“Conference place”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Milan, Italy
“Conference place”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My experience is limited to the Hyatt as a conference place. I did not sleep at this hotel. I found the air conditioning very disturbing, in fact I had to ask several times to raise the temperature. Other than that, it was a very nice place. A lot of space, and good service. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Gary C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience here at the Hyatt Regency Greenville during your conference. I am pleased that you found our meeting space to have very ample space and good service. I sincerely appreciate the fact that you would highly recommend us as well. We appreciate you choosing the Hyatt Regency for your conference and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.
Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
NC
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The room was quiet, comfortable, clean and well appointed with good lighting (which seems to be lacking in so many hotels). I also was delighted that they provided a tube of toothpaste (on of those little things that is much appreciated along with shampoo and conditioner in these days of airport security restrictions).
The room I stayed in met my needs for working and sleeping and I have absolutely no complaints at all (an outlet on the desk lamp would have been nice but it was easy enough to plug my laptop into the outlet under the desk).

Also, I had a rushed lunch in the restaurant one day and the staff did a great job of getting it to me quickly and the food was tasty. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. It is located directly on Main Street and it is easy to walk to a number of great restaurants and the Falls Park which is a nice break in a work day.

Special compliments to Brad at checkout who did a wonderful job of finding my membership number which did not make it with my reservation and who took care of a couple of other minor details for me with great efficiency and a wonderful attitude.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Gary C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Greenville. I was very pleased to read that you found the room to meet your needs and that the staff at Roost was also helpful in getting you fed and out, in an expeditious manner. Thank you for recognizing Brad. He is a very nice young man and is an asset to our front desk staff.
I appreciate your candor and hope it will not be too long before you return and allow us to serve you again.
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed for a few days at this hotel recently and found it friendly, comfortable and well situated for the main street of Greenville. It is at the start of the street, so it is easy to leave the hotel and walk down what is an interesting street to the riverside area.
As you can see from the title, I found the reception staff friendly and helpful and received a very warm welcome when I arrived. The decoration of the hotel is modern yet, warm, which I like.
The rooms were colorful and very comfortable. Do for me a hotel that I will stay in again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hyatt Regency Greenville. I was very glad to learn that you found the hotel staff to be friendly, the hotel comfortable and well situated at the epicenter of downtown Greenville. I am pleased that you found the reception staff friendly and helpful as well and that you received a very warm welcome when you arrived. We all appreciate your kind words and hope that you will return soon and allow us the pleasure of serving you again.
Florida
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Great location very nice hotel but the rooms were not pleasant I am warning everyone who needs too have A\C these rooms are on sensors so if you do not move about the room the A/C shuts off that means during the night as well it was soo hot and smelly without the A/C and the internet was horrible they told me on an I pad it has not been working well I thought all devices were the same I would never stay here again inconsiderate manager that will not call you back no matter how many times you call lucky that the staff is so good

Room Tip: make sure you ask for a fan or don't stay here if you are subject to over heating b/c they don...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MiMIFlorida
Gary C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience here at the Hyatt Regency Greenville. I am sorry you had issues with our A/C and internet. I must tell you that our A/C is not on any type of sensor. That sounds like a pretty high-tech type of system, that I wish we had, but do not. Therefore if you had a problem, it was mechanical and I will have our staff look at that immediately. We have just completed a complete expansion of our broad band and changed our internet provider, which has eliminated the issues you had while here. Also for your information, I Pads universally have a much harder time with connectivity than any other device. So, the problem you encountered is not unique. Finally, I am terribly sorry if you did not get a return call from one of my managers. You did not indicate in your posting if you left this request for my Front Office manager, Director of Operations, or myself. I make a practice of returning all calls left for me, and unfortunately, if you left a message for me, I did not receive it. I am sorry for any inconvenience, and because of that I would like to regain your confidence. When you are next in Greenville, please call my office and allow me to personally see to your reservation. Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Greenville, we hope to have the chance to serve you again.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We made our reservation for four nights with a king bed over three weeks ago. We checked in at 6:30 and was then told that my wife and I would be getting a room with double beds. After an uncomfortable experience with the somewhat inhospitable front desk person, I was offered a handicap room with a king bed.

I would like to understand why when you prepay a reservation...how do they not have the room you paid for and reserved.

This just reinforces why I am a Marriott Platinum Elite and Hilton Gold member!!!!

Room Tip: Make your reservation at another property.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Gary C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you for visiting the Hyatt Regency Greenville. I am sorry you did not receive the bed type that you requested. I also apologize if you felt our Desk Agent was less then hospitable. I can assure you we will discuss that with our staff. There is no doubt that not receiving what you thought you would be getting is frustrating and I certainly apologize for your inconvenience. However, I can tell you that bed types are always a request and never guaranteed. Even our friends at the other fine hotels will guarantee your reservation but not your bed type. Regardless, I would like very much to regain your confidence and when your travels bring you back to Greenville, please call my office and allow me to personally attend to your reservation. We do appreciate you choosing us and hope you will give us the chance to demonstrate how the Hyatt Regency Greenville can exceed your expectations.
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency earlier this month for a wedding. This was a great location to highlight all the happenings of downtown Greenville, and was close to most of the wedding festivities.
We had a corner room, which was shaped a bit like a triangle, with a king bed, on an upper floor, and we had requested an outside view, as some rooms have a view of the atrium and lobby. Our room was fairly quiet, bed very comfortable, plenty of room. The bathroom was a standard size and had very flattering lighting!
The hotel lobby is very nice, love the palm tree sculpture above the bar. The bar area is good meeting point for before or after dinner. We dined in the The Roost one night, came in late for something light and drinks, service and food were quite good.
The staff was great, we had to wait for one of our rooms, and they apologized and comp-ed us the wifi (charging for this is one of my pet peeves, so that made me happy!). The Hyatt has a wonderful concierge, very knowledgeable about Greenville!
Parking is in the deck next to the hotel, and for a $5 charge added to our bill, we were able to drive in and out as often as needed
Again, this is a great location for walking to restaurants, the Peace Center, and the great walking and biking trails at Falls Park. Walked to the Coffee Underground for breakfast one day, picked up bagels at Sully’s Steamers another. Loved the Green Room restaurant for lunch / brunch, Blue Ridge Brewery was good for lunch, nice outdoor seating.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Gary C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience here at the Hyatt Regency Greenville. We are pleased that the bride and groom chose us to help make that a very special day for them, and I am very pleased that you enjoyed the total experience. We are indeed in a great location; central to all shopping and dining in Greenville. I am also glad that our staff took very good care of your needs; on the front desk and through our concierge services. Thank you for your candor and hope that you will not wait for another wedding to visit us again.
Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Greenville!
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This hotel gives what you would expect from a Hyatt - pleasant staff, clean and updated decor,efficient service. The location was at the end of Main St., which has plenty of restaurants and bars. Its a short walk to the river/waterfall park, a little further to the ball park, but certainly walkable.
Two minor issues. I had called 24 hours in advance to arrange for the shuttle to pick me up at the airport - but it never came - I called the hotel and they sent someone out right away.On the way back to the airport I arranged for a shuttle, but the airline changed my flight time to an earlier flight on the morning I was leaving. Unfortunately all the shuttles were in use and I ended up taking a cab ($40) instead (not really the hotel's fault).
As for the conference center, the group meeting next to us was loud, and noise carried over to our room.

Room Tip: Try getting a higherfloor for a better view
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Gary C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Greenville and for your feedback. I am pleased that you felt the staff to be pleasant, the décor clean and updated and the service efficient. The location at the end of Main St. is indeed convenient to take advantage of all the dining and shopping Greenville has to offer. I do apologize for the shuttle incident and will discuss this with our Front Office Manager. I appreciate your candor and do hope the next time you are in Greenville; you will give us the chance to serve you again.