“One of my favorite Hyatt properties”

Hyatt Regency Greenville
Ranked #16 of 63 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I've stayed in this hotel numerous times and have always been pleased. Some renovations were recently done prior to my most recent visit, and the hotel is that much nicer now. The lobby/atrium area is very bright, open, and clean. I love what they've done to the bar, bringing it out more in the center and creating a more round shape to it. It's very inviting and fun! The rooms are always very nice and clean, though I must admit I don't enjoy the rooms that face the atrium. I would still always prefer to have windows that face the outside. The location of this hotel is absolutely fantastic. It's right on Main St, with tons of great restaurants, shops, and bars within walking distance. I absolutely love Greenville, and staying at the Hyatt is part of the experience for me. The staff is always wonderful, too. I will definitely be back again and again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Nate S, Director of Operations at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you very much for making the Hyatt Regency Greenville your choice again for accommodations on your trip to Greenville. We are so proud of our renovations and responses like yours validate all the hard work that went into them.

More importantly I am thrilled to hear of your great experience with our staff. Without our wonderful associates we could not be nearly as successful as we are.

Thanks you again and we look forward to seeing you next time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,205)

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This was a Priceline deal for us. We knew that we wanted to stay on Main Street, and there was a deal for this hotel, so we went for it. It is a beautiful location - every Christmas the Festival of Trees is in their atrium and it's just a wonderful time. The room was not perfect - there was a weird sliding door to the bathroom, and looked out onto the parking garage. But we were there for Greenville, not for the hotel! So fine with us!

Room Tip: Our room was quiet, but looked out over the garage.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Zachary,

Thanks for making the trip from Newberry to visit us in Greenville and thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Greenville as your hotel of choice. I am so thankful for your kind words about your experience.

Come visit us again when you have a chance to get away! We enjoy having you.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

This hotel was a real surprise to me! It is very contemporary while still retaining warmth and friendliness. The lobby is stunning and thoughtfully laid out. Everywhere you turn there is something interesting to see or do. The sleeping rooms were equally stunning. Well appointed and quite large, half offer city views and the other half have view into the Lobby and central part of the hotel. Overall, I would rate it a 10 and would love to stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: This depends on whether you want city views or to see everything going on in the very interesting Lo...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Steven C.

Thank you so very much for taking a small moment of your time to share your experience at the Hyatt Regency Greenville. I was so pleased to hear just how much you enjoyed your stay.

We hope that on your next trip to the Greenville area you will allow us to serve you again.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

The renovations at the Hyatt are amazing. The atrium and bar are just beautiful. The staff is by far the best I have seen in Greenville. The restaurant next door is hit and miss. When they hit it is outstanding! The misses are typically just a disappointment but not necessarily bad.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Nate S, Director of Operations at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Jill,

Thank you very much for taking a moment out of your day to share your experience at the Hyatt Regency Greenville with the Trip Advisor community. I was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, I look forward to having you again on your next trip to Greenville to see more of what our hotel and out city have to offer.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The Hyatt Regency in downtown Greenville has a very nice lobby and building design which I would give an A+ However their are many other negatives about this hotel that I will go into some detail about, we booked a room for Sunday in advance on the hotels website at Hyatt.com They advertised a AAA discounted rate for a regular room with breakfast included for 188.80 and a cheaper rate without the breakfast. I decided to go with the breakfast rate. The day I checked in I was in for a rude awakening. Checking in was smooth but we were told that we have to pre schedule our shuttle for the airport. When we told them that we have a 9:30 am flight out of Greenville/Spartanburg they told us the only shuttle available at that time was the 6 am shuttle they did not have another shuttle until 9am. So I asked the front desk what time breakfast starts in the morning at the hotel and he said breakfast did not start until 6:30 so we where not able to eat breakfast the next morning because we had no choice but to be on the 6am hotel shuttle to the airport, when I asked the front desk clerk at check in to change my room rate because of the hotel shuttle issue and not being able to eat breakfast his reply was that if you don't eat breakfast at our hotel it won't be charged to your room which didn't make any sense because I was already paying the breakfast rate. So the next morning when I got the hotel bill under my door to my room the hotel had charged me the breakfast rate. So I went down and talked with the day shift front desk person about the charges he gave me a whole different story from what the guy told me at check in. The front desk told me this time that I get charged for breakfast regardless if I eat breakfast or not and he also argued with me about the difference in price of the breakfast rate and the non breakfast rate on Hyatt website so finally he took off 10 percent of my bill, when I checked my bank statement later in the week and they had charged me 240.00 and this was a higher amount from what the receipt reflected at check out. I would not recommend this hotel,it's overly priced for what it's worth and don't let them fool you when they offer free airport shuttle, they only shuttle you on when it fits their schedule. Should I return to Greenville I will not be considering this hotel. The rooms need to be renovated as they seem to be outdated, I went to turn on lamp in the room and dirt fell from lamp shade

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Justin B

Justin,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hyatt Regency Greenville. I am very disappointed in your experience during your stay, it is our goal that all of our guests leave with a wonderful impression of out hotel, our staff, and our city. Our staff is here to make your trip more convenient not more difficult, I can understand your frustration and I apologize for it. I sincerely hope that on your next visit to Greenville you would be kind enough to allow us another opportunity to show you what we are really made of.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

They have finally completed their renovations and it was a much needed update. We were there for a dance convention, so the hotel was running at capacity but they kept it clean and tidy the whole time. The updated rooms were nice. The beds were a little stiff for my taste, but that is a personal preference. The bathroom was clean and modern. The location for this hotel is nice if you are going to explore Greenville. About a 1/2 mile from Falls Park stolling down Main St. There are a few other hotels right outside the park, but we were there for the convention. Overall, this is a nice hotel with polite staff and clean rooms. We were in room 755 which had 2 double beds.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Heath H
Nate S, Director of Operations at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Heath,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to share your experiences here at the Hyatt Regency Greenville. I was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, we are so proud of our renovations and our staff. Downtown Greenville does have so much to offer so come back and see us again soon.

We would love to have you!

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is right on main street where all the action is. Was here for Valentine's weekend. The food at the restaurant is very good and this is coming from a very picky eater. The restaurant seems to offer farm to table and everything was fresh, although I found the morning buffet offering awkward, no pancakes or waffles in buffet that's a La carte and separate charge. Also no omelet station you have to order omelet from your table it is included in buffet. The breakfast was very delicious especially the house made croissants and muffins.

My room was the panorama suite, for me I really didn't appreciate this room as the layout was awkward and didn't feel like a suite and in my room 302 I could hear all the cars drive by noises and could not sleep. Unfortunately the next day I asked to be moved to a quieter room but none was available so I had to checkout. All in all I recommend this hotel, tip ask for a top floor atrium facing rooms. Finally for Diamond members there's no club lounge and for families no indoor pool. This hotel is very clean and nicely decorated.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank maud9
Nate S, Director of Operations at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences with the Trip Advisor community, I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Hyatt Regency Greenville.

We take so much pride in Roost which is our soil to city restaurant concept and the fresh, local, modern southern cuisine. I was so pleased that you enjoyed the food; our Chef takes so much pride in his recipes and providing a wonderful dining experience for our guests.

Thank you again for sharing your experiences, we hope to see you on your next trip to the Greenville area.