“Good rooms but Nosie”

Ranked #23 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Kasilof, United States
“Good rooms but Nosie”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Rooms were very nice and clean, hotel has easy access to the highway and interstate, road noise was very minimal in the rooms, however we were on the ground floor and when guest were checking in and taking the luggage to the there rooms, there roller bags going down the hallways was a huge rumble in the rooms below. Otherwise was a good stay and good location easy in and out.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Richard P
pamelasolarek, General Manager at Best Western Greenville Airport Inn, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thanks for your review. I'm sorry the noise from bags rolling disturbed you. I am not sure there's anything we can do to remove that sound but we will certainly try to figure it out. We hope you will come and see us again! Kind Regards, Pamela Solarek GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Colchester, Vermont
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three days as I was visiting my daughter in Greenville. I paid $63.00 with my AAA discount, so I really didn't expect much but was hopeful for at least a clean place to sleep. I was surprised how much I liked this hotel. Check-in was a little slow as only one person was behind the desk, once I got to the front of the line of 4 people, everything went smoothly.

I parked my car right outside of my room. All the rooms are on the first floor. The room was quite clean and pretty large. There was a table to keep things on. TV was good and lots of cable stations. Both the sink in the bathroom and the shower had a wall mounted shampoo/soap dispenser. I thought this was much better than those little bottles and tiny soaps I always have a hard time opening.

Breakfast was a bit better than many I've seen. They had the normal waffle machine, but also had hot oatmeal, grits, and sausage gravy. I like the oatmeal and also the sausage gravy was better than what I've at many places. Never really like it much before, but it was very good there. They had biscuits and lots of pastries. Everything was quite good.

The airport was just a short 5 minute ride up rt 85. Downtown Greenville wasn't that far either...maybe 10-15 minutes of an easy ride.

I didn't go in the pool, but the pool area was pretty large and also very neat. Would be nice if I were to visit in the summer.

From now on, this is my place to stay when I go to Greenville.

Room Tip: I had one of the rooms towards the back and it was nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Greg B
pamelasolarek, General Manager at Best Western Greenville Airport Inn, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Thank you for writing such a great review. We do have second floor rooms too. I'm very happy to see you plan to make us your lodging choice in Greenville. We look forward to having you back. Pamela Solarek GM
Tampa, Fl, United States
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Overall The hotel was clean and the free breakfast was good. The only thing I wasn't to happy about was the check-in. The lady that checked me in was not very friendly and made me feel as if I was bothering her. I key didn't work the first time and when I returned to the desk, she talked to me as if I had the wrong room. Another lady at the first desk fixed it and I didn't have a problem after that. The check-out process was fast.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank Marguerita H
I'm sorry that you had a problem with your key. I wonder which lady made you feel like that. It is not our intention for you to ever feel that you are any bother. I'm glad everything else seemed good for you. Pamela Solarek GM
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 6 October 2013

. . . this is the hotel for you. Strangest thing I've ever seen at a hotel. Small groups of men and individuals standing around all over the outside of this hotel, smoking. Even in my non-smoking room, the smell of smoke wafted through the vent in the bathroom. Otherwise, the bed was firm and clean.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Kathy F
Small groups of men smoking sounds like you came to the hotel in the afternoon when construction workers maybe returned from their jobs. We've noticed they do stand around and talk some. Right now Greenville has 2 large construction projects and other smaller ones. The GSP airport is expanding and the BMW plant is too. A new Cabelas is being built. All of these projects bring construction workers to our area. I'm sorry this was a problem for you. Pamela Solarek GM
Greenwood, SC, United States
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Found this Best Western on the Internet. Liked the rate. Hotel was older but all rooms were updated and very satisfactory. Staff was very nice to deal with. Breakfast was somewhat weak on options but options tasted good. I would consider returning to this Hotel in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank David L. D
pamelasolarek, General Manager at Best Western Greenville Airport Inn, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. We really appreciate it. We hope the next time you are looking to get away you will choose is again. Pamela Solarek GM.
Corsicana, TX, United States
Reviewed 22 September 2013

After a weeklong stay in NC with family, we arranged an overnight stay in Greenville, SC, to be near the airport there for our journey back to TX. We used our reward points to reserve and pay for our night at the Best Western, and except for one glitch in our reservation, all went pretty good. The staff at check in/out was cooler than we had encourntered on the rest of our visit to the Carolinas, but the room was very nice. All the rooms are away from the busy street out front, so our night was quiet. The quality of the room was great with all updated appliances and linens. The Wifi was fast and easy to access. The bathroom sink and shower had soap, shampoo and lotion dispensers on the walls. That helped to keep the counters cleaner as we washed up to head out for meals. We didn't use the complimentary breakfast in the morning, but the room looked to be very clean, well stocked, and large enough to accommodate the motel's guests. We would definitely use this property again under the same circumstances.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Jack W
Thanks for your kind remarks. We hope you will use us again when visiting your family in the Carolina's. We have a great park n fly package. Pamela Solarek GM
Oakland, United States
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Nothing fancy about this hotel but for $79 it wasn't bad. It was clean, close to the airport and had a free shuttle and breakfast. Breakfast wasn't the best but it was plenty and hearty. I just stayed for one night so it wasn't so bad, but I don't know that I would stay much longer. There was a faint smell of mildew. However, the bed is very comfortable!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

pamelasolarek, General Manager at Best Western Greenville Airport Inn, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thanks for your review. If you had an odor in your room I hope that you reported the problem to our desk because we are quick to react to problems to make sure our guests are happy. We hope you will come see us again. We want to offer you superior customer care. Pamela Solarek GM