“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I have had two experiences with Danish's. The first, we took a visiting colleague there. The owner took a look at our shorts and t-shirts, and with a sniff he very reluctantly showed us to our seats. He was very cold and judgmental, until he realized that he was serving two PhD's, and our friend was from Pakistan. He warmed right up, and proceeded to tell us about what an upstanding establishment he runs, where he wants people to dress well and children are definitely not welcome. The food was Italian that night, and not impressive. Wanting to try the Indian menu, we decided to give it another try the next year. We had reservations for our anniversary. We arrived at the restaurant at 6pm on a Thursday night to a locked door. We tried calling - got no answer, waited 20 minutes... nothing. I am still wanting to try the Indian food there, because I've heard it's great. But I'm not going out of my way to do it.

7  Thank Becca S

Reviewed 11 June 2013

A friend shared this wonderful secret. Tonite was our first, but definitely won't be our last visit for wonderful healthy food, unparalleled service, and overall an entertaining evening with friends. Cannot wait to go back on an appropriate day for dining al fresco in the beautiful garden.

1  Thank Judy M
Reviewed 2 June 2013

My wife and I had dinner last night at Danish's. We went early, and were not disappointed. Danish made some recommendations, and we followed his advice. The meal that followed was one of the best we have had anywhere! We both had flounder prepared as I have never experienced. The combination of spices and herbs, and the pan fried fillet provided an explosion of flavors that I will certainly order again! Battered, and pan fried spinach accompanied the fish, and proved to be equally delicious. The chicken and beef curries were most flavorful as always. Danish took the time to chat with us about the preparation of the fish and the other side dishes. We will be back soon!
Thanks Danish for a wonderful experience!

2  Thank Will895
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I have been lucky and have travelled a lot, I also eat out in Greenville. BUT I also eat and drink in Greenwood quite a bit continually visiting a wide variety of restaurants. Danish is unique not only because he has a great garden area complete with Doves and fountains but because the service is so personal. He is the one, unless it is busy, who will come to the table for a chat, or even if busy you will still get to meet this intriguing, wordly gentleman. I no longer bother with the menu, letting Danish pick wine and food. On my last visit I had "King" fish grilled with freshly smoked spicesI with bowls of curries,sauces,relish and nan bread, my guest said it was like thanksgiving! I hope that this delightful peaceful restaurant will stay peaceful despite all the aclaim. Selfishly I like it that way!!

1  Thank jacobyte
Reviewed 29 April 2013

When we arrived at 6:15 and there was no one in the place we should have known. To start, no wait staff. The owner spent the night trying to host, wait and cook... big fail!!! Next when I asked for a lamb dish the owner said he had none. My disappointment must have shown on my face because I received a 4-5 minute lecture on the price of lamb and how "people like me" didn't understand... oh really!! I then ordered Italian that was absolutely uneatable. I sent it back and we left after paying for my wife's OK meal. There are excellent Indian restaurants in Greenville and Augusta. I do not understand some of the other evals here. I'm wondering if people really know enough about real Indian food to be able to say this is it. It is not!!!!

6  Thank Stephen D