“A MUST STOP FOR BURGERS AND FRIES”
Review of Dixie Drive In

Dixie Drive In
Ranked #4 of 127 Restaurants in Greenwood
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I started going to the Dixie back in 1987 as I started college. The Dixie had the best burgers and fries in town back then and it still does today! Most people get the Dixie cheeseburger "1/2 and 1/2" meaning 1/2 French fries and 1/2 onion rings. I always go with all fries and the Dixie cooks them up to order...nice and golden brown in my case! The fried chicken and seafood are pretty good too. Servers are quick with refills and are super friendly.

One of the main things I look for in a restaurant is consistency...can I count on a good meal time after time...well the Dixie has only been doing that for me for over twenty years. So, if you are in Greenwood and craving burgers/fries/onion rings...make a stop at the Dixie!!!!

1  Thank Frank S

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I love the food,always have but after the horrible way your RUDE servers treated an obviously homeless customer who PAID for his own meal I might add, I WILL NEVER GIVE ANOTHER DIME OF MY MONEY TO SUCH A HEARTLESS PLACE!! Then tostand there and talk about him with other customers and laughing in his face , SHAMEFULL you lost a 20+ year customer today and I'm going to do my best to stop other people from supporting you!!!

8  Thank gwdsbestkeptsecret
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Nostalgia at it's best. The Dixie has been around forever. Every town has one, your parents used to hang out way back when they were dating, the burgers are the same, great onion rings, everyone knows each other, and and and.
There's something comforting about sitting at a counter and eating. Your drinks are constantly being refilled by waitresses that have been there forever.
Don't expect anything fancy. It's not. It's Americana at it's best....

Reviewed 15 April 2014

You can always count on a good Mel at h Dixie. great cheesburgersnd hot dogs.The sliced oats pork is Los a favorite, Home mad onion rings are great . Now offering chicken wingsrvery day and fie shrimp on Saturdays. Great Southern iced tea. Try it with lemonade mixed in. Delicious. The dily specials R always good ,Fied chicken on Thursday. DZily specials come with fries n slaw. Excellent marinaded cole slaw I ve been a steady customer since 1962. I like the BBQ sandwich,not mokecBBQ but good nonetheless. Alwys a lunch crowd.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The whole town loves the burgers at the Dixie. It has been around for many many years and is a pretty popular spot. It has the bar stool type atmosphere and the service is always good. They have awesome homemade BBQ sauce. I usually dip my French fries in it.