“Worst Cracker Barrel experience...ever.”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Ranked #37 of 127 Restaurants in Greenwood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I'll make this quick. There were 6 in our party and the place may have been half full. That said, our food was cold. Everybody's. Butter wouldn't even melt on the french toast. You think that a $70 bill, this is after one meal was removed from our ticket, you could get a hot meal. Just horrible. Asked for a manager but he was busy handling another customer complaint.

1  Thank newbalance31

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Always stop by when I am near by. Love the Chicken and Dumplings and hash brown casserole. I always love looking through the store to see if there is anything interesting. I usually find something!

Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

The past couple of times I have eaten here I have experienced service so lousy it's unrivalled anywhere. Both visits we had a different server so it would seem to be more problematic than just one member of staff. Drinks were left to run empty. Food took too long to arrive. It was obvious the food had been waiting in the kitchen prior to service. Servers were not attentive and when they did come to the table, their service skills were seriously lacking. This used to be a good food venue. I don't know what has changed, but it's not been for the better.

Reviewed 13 February 2013

A Cracker Barrel is a Cracker Barrel. Good home style food, friendly service and a fun atmosphere. Not some place I'd eat at all the time. Otherwise I'd weigh 300 pounds.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

I reviewed the Cracker Barrel in Martinez, GA several weeks ago and ranked them 5 (stars) which, is high for me. This week, I ate at another Cracker Barrel - in Greenwood, SC. Wow - what a difference. On the good side, the food was ok and we were seated promptly. The problem was the table service. Really! How wrong can a restaurant do things. Of course, the service is a direct reflection of the management since they make hiring decisions, train the employees, and (hopefully) watch over the daily operations.

To be more specific, our party of four was seated promptly. After about 15 minutes, no one had taken our drink orders so I flagged down a waitress (Amy) who was probably not assigned to our table. She was sympathetic about our situation and took our drink and meal orders. I never saw this lady again - NEVER. After another 15 minutes had passed, we still had no drinks or food. I would have tried to get the attention of some waitress, but there were none to be found. I went to the kitchen door where I was met by a gentleman in a blue dress shirt (no tie) who said he would help. He did. In just a few minutes, waitress #2 brought our drinks and a basket of bread. We asked her for lemon for our tea but she disappeared for good. Several minutes later, waitress #3 arrived with another basket of bread. Then . . . nothing . . . no food. Another 20 minutes passed. Then, waitress #4 brought our food. We asked for catchup, A-1, and lemon for the iced tea. A full hour after we had been seated, we were still waiting for condiments. I returned to the kitchen for help. I was given the condiments and returned to eat my (now cold) dinner. Surprisingly, waitress #5 brought a cup of lemon wedges which we no longer needed. After eating, we were ready to leave but had no check. I returned to the kitchen to ask for a check. I was asked where I was seated and in a few minutes, waitress #6 brought our check. We couldn't get out of this restaurant fast enough!

I summary - this is the first time I have ever refused to leave a tip. There is an O'Charleys, Outback, Chillis (even a McDonalds) within walking distance of this Cracker Barrel. If you are in Greenwood, SC, I recommend you avoid this management disaster and the embarrassment caused by taking your friends out to dinner here.