head of maintenance and he wouldn't get there in another 15 mins. I am getting more and more pressed for time; all I want is to get back in my room! The lady that is responsible for setting up the breakfast was kind enough to get the master at the front desk and escort me to my room. (Very nice lady. Did not catch her name, but she used to work as a nurse.). I got going FINALLY got myself on the road; late, but thankfully moving toward my breakfast meeting.

I was so rattled at that point that of all things that would be stupid, I had set my medicine box on the roof of the car. I already had my mind on my meeting. Drove away and thankfully my medicine fell of in the parking lot. A kind patron picked up my basket of expensive Rx's and turned it all in to the front desk. I got a phone call before getting on the Xway letting me know the front desk had them. I think the desk clerk was Whitney but could be wrong. In any case (blonde shoulder-length hair, a little little bit heavy) this patron and desk clerk saved me hundreds of dollars. Am very grateful to the kind person that got it all together, and to desk clerk who was kind enough to call me.

I am now running very late for my meeting and my mapping app is being difficult, and I was definitely coming unglued. Just one of those days. It could have been much worse.

There was a little noise fom the common wall with another room, but just barely noticeable. WiFI was GREAT. Very comfortable. Aside from the problems I made for myself by loosing track of the room key, and being a bit upset about how to get the $55 rate that was advertised on TripAdvisor. So, I am going to check out booking.com. Every staff member there was gracious, but every last one looked scared--there are evidentally supervisors that the staff is nervous about pleasing the customer. Rules are being followed and carefully scripted replies are what you get. That should be noted to management, because leadership through fear is not leadership.

I am pretty picky about ammenities and cleanliness. I like the interior set up. My room met my picky standards, and the desk clerk that called me so I could do a quick u-turn and beat it back to get my perscriptions were appreciated. Most of the frustrations were caused by me. BTW, found the lost room key, in one of my pockets. Sigh. I would recommend this hotel to others and would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank brownthrasher
There are newer reviews for Wingate by Wyndham Greenville

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
kim k, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Reviewed 28 January 2014

1  Thank William B
Reviewed 27 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Reviewed 17 January 2014

This property is a former Hampton Inn which is the reason for the title of this review. The property is obviously extremely well-maintained looking at the public areas and outside. The room I was in was cleaned thoroughly for a new arrival and for stayovers. The front desk people I dealt with (Ms. Tiffany and Ms. Shellie) are both friendly and professional. Ms Patricia, who runs the breakfast, makes you feel at home and is a great asset to the property. I also had occasion to deal with the GM (Ms. Kessinger) who has great personality and customer service skills. The property is in a great location for eateries and easy driving to central Greenville.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo