Hyatt Regency Greenville
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
1,234 results
All reviewsmain streetlobby barbeautiful lobbywithin walking distancebeautiful hotelhotel restaurantself parkingrestaurants and shopsheart of downtownfalls parkthe location is perfectsouth carolinahotel staffthe room was niceenjoyed my staybusiness tripfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt for a conference approximately one month ago. When I booked, I requested an accessible room for my husband who has some disabilities. The room we were given does not conform to the ADA code. There was a weird sink (high) in the bathroom with no place to put your toiletries. Beside having the most depressing view of a parking garage roof, the bed was in a tiny room. Tightly fitted up against both sides of the bed were sharp cornered granite tables jutting out 30" from the wall. Even a person without disabilities could not get in and out of bed without injuring themselves. The staff was very nice and we do not complain without good reason, however they just did not understand. They moved us into another room that was still sub-par, worn and dirty, but we had no options.

We also ate at the Roost a couple of times due to our schedule. Do not waste your money The positives are the terrific location, with surrounding shops and restaurants. They do need some older and more experienced employees working the front desk, though, who could provide answers to basic questions. Too bad...this could be a premier property if updated aesthically, functionally and with more experienced personnel.

1  Thank luxchicago2016
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for posting your review on this website. We apologize for your very disappointing experience. If you will reach out to me directly, I will make every effort to assist you and make it right for you.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

So disappointed in this hotel. Here is the bad:

1) My sister has terminal cancer and myself and both of my sisters were meeting there to help her enjoy her last months. We specifically told them beforehand (and when we checked in) that she required a walker - what did they do? They booked us in a hotel room on the 6th floor and the room was literally the LAST room on the floor and furthest away from the elevator 2) They refused to let us unload our luggage at the front and self park our car. They said we could only do that if we had valet - yet all evening we saw car after car doing this. We had to pull our luggage in addition to my sisters through the parking deck and up a hill to get it inside. AND, we had to pay $6 to park. However, the parking charge was not a huge deal and I'm used to that with Hyatt caliber hotels. 3) I needed to use my computer for 30 minutes once I arrived - only to see that it cost $9.95 per day for Wi-Fi (this is beyond ridiculous). Even the cheapest hotels in a beach town give you free internet! 4) Probably the most unfriendly and least helpful person I've encountered at a hotel checked us in. She sounded lazy, didn't respond to our concerns about the room and was utterly useless. 5) Sub-par room that was not cleaned well; ie: dust on the window sills, dust gathered under the bed and against walls, dirty shower curtain, etc. There were many more issues, but these are the top 5

So, here is the good: 1) The location was perfection - close to restaurants, bars, trolley stops 2) The bartender downstairs was great - friendly and helpful. 3) The property is very pretty and well groomed 4) There isn't one

I VERY rarely complain because I've been in the customer service business and understand the demands of consumers. But, this was ridiculous for a hotel that charges $229/night for a single room. Perhaps they should spend more time teaching their hotel staff about customer service instead of grooming the property - because there wasn't any. Unfortunately, location isn't everything and I will never stay there again. In fact, I may not stay at a Hyatt again after this experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Enjoyingthetravel
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for writing your comments and posting your review on this website. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and for your disappointing experience. I would like for you to reach out to me so that I can discuss your experience and make amends.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt for a business conference. Overall, the hotel was just ok. The positives were the staff were all very friendly, the lobby is beautiful, the hotel is located right in the downtown area, and parking was only $6 per day. However, there were some problems. First there was no in room safe, which meant that we had to lug a backpack with all of our valuables everywhere we went. Second, the rooms were dark and looked dated. Our room overlooked the lobby, which I totally hated. Because of this we kept the curtain shut the entire time as I did not want my colleagues were also there for the conference looking into my room. To be fair, I looked on the website and I think you have an option to book a different type of room that does not overlook the lobby. The room was also not very clean and there were long black hairs all over the floor and shower curtain. On our last morning, we never received our 5 am wake up call. Luckily I had set a back up alarm. Finally, we had to check out at 5:45 am and there was not a person in sight at the check in / out counter. I had to hunt down an employee to find someone to help us check out.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Please accept our apology for the problems you have reported in your review. I would certainly like an opportunity to discuss them with you and make it right. If you will reach out to me, I will be happy to respond.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We attended an event here. When we arrived at 3:30 pm, there was no one at the Valet Stand. After waiting for a few minutes, I went into the lobby. The Concierge was on the phone so I asked the Check In agent for help. He said to wait outside and someone would be with me in a moment. I went back outside and managed to flag down the one Valet. He was on a mission but asked for my car keys while I checked in. I went in and checked in. The check in clerk found my reservations and told me I would be there for two nights. I told him the reservation was for three nights. He then said that I was correct. He asked if I was Valet parking. I told him I was. He asked to see my Valet ticket. I told him I was not given one. I went back outside and managed to flag down the Valet again and asked for my ticket. He gave me a ticket. The next problem was trying to find a bellman for the luggage. That was another five minute wait but the bellman we got was terrific! We followed the bellman to our room but our key did not work!! The bellman let us in with his key and then after unloading our luggage, went back to the front desk to get new electronic keys. When he returned, the keys worked. Not a good start or a good impression of the first thirty minutes at the hotel.

The room was nice and suited our needs, but with only one easy chair and one desk chair, it did not invite staying for long periods in the room.

The food at the Roost for breakfast was so so but the food at lunch was wonderful!! I had a hamburger that was simply out of this world and the dessert (cheesecake) was wonderful. The server at lunch was very attentive and we felt like we were the only customers for her even though the restaurant was very busy.

The biggest issue with the conference was the hotel scheduling our Saturday night event which included a quiet and dignified speech right next to an air wall behind which was a very loud band and a very noisy party! The music was so loud the floor was vibrating and the speaker was drowned out by the competing noise.

The highlight of the stay was the staff. From servers to Food and Beverage staff to all other employees, everyone was helpful, kind, loving, and welcoming. I had an issue involving collecting and storing a large amount of cash. The manager and the young man on the check in desk on Saturday around noon managed to help lock up the cash until I was ready to leave Sunday. The Manager, Ladonna, gave me her safety deposit key to hold so I knew no one else had access to the cash. Now that was service!

Finally, the location could not be beat!!!! This hotel is right in the middle of a most beautiful and exciting city. Don't miss this!!!

Room Tip: Stay above the third floor. My friends were on the third floor Saturday and the loud party continued long into the night despite complaints to the hotel staff.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and make us aware of your experience at our hotel. Please accept our apology for the difficulties you encountered at check in, we will certainly share your comments with our staff.

Finally, although we are happy that your overall visit was pleasant, we do regret that your Saturday event was disturbed by music from the adjoining banquet room. We do appreciate your business and we hope you return again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Very nice hotel with a large active lobby and nice rooms located near a very nice public park and a plethora of places to eat.

Did not speak to many of the people who worked there but the room cleaning ladies all spoke and said hello when you would walk past them. Something about having room cleaning personal being outwardly friendly was very refreshing and made me feel better about the cleanliness of my room. I guess it just seemed like they cared what you thought. NICE.

My only knock on the hotel is that their pool does not meet up to the niceness of the rest of the facility. It was like having a one or two star pool at a four star hotel. But it was a great night's sleep and a clean room.

Room Tip: They do not have refrigerators but if you will bring a plastic bag you can fill up one of the garbage cans with ice to keep your beverages cold.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for the nice comments on our Housekeeping Staff. They will be delighted to hear about your very pleasant experience; we'll share it with them.

We would like you to know that we are in the planning stages to update our pool area to the standard of the rest of the hotel. We expect to have it updated by next summer.