“Too slow, too cold, inefficient” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #46 of 120 Restaurants in Greenwood
Cuisines: American
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbia, South Carolina
“Too slow, too cold, inefficient”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

I should not have stayed.. We go to lots of Cracker Barrels and this was one of the worst. While waiting for a seat in a half filled restaurant, I paid for a top and the cashier counter was sticky with drops of syrup...This got all over my wallet and fingers and when I complained, the worker stated she was sure it didn't get on the top. I asked for a wet towel and was ignored. We did wait at least five minutes for a table when there were no other people before us. When we finally ordered, our drinks never came..or the food. After 45 minutes part of our order came. There were five of us...granddaughter's pancakes came without syrup, my beans/greens without onions or relish and no biscuits. When I questioned was told "going to get them." My food was warm...not hot, the onions old and rubbery, the drinks left empty. I swear, there wasn't one smiling person there. I had read the previous reviews and figured they were having a bad day. Wrong....this is just a bad restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MyrtleBeach60

Chesnee, SC
“Worst Cracker Barrel experience...ever.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

I'll make this quick. There were 6 in our party and the place may have been half full. That said, our food was cold. Everybody's. Butter wouldn't even melt on the french toast. You think that a $70 bill, this is after one meal was removed from our ticket, you could get a hot meal. Just horrible. Asked for a manager but he was busy handling another customer complaint.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank newbalance31
Rialto, California
“Who doesnt love Cracker Barrel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Always stop by when I am near by. Love the Chicken and Dumplings and hash brown casserole. I always love looking through the store to see if there is anything interesting. I usually find something!

Visited October 2013
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Horrendous of late.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

The past couple of times I have eaten here I have experienced service so lousy it's unrivalled anywhere. Both visits we had a different server so it would seem to be more problematic than just one member of staff. Drinks were left to run empty. Food took too long to arrive. It was obvious the food had been waiting in the kitchen prior to service. Servers were not attentive and when they did come to the table, their service skills were seriously lacking. This used to be a good food venue. I don't know what has changed, but it's not been for the better.

• Visited July 2013
Greenwood, South Carolina
“Good home cooked food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

A Cracker Barrel is a Cracker Barrel. Good home style food, friendly service and a fun atmosphere. Not some place I'd eat at all the time. Otherwise I'd weigh 300 pounds.

Visited June 2012