“Decent Hotel for the Price...but not perfect.”

Crowne Plaza Greenville
Ranked #27 of 63 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We stayed at this Crowne Plaza on New Years Eve for a concert. The rate was very good (under $100 for a king room) and the hotel was clean and pleasant. The room was exactly what you'd expect and the bed was comfortable though the pillows were hard. Location is convenient for most of Greenville, and the hotel operates a shuttle to the downtown area.

Our one disappointment was upon returning to the hotel at 1230am. We had hoped to get a glass of champagne at the hotel bar, but apparently all bars, restaurants, and room service ends by 11. We were told that the bars close because the Ruth's Chris restaurant attached to the hotel holds the ABC license and refuses to operate the bar late.

Overall a nice hotel for the price, but don't count on a nightcap.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nickpilot

Reviewed 18 November 2011

This was a fabulous hotel close to the airport, we stayed in while traveling through to a football game in columbia. The hotel was very well kept, and the rooms cozy and clean. The hotel also offered a shuttle to downtown area and our driver Xabien even walked us into our chosen destination. Abi at the bar was EXCELLENT and gave us recommendations on where to eat and go. There is also a Ruth Chris Steakhouse on the premises. Overall a wonderful value with southern charm that couldnt be beat!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank 1TP
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Hotel was convenient to an event downtown (7 min. drive). Parking was easy and free. Rooms are clean, nicely decorated and very comfortable. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. I forgot my toothbrush and the night security brought me one at 7am. Room set up was very spacious (king). Free wi-fi in room for guests was a bonus for my teenage daughter and her smartphone! Ricky at front desk was very accomadating. We will be back.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank DeanneI
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I got a great deal of $84 on a weekend rate at this hotel. The rooms are nice and spacious, but nothing extra special except for the bed - probably the most comfortable I've ever had in a hotel. The only negative I found is that the pool is open to the lobby and the smell of chlorine is noxious. However, you only have to be in the lobby for a short time to check in.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank msqare
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Great value and spacious clean space to stay. The hotel is located a very short drive from downtown and the airport. Breakfast is a great value, but it can get extremely busy and the service can slow down. Priority Club members receive great attentive front desk service. Check in and out was painless and there is a shuttle that runs to downtown.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Furman55
Reviewed 9 October 2011

I was welcomed by the most amazing staff! You can tell they love Greenville! They shuttled me downtown, told me places to eat, and made my first visit to Greenville one of the best! I have never written a review before, but I was blown away by the staff. I even got a hand-written card from the General Manager (Ghee Alexander) wishing my son a successful time at college. (I was dropping him off). My husband is a pilot for a major airline and I've traveled around the world and I have never received a more warm welcome from a hotel. Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
GAlexanderG, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about the hotel and the Team. I will be sure to share your comments with the Team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza next time you are in Greenville.

Ghee Alexander

Reviewed 26 September 2011

I just stayed at the Crowne Plaza for 3 nights during a trip to visit family. The good:
* Location - right off of I385 and very convenient to restaurants, retail, etc. In particular, I was thrilled that a Whole Foods Market was less than a mile away. There is also a very nice sports/fitness club less than 1/4 mile away.
* Staff - the staff was incredibly friendly and gracious. Everyone made me feel very welcome and helped with every request. I would particularly like to call out Rodney at the front desk - what a cut up!

The Average to Not so Great (nothing was bad, per se)

* The hotel is older and a bit worn. Bathrooms are a little shoddy, carpets don't feel immaculately clean. TVs are the old style tube TVs that are rare these days in all but the oldest places.
* The carpet in the main lobby had lots of wet spots that seemed to linger. This resulted in a pretty musty smell.
* The breakfast buffet was very average and had very few healthy options.
* The little fitness room is a minimal with very old equipment. Again, there is a fitness center close by, which I would use if I stayed there again.

For the money, however, the location and staff make it worth it the stay and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank karlgco

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about the Crowne Plaza Hotel. My name is Ghee Alexander, and I am the General Manager of the hotel. We take great pride in the Service we offer and I am glad that your experience was the same.
We are in the midst of a renovation that includes replacement of TV's with 32" flat screen TV's, upgrading furnishings in the guest rooms, re-doing the guest bathrooms(80% of rooms have been completed) and replacing equipment in the gym. We have installed new TV's in all the King rooms and will have the entire hotel completed by the end of December.

Thank you again for taking the time to review the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza the next time you are in Greenville.