“Location... Location... Location...”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Indiana
“Location... Location... Location...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stay was very good. Rooms were comfortable, nice updated decor, very clean. The best aspect of this hotel was the location downtown within walking distance of all that Greenville has to offer; including dining, shopping, entertainment and more. Greenville is known for Main Street and you can enjoy it all if you make this Hyatt your home base. I would definately stay here again and will be putting family and friends up here when they come into town.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the street to take in the G'ville skyline.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Gary C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent visit with us. I am very glad that you found your stay to be very positive; that your rooms were comfortable, and nicely updated and very clean. Our team works very hard to ensure we take special care of our guests and I am pleased they were able to deliver the type of service one would expect. You are correct; our location is indeed a strong point. Being in the epicenter of all that downtown has to offer makes it very convenient to shop, dine or just for a leisurely work along Main Street.
Thank you so much for choosing the Hyatt Regency, we all look forward to serving you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Greensboro, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Hello I stayed at the Hyatt this weekend an was not pleased I found out that a room attendent was no longer at this location I really did want to see Stephanie ruffin after all I had somthing for her just to find out she was not there.I did not want service an the room was not up to part I knew that it was not clean by Ms.Ruffin they really lost a wonderful person

Room Tip: I cant say it was not clean by my housekeeper stephanie ruffin an it showes
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry the housekeeper you prefer was not working when you visited out hotel. We do try to train all of our staff such that you will always find a consistent product. We will certainly discuss your concerns with our team.
I appreciate your candor and do look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.
South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

We spent 2 nights 11/21 and 11/22 at the Hyatt. We were in town for a concert. We received up grade to panoramic suite on 7 th floor. Room was amazing, clean and great view of city. Bed was very comfortable. Check in was quick and efficient. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. Main Street was nice and safe. Many different types of restaurants and stores. Atrium as beautiful. My only complaint was that there was a charge for wifi....I would think for the price of room this would be included. Will definitely being staying at the Hyatt on all future visits to Greenville...great place to stay!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Gary C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Greenville. I am pleased that you thought your room to be amazing, clean and with a great view of the city. I am very glad you felt the staff to be pleasant and helpful. Downtown is indeed a wonderful place to explore; great shopping with a wide variety of restaurants to please any plate. Thank you again for your candor. We all look forward to the opportunity of serving you again.
Bismarck, North Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Spent a couple of nights here as part of a conference. Service, from check-in to check-out, was great. Staff were friendly and able to answer questions. Room was comfortable with minimal outside noise. Had breakfast one morning. While a little pricey, but not out of line for similar hotels, it was very good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your recent visit to the Hyatt Regency Greenville. I am so pleased that you had a great experience. Thank you for saying that service from check in to check out, was great and that the staff was friendly. We have the best team in Greenville and they work very hard to provide memorable experiences for all who visit our hotel. I am also glad your room was comfortable and that you enjoyed breakfast.
Please don't be a stranger. Come back soon and allow our team to serve you again.
Kingsport, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

The lobby is impressive. Downhill from there. Was told our room would have a balcony, it did not. Yet was charged extra thirty dollars for an atrium view. Was told Room was close to the second room we rented, it was not. Rooms were very small, no fridge, no microwave. There is no complimentary breakfast and everthing has a charge. Lobby coffee cost 2.00. One banana is 2.00. Etc. Bought a banana at a local coffee shop for .25 . Cost us 5.00 to park car overnight and 6.00 to leave. No indoor pool. The vending machine on third floor did not work. Very few channels available, news, sports mostly. Just feel there are much better hotels for the money. Daughter called desk to get internet guest password was told there is a fee of 9.99 ... ? I did not follow up to confirm this. Just overall disappointed.

• Stayed November 2013
Gary C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience here at the Hyatt Regency Greenville. I am very sorry your room was not in fact as close to the second room as you would have preferred. I am sure however, that our front desk would have moved you to a closer room if they were told. We do have refrigerators upon request; I do apologize that you may not have been made aware of that amenity. I must say that I am puzzled that you paid $2.00 for lobby coffee. First, we do not have coffee in our lobby and we do offer complimentary coffee until 10:00 every day in our Roost Restaurant. Because the city owns the garage they control the parking fees. It is not unusual in a downtown environment to find that parking is unfortunately not free. Thank you for letting us know your vending machine was out of order, we do check it every day, and I am sorry for any inconvenience. We are moving to a new TV programming provider in January and will have an expanded program list at that time. And finally, charging for internet is a Hyatt initiative, as it is in most full service hotels such as Marriott, Westin, Hilton and Embassy. I can certainly understand your frustration and want you to know that the service you received is not typical of what you will find at the Hyatt Regency Greenville. I would like to try to regain your confidence and if you will call me the next time you will be in Greenville, I would like to personally see to your reservation.
Thank you again for your candor, we look forward to serving you again.
Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

I recently stayed here while attending a conference for business. The facilities overall are very nice. The giant atrium lobby is beautiful, although the placement of the front doors caused some major gusts inside because it was so windy outside one night. Check-in was a little slow -- they had one employee assisting rewards club members and one for all others and, apparently most of the guests when I checked in were not members. As a thank you, I was given free internet access for my stay. The room was nicely appointed, if a little small. The "view" was a little awkward -- when I looked out the window I saw the workers in the adjoining office building across the atrium. Overall the room was clean, although apparently the maids don't dust the headboard. (I noticed this when I was getting into bed on the side opposite the rest of the room.) The bed was extremely comfortable, and the bed linens were quite nice. My room had an adjoining room and, unfortunately, there was a rather large gap between the doors and the floor. When the lights in the room were out, the light from the other room noticeably came through. Additionally, noise traveled under the doors, so I was able to hear the toilet flushing and the hair dryer quite easily. The location was very nice -- easily lent itself to a walk down Main Street -- and parking was quite convenient. The meeting rooms were quite nice, and the food was pretty good for a hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to our hotel. I am glad you found the hotel convenient to all that downtown offers and that you enjoyed your food and beverage experience. I am sorry for the noise next door to your room. We are in the process of trying to eliminate those noise issues. Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Greenville and we hope to have the pleasure of serving you again.
North Dighton, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Just finished an extended weekend in Greenville. I must admit I've stayed downtown several times at a top hotel on the opposite side of downtown and have been a bit of a snob about trying the Hyatt. My mistake.
I've read some reviews and I just don't understand. From the moment I walked in the door to the time I checked out (and even afterwards) every single staff member I crossed paths with was friendly and outgoing. Everyone there wanted to do whatever it took to make me happy and make my stay memorable. My original reservations was for 2 nights and I called last minute to extend to 3 with no problem. I had a standard room which was modern and comfortable. The hotel is newly remodeled and beautiful and the location couldn’t be better. I had a breakfast (buffet) and dinner in the hotel and both were great. Prices were standard for a top hotel and I don't mind paying a little more when the service and quality is that good.
I didn't find the hotel noisy at all. there were several parties there and they were hardly noticeable.
My room was not ready when I arrived and they happily secured my luggage and called my cell phone when it was available which gave us a chance to walk around downtown.
If you've never been to Greenville then you are in for a treat, I love it there. And if you're going stay at the Hyatt, you won't be disappointed. My only complaint is that I wish I could give it some rating better than Excellent, because it was in every way.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michael O
Thank you so very much for your kind assessment of your recent visit to the Hyatt Regency Greenville. I am very pleased that you found every single staff member to be friendly and outgoing. The team really does try to do whatever it takes to provide a memorable experience and I am glad that you felt that throughout your visit. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your food and beverage experience in Roost as well.
Thank you again for choosing our hotel; I sincerely appreciate how you were kind enough to recognize our team and we all look forward to the opportunity of serving you again.