“Worth The Drive”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We no longer have an Indian restaurant in Aiken and have been longing for genuine Indian cuisine. Our son lives in Greenwood & invited us to join him at Danish's. We are so delighted that we made the drive! The owner was truly passionate about his offerings, so we thought it was best for him to select the items from the menu that he thought we might enjoy. Amazing. He customized the dishes for us based on our preferences! If the Trattoria was in Aiken, we would eat there every night!! His fish is cooked to perfection and don't forget to save room & time for freshly made Chai!!

1  Thank trexaiken

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Personalized service and dinner by the owner himself. Essentially private dining in a relaxed setting with excellent Pakistani / Indian or Italian quisine.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

I have had two experiences with Danish's. The first, we took a visiting colleague there. The owner took a look at our shorts and t-shirts, and with a sniff he very reluctantly showed us to our seats. He was very cold and judgmental, until he realized that he was serving two PhD's, and our friend was from Pakistan. He warmed right up, and proceeded to tell us about what an upstanding establishment he runs, where he wants people to dress well and children are definitely not welcome. The food was Italian that night, and not impressive. Wanting to try the Indian menu, we decided to give it another try the next year. We had reservations for our anniversary. We arrived at the restaurant at 6pm on a Thursday night to a locked door. We tried calling - got no answer, waited 20 minutes... nothing. I am still wanting to try the Indian food there, because I've heard it's great. But I'm not going out of my way to do it.

7  Thank Becca S
Reviewed 11 June 2013

A friend shared this wonderful secret. Tonite was our first, but definitely won't be our last visit for wonderful healthy food, unparalleled service, and overall an entertaining evening with friends. Cannot wait to go back on an appropriate day for dining al fresco in the beautiful garden.

1  Thank Judy M
Reviewed 2 June 2013

My wife and I had dinner last night at Danish's. We went early, and were not disappointed. Danish made some recommendations, and we followed his advice. The meal that followed was one of the best we have had anywhere! We both had flounder prepared as I have never experienced. The combination of spices and herbs, and the pan fried fillet provided an explosion of flavors that I will certainly order again! Battered, and pan fried spinach accompanied the fish, and proved to be equally delicious. The chicken and beef curries were most flavorful as always. Danish took the time to chat with us about the preparation of the fish and the other side dishes. We will be back soon!
Thanks Danish for a wonderful experience!

2  Thank Will895