“Very nice stay”

Hyatt Regency Greenville
Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel is in good condition and the location is terrific. We were met with courtesy and professionalism by the staff. The concierge was extremely helpful. We had drinks at the bar and found the bartender very capable and nice.
If noise is an issue ask for one of the rooms which does not face the street. Live music started before eight one morning! Also be aware this is a popular hotel for conventions and the public areas can become crowded.
The rooms are attractive and well maintained. Bathroom doors do not close tightly, but are rather sliding doors and there is no exhaust fan in the bathroom.
Great choice for a visit to Greenville.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience and post a review on this website. We will certainly share your thoughtful comments with our Concierge and other associates. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit.

Please return soon.

Larry Bell

Write a ReviewReviews (1,194)

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt last week for a business/family trip. The renovation of the property is complete, and Hyatt did a really good job with it. The lobby area is very open and clean, and there were plenty of people there offering to assist. My room was ready early, and it looked fantastic. Very modern and clean and well stocked. I loved the bathroom remodel/updates as well. And, while I loved the sliding doors for the bathroom, they did not offer as much privacy as I would have liked.

It was a very good visit, and I will stay at this property again.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 661- it's towards the far end, back of the property - it had a great view and w...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience at our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed the renovations that have been made to the lobby area and the guest bathrooms, here at the Hyatt Regency Greenville. Please visit again soon!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is a awesome hotel, love staying here. it is by everything, staff is excellent and always there to help you in anything you need. The rooms are very nice, clean, fresh and has everything you need in a room for business travel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

DD,

Thank you for your outstanding review of the Hyatt Regency Greenville. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us, our convenient downtown location and the service from our associates. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed near the end of May for Business/Pleasure. We were only there for one night and I will say the Lobby looked amazing! Also the hotel is in a great location. My issue was Customer Service. Late Friday night I approached a Bellhop (young man named John) and asked about shuttle service. It was obvious I was interrupting him playing on the computer and drinking his Starbucks (all while speaking to me. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL). He made it very clear to me that if I wanted any help that "tips were appreciated". This was very insulting to me as I always tip any service industry professionals and to make comments of that nature is tacky and not something I would expect at a Hyatt Regency. I was beyond frustrated that he could not remove himself from the computer and his coffee break that I asked for a manager in which he replied "there is not one working" how is that possible? I have never commented on bad experiences while traveling before but I was not able to speak with a manager at the hotel so this seems to be my only outlet. On a positive note another young Bellhop (unfortunately do not remember his name, but he wore glasses, was VERY polite and courteous. Additionally our room was very clean and I passed our housekeeper in the hall the next morning and she was also very nice and friendly. If I am back in Greenville at some point I will have to think long and hard about where to stay due to the lack of customer service by that individual. Sad because we were very happy with property and location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your experience at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience, frustration and disappointment that you must have had during this unfortunate encounter with one of our staff. Obviously, this type of behavior is completely out of bounds, embarrassing and unacceptable.

However, as bad as it was, I don't believe your experience with this employee is representative of our typical service. Thankfully, I believe that the majority of reviews on this website tell a much different story about our hotel.

Having said that, I don't blame you for the hard feelings that our issue has generated. I would like to speak with you personally about it when it is convenient for you. Please reach out to me at the email below and I will call you and make things right.

larry.bell@hyatt.com

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Hyatt in downtown Greenville is a nice property that is part of a larger conference-type facility. The common area is very nice, sleek and modern (without being tacky). Upon arriving, I was greeted with a friendly smile. I was upgraded to a corner suite which was quite nice.

The menu was very creative for a hotel. They had lots of choices with regional flair. For breakfast, I stuck w the standard Americana (eggs, bacon and potatoes). The eggs weren't great so you might try something else. They have a lot of choices so you will be able to find something.

Lastly, the location is great. Walking distance-2 blocks-from the heart of downtown. Lots of good eateries and a very lively nightlife (without being too rambunctious. Take a stroll down there and get a drink and people watch.

Room Tip: Always choose something quiet:)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you so much for your excellent review of your stay in our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed the Panorama Suite that has a beautiful view of our city in two directions. We'll pass on your comments to our chef about your breakfast experience, but we are grateful that the majority of your experiences in our restaurant were favorable.

Please come back for another weekend visit soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed at the Hyatt Regency for a night while passing through SC. Hotel was very nice, comfortable beds, beautiful open atrium with bar in the center, walking distance to several restaurants. Overall, would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

We appreciate that you took the time to complete a review of your experience at our hotel. We're delighted that you enjoyed your visit and we'll certainly share your remarks with our staff.

Thank you for your business!

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency for the first year anniversary the room was clay the location just great it's too expensive and they don't give you anything in return there's no refrigerator and microwave in the room there's not freethe breakfast buffet was $16 parking was $15 for the price of the room some of it should been included they offer you nothing f*** this other room

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank TERESA G

Thank you for your review and happy anniversary!