“Authentic Simple Mexican Food Finally!”
Review of La Estrella

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Estrella
Ranked #32 of 157 Restaurants in Greer
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Having moved from San Jose CA last year, we have been on the search for simple and real Mexican food. We found it. La Estrella is a very unassuming place in Greer. Matter of fact, the first time I came upon it, I was suspect of what could be inside. As soon as you walk in, you feel like you have entered a restaurant/cafe in Mexico. The food is simple....tacos, tamales, etc. There is what I would call a salsa bar with everything you need to put on top of your food and it is super fresh. There is an entire wall of refrigeration cases of sodas and other drinks. They sell Mexican breads and have an entire wall of what must looks to be yummy breads, cookies, treats. The place is bare bones on décor although the last time we were in we saw they added a TV with music videos on it. We also noticed the menu on the wall was updated…perhaps new owners or just a few upgrades. This is not a fancy place by any stretch, but the simple good food reminds me of what we used to get back home. My husband thinks the tamales are fabulous. The tacos come on a corn tortilla and whatever meat you picked, nothing more. We have had the quesadillas which are a good size and very good. We have never had the burritos but plan on trying those next time. You can't go wrong with this place.....who knew that Greer had real Mexican food?

2  Thank Monica041