“Front Desk” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Goose Creek, South Carolina
“Front Desk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Your front desk staff was very helpful thru out our stay. Dale gave us a dinner suggestion that was fabulous. Keep up the great work! The indoor pool was the perfect temp. My room was on the 4th floor and i did not hear any noise from above which is wonderful. The ac/heating unit was no where as bad as many hotels i have stayed at recently. Loved my stay!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Heather V
Christina S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Heather, thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza for your visit to Greenville. Your kind review is much appreciated. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. I will gladly inform Dale that his dinner recommendation suited you very well. Please come back and see us again soon. Until then, take care, and thanks again! Sincerely, Christina S.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

There was renovation going on at the hotel, but it did not affect the area I was staying. The loby has several computers available. The wi-fi in the room was free (quite slow) or for a fee one can get 3MBs. I chose the free and must admit that compared to my Charter at home with 30 MBs it was very slow.The room was perfect except for no microwave.I was offered free breakfast at Ruth's steakhouse insiidew the hotel. I do not know if everyone gets the breakfast or just Elite members of IHG.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Christina S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Greenville!

Christina
COLUMBIA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

This hotel is a couple of miles away from downtown Greenville but it is right on the expressway that gets you downtown fast. The advantage to staying hear is that the rates are usually much less expensive than the downtown hotels.
The hotel has recently been renovated and is very nice inside. There is a large open lobby/bar area and the elevator is located past the lobby. Using the side entrance near the elevator is useful, especially with luggage. Our room was very attractive, clean and quiet.
Breakfast is offered in the Ruth Chris restaurant area. While the food is not prepared by Ruth Chris, the room is very pleasant and the lady who oversaw the area was extremely pleasant and helpful. Food was very good.
This is a good alternative to downtown Greenville hotels when living on a budget.

Room Tip: Join Priority Club to get upgraded rooms when available
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

Good stay. Comfy beds. Clean rooms. Best crown Plaza I've stayed in yet! I will be staying here again next time I am in town.

The wifi signal was very weak and spotty, may have something to do with room being on 5th floor. May need to add some more routers.?

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Christina S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time complete a review of your stay at our property. Your feedback allows us to continually improve our service and better assist our guests. We look forward to hosting your next visit to Greenville. Thank you again, and enjoy the Holidays!
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

I have been traveling for years and new to the reviews. I stay in Greenville a good bit and wanted to take time to say how amazing everything looks after the transformation your property has gone threw. With the sparkling new location and the wonderful team. A professional front desk that knows me by name and has taken care of me for years. It was rough during some of the constructions and I may have stayed elsewhere some, However my home away from home is back. I dont rent a car when in town and that is a major amenity that causes me to try and stay at crowne plaza and the new chariot is quite lovely, however very high and the plastic stool is a nice gesture yet with a shiny new Mercedes step bars would be a bit more appropriate and stable as an elderly gentleman from the airport about fell off the plastic stool. The extremely helpful van driver (Allen I think) and another of your guest gave aid to the older man but was still very difficult and dangerous entering and exiting. Great Job CROWN PLAZA GREENVILLE it wil be great staying with you for many years to come.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Christina S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the new Crowne Plaza Greenville. Your kind review is very much appreciated and will be shared with our team. We look forward to hosting your future visits to our city. Again, many thanks, and Happy Holidays!
vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

The renovation has given me a whole new view of the Crowne Plaza. It now looks more like a Westin, which is clean and modern - a welcome change from some of the Crowne Plazas I've run into! The rooms are well appointed, and I was pleased to find an extremely clean room (tipped the housekeeper well for that! Always tip your housekeeper!) wonderful toiletries with this "relaxation kit" that I adored -- it had a nice smelling spray in it, and some lotions. Also, a fridge!

I was extremely comfortable during my trip, and the hosts were all very pleasant and knowledgeable -- not to mention empathetic when I explained that United had lost my bag!

If I were to pull in any negatives, they would be minor -- just the breakfast select (as I understand it is not comparable to what it was previously -- and it is much smaller and less varied than the Holiday Inn breakfasts -- which are free of charge), and I would also just say that I wish all Crowne Plazas offered the same amenities such as this, so I could always know what to expect.

I will stay here again when I visit Greenville!

2 Thank mulldacity
Thank you for selecting the Crowne Plaza for your recent visit to Greenville. I am delighted to read your warm compliments, and I will share your comments with our team. We look forward to serving you on your next stay. Thank you again, and Happy Holidays!
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

The hotel is good and comfortable for the price. However, there is a major issue with connectivity if you dont have your own car. Although they have a hotel provided shuttle service, there is just one of it with far too many guests and rules like "we dont go to downtown on the weekend". To make matters worse, the taxi company (yellow cabs) used by the hotel is very unprofessional. Twice, i got late for meetings because the taxi didn't turn up on time. On a particular day, i had to go to a place that was 3 miles away and the cabs didnt want to go there. The only option given to me by the hotel was a 50$ ride for 3 miles!! Again, the hotel is not willing to help here other than dial me a number and ask me to talk to the cab company.
This is not a good place for vegetarians as there are no veggie options (even the breakfast has no options) other than going to the haywood mall for which again one has to rely on the hotel shuttle.
I would not recommend this place for people who dont have their own rental car.

Ps: If you have to use cabs, use Budget Cabs

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Christina S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza for your recent visit to Greenville. Your feedback is extrememly valuable, and assists us in better serving our guests everyday. I regret that the shuttle service offered by the hotel did not meet your expectations. Please know that your comments regarding the cab services and breakfast options will also be addressed.

We sincerely hope for another opportunity to serve you. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and we hope to see you on your next visit.